Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Joyeuse     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I don't actually have a joyeuse, but I would say yes for tanking. More swings=more hate, and joyeuse+tatami is going to swing a lot.

For DD though, nah, the hits would be too low (axe for me hits about 50-70 which is what...twice the base damage of joyeuse? talking about woodvillethat is)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Is joyeuse an option for Ridill-less WARs or is it better to use an axe instead?
    Honestly, in EXP, it hardly make a difference on which you choose. Joyeuse is faster TP gain, but Dual Axes is stronger WSs (And both have about equal DoT). It really comes down to preference, aswell as build (I.E. Merits (Axe or Sword), Gear (Heavily Double Attack built or not), ect.).

HNMs, Dual Axe wins no contest for raw damage (If tanking with a enmity built setup, Joeyese might bring in more hate since it attacks more often. Prior to using an offensive setup, I used pure enmity with Joyeuse+Shield and got hate really well). The worse ACC and ATK aswell as hitting for 0 more often is really not worth it over an Axe for damage.

Wow. My first ever BG double post.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I camped for my Joyeuse on a server up last year. It took 8 hours for that bastard squid to pop. Sometimes both of the mantas would spawn in the water, sometimes only one- since it was server up it was always his window so I think that is an indicator. (Unless it onlt pops in intervals, but I dobut that.)

I hate that place and am glad I never have to camp it again.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Hijack'in this shit right back Orfeo :D

The mp3's seem down bud. I didn't know you played though, very cool.

The band is doing amazing, and it's a double edged sword. Like, we got slated to play at the House of Blues in atlantic city. We stand on that stage for...14 minutes, if that. It's a SEVEN hour ordeal. It's insane how much time gets eaten.

But, it's the most insane rush in the world and I'm loving every second of it. We're playing a show on Jan 7th with a band called Broken Silent that I'm really lookin foward to. They have about five insanely gorgeous metal chicks in that band that make me wanna screw anything within arms reach, like on extasy.

Fuck, sorry to livejournal but like he said - question's already answered.

Here's a random thought of the day. Who would you rather fuck:
    Morgan Webb of G4 Tv (<-- my answer)
    or Julyia on Fuse TV.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Chary is easy, I did it with NIN(75) BRD (75) and me, 68RDM at the time.
    It took abtou 10-15 minutes to kill, the ninja was decked in STR gear though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

funny story happened on another server..

A RDM was camping it, and some other shell arrived there before his ls did and started fighting. he got depressed and shit but once it got to 2 percent i think some miracle happened and that PT wiped..
    he chain spell nuke charby for his joyeuse...

who said rdm cant solo >_>

Ya that is kinda weird...they are down <.<; I think I have them saved on my pc somewhere, gonna look for them and upload them somewhere else then I'll PM ya ;D

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The manta that can pop outside or inside is Charby's PH. However I've never seen a "window" where that one pops inside for 3 straight hours or anything, since his "window" is more like 8-36 hours.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

From everything I've heard, it's not an actual "window" but rather pure lottery once the 8 hours is up. So in theory, it COULD never spawn again, if the lottery is just that F'd up. Won't happen due to the law of averages, but that accounts for all the times where I went camping at 8 hours and gave up 10-12 hours later, and also for the times where I went at 8 hours, and popped it with one PH kill.

Btw, I went 1/16 on this 100% drop, which is just retarded. My recommendation: don't bring anyone else who can lot on it. My other recommendation: if someone else is camping the spawn and pops it, and you go to help kill the NM and you lot on the sword... put your testicles in a vice grip and tighten it until they fall off. Thank you.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Chary is roughly an 8-12 hour lottery pop (or seems that way for me). Chary can be done with 2 but usually 3 people, NIN, BRD, RDM or WHM. I rather only do it with 3 since TP for Chary is not a good idea. With more than just a NIN wacking at it, Chary tends to spam Cross Attack and Maelstrom. It can be tanked without BRD (yes ive done it before) but i had i think +103 eva or something like that. With double mambo and around 40+ eva hes not tough at all. Usually O hat, SH, Rasetsu tekko and Scouter's Rope are enough.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Theres only one placeholder. Whether he pops inside the room or outside of the door means nothing. I've seen PH pop outside door and Chary pop next spawn. Its an 8 hour lottery, though ive never waited over 3-4 hours once window is open and I've probably killed over 20 times. Did the people who waited 32 hours or whatever seriously stay awake for 32 hours straight watching pops? And I thought i played too much

As for tanking, Ive seen pld tank it.. I tanked it without bard before but went a different route than evasion. Used HNM type gear.. -40% phys dmg, tavnazian tacos and defender. His hits were only about 70 damage each with that setup. Thats as ninja.. As thf/nin ive killed with thf, bst, pld and went full evasion.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I heard a Thief solod this before. I'd love to see this, although it may be a lie.

On a side note, Joyeuse by itself with marches, haste in general is like hundred fists.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    Did the people who waited 32 hours or whatever seriously stay awake for 32 hours straight watching pops? And I thought i played too much
    there was maybe an hour max when someone was not actively killing PHs. and there was nothing on any chat logs of someone else fighting during that period.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I camped this for like 2 days after losing lots and pops and stuff. Killed with Nin brd rdm, just use a march and mambo and it's cake. The pop window is around 8 hrs and to keep yourself amused there is a sahagin nm in the room outside that drops siren hair, 2 hr lottery of the drg sahagin.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I killed Chary once as NIN/BRD (yes subjob brd) and 2 WHM - beat that :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    ended up killing him with NIN, BRD, and PLD on main heal.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raivyn
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    ended up killing him with NIN, BRD, and PLD on main heal.
    Edit: This has honestly been the most intense fun I've had on FFXI lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

BRD main can land elegy... thats hax in itself already

i have the best joyeuse story of all time.. right ecurb? :wink: