Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Joyeuse     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Joyeuse

Anyone have info on charydbis? I keep getting a ton of different answers from the sites i check. Any info anyone has would be great.

Xavier

Sea Grotto, past the gold coin door, southwest off the map.

Lotto of the mantas in the room, roughly a 8hr-"when it pops" mob. I camped it for 45 min before I got mine, but another person swears on their life they had a 32 hour camp. Seems really random.

Killable with only a handful of people, nin rdm brd and blm or smn could do it overtime no problem if they had good gear and knew how to play.

NIN is the best tank for it (but I've seen thf/nin and sam/nin tank it), having 2 bards + a rdm is extremely helpful for double march, double mambo and haste. Seems to attack like its using a kraken, so evading is really important. Has a few weaponskills, one which blinds you, another called cross something or other that I've seen 1 shot tanks before but is blinkable.

GL on camping the sword, its a nightmare but pretty cool to have in the end.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

thanks xav, I was most curious about the pop time - so its TOD +8 hrs - whenever you say? Thanks for the clarification.

I camped it 30 hours before I got it to pop for me.
    Next time I helped a BRD friend get his it popped in less than a hour, so who knows
    Good luck.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

My Charby was just sitting there waiting for me. A PT of six good people With a NIN tank can kill this easy, well as long as you have NIN BRD and RDM, it should be easy granted they have half a brain. Its a great sword and fun to play around with, on PLD/WAR the double attack is around 70%~ if not higher for me. Good Luck with this, its a bitch.

took me 11 hours

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    NIN is the best tank for it (but I've seen thf/nin and sam/nin tank it)
    I've actually found MNK to be the best tank for it. Counterstance with AF2 boots completely owns him.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

heared a mnk/thf tanked him to death..really surprising and i would like to give it a shot really...

dont quit on camping it..it brings you drama but its a good sword

It's lottery pop after 8 hours I think. The lottery part really sucks at it could pop really fast or it could take forever. The times I've camped it it usually pops in the 11th-13th hour since last death.

There is an elemental that spawns right in front of the gate, so becareful not to fight to close to it as you might aggro it with magic.

thf/nin, brd and rdm is all you need, unless people are fucktards and want to mpk you.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

If this helps you, I can tell you a safe bet that I tried.

If you invest in enough silent oils and time - park a mule on the hill just past the door into Chary's room, you wont get aggro, and you can get the time of death. Stay there enough to see one spawn.

It's an 8 to 12 hour spawn (usually, and was for me). If you see it die, at least you know when to come back and clear placeholders. If you make it to one to two hours left in the window, call your linkshell or friends down there so you dont waste too much of their time.

Here's a big hint though, I swear to god it's true. When chary's window is open, both Devil Manta's will spawn in the water. Not one in the water, one outside the door.

I'd say it was coincidence, but for 3 hours in his window, every 15 mins - they both popped in the water every single time. Then he spawned right there too.

I think that's a clue, but it MAY have been coincidence. If you see the mantas spawning only in the water, both of them, chances are (I'd say) that you're in his window.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    I'd say it was coincidence, but for 3 hours in his window, every 15 mins - they both popped in the water every single time. Then he spawned right there too.

I think that's a clue, but it MAY have been coincidence. If you see the mantas spawning only in the water, both of them, chances are (I'd say) that you're in his window.
    You went as far as to put a mule there yet didn't even work out that only one of the Manta's, the one that can pop outside as well as inside, is the placeholder?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    FFXI: Retired, real life rocks so much harder
    again?

lol i hate charby.. for some reason it took me 5months of camping to get my Joyeuse.. My only advice is to be there with friends and NEVER camp Charby alone because some JP fag will come in and say "w thx" and steal your NM (which you have been camping for about 40hours)

Notei camped it for 40hrs because apperently i was fighting sahagin NM when it popped and got killed >_>)

I went to get my Joyeuse, and stayed there for a few minutes more than 17 hours straight without leaving. My LS heard that I had been for so long and 3 other PT's showed to compete. They came out to help claim and we full alliance zerged it.

I went back to help get an RDM friend his Joyeuse about a month later. THF/BRD/RDM trio'd it, took about 15 minutes to kill it. Hit me twice the entire fight. Chary is almost in a state of constant hundred fists...will miss about 90% of those swings and will hit a shadow the other 10% against a THF. The only two times I got hit was when it did Cross Counter with 1 shadow up the first, and between casting the second time. You don't want to get hit with cross counter as a thf, it took me to the beginnings of red health from full. The good thing is that because I had a BRD and a RDM...I very rarely had to cast :ichi.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

You went as far as to put a mule there yet didn't even work out that only one of the Manta's, the one that can pop outside as well as inside, is the placeholder?
    Did you read what I said at all? What I said was that the second placeholder, for the ENTIRE window, spawned only inside the room.

Before his window, one placeholder spawned inside the room, one outside the door.

As soon as his window started, BOTH popped inside. That was strange to me, like a sign he will pop. Again, it was only during his window that they both spawned in the water, every single spawn for four hours.

But, I also said it could've been coincidence.

again?
    Yea, just slowly stopped playin more and more. Haven't logged in like two weeks except once or twice when I tried fishing. Then I found out you can only fish for a certain limit per day, and just stopped altogether. Not really a big deal, just sorta stopped having fun with this video game right now. Maybe I'll try playing again after a while, maybe I won't. If it's fun again, I'll play (if I have time - my band occupies ALOT of time).

Why, what do you care? I didn't make any dramatic posts saying goodbye or anything. I just stopped.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I might be mistaken since when I camped for Joyeuse it was back when hardly anybody had any info on him, and I haven't really speant time there since, but don't only two pop if it's his window to pop? I always thought that there is 1 that pops there all the time and has no effect on his pop, and then 1 that's his actual PH and only pops when his window is up.

I'm also pretty sure that several months ago when I was camping the Siren's Hair NM back there, another LS had killed him and only one was popping after that. I wasn't really paying attention though, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

I'm pretty sure there are two placeholders.

They either spawn both in the pool inside his room, or one in the water, one outside the door. I've never seen both spawn outside the door, just one, but I am under the impression that both are infact placeholders.

When it was NOT his window, one spawned inside the room, one outside the door.

When it WAS his window, both spawned inside the room in the water.

That may have been just random, but like I said, it did that for 3-4 hours straight with a PH spawning every 15 mins. And that only did that during his window. After he died, the one started popping outside the door again.

Jersey you better be sending me your EP like i e-mailed you about way back

Seems like your band is doing good, check out the band I'm playing with right now... http://www.cretinspunx.tk ...theres a few songs we recorded but shitty quality and our drummer was passed out drunk somewhere :\

Ya I'm highjacking the thread (again) cause xavier answered all questions in the first post.

edit: fixed the link

E. Body
    BG Level

Is joyeuse an option for Ridill-less WARs or is it better to use an axe instead?