Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Trying to pop the sea aern NMs (and then not getting the drop).
    I was under the impression, and in every instance in which Ive popped an Ix'Aern, that as long as you hold the Qn's/Wyverns and continually kill the IX' that you always get one drop or the other. Im 100% on Deeds doing it that way...and I seriously think Jailers could have some sort of similar means of killing them that makes them 100%. I dunno I've had very good droprates on Jailers, and it almost always seems like they drop in spurts.
    You're lucky. We've tried kiting wyverns and we've tried having all wyverns dead. We've tried kiting Qn's and we've tried killing them. No difference. No drop.

Sage Sundi also said that at the present time Dynamis currency is only available in Dynamis areas.........

/point Brigand's Chart.

oops
    I'm pretty sure that interview was done before the latest Brigand Chart update? Or again, maybe he is just not disclosing things that people may or may not know. Trust me Im not trying to defend Sage Sundi...he seems pretty incompetant. At the same time though I feel some of it may be due to some sort of a gag order vibe i get from him. He definately knows more then he's letting off in some areas.

You're lucky. We've tried kiting wyverns and we've tried having all wyverns dead. We've tried kiting Qn's and we've tried killing them. No difference. No drop.

Ok take for instance the animosity Ix. We had two NINs hold the two Qn's while the Ix was kited around the perimeter...killed,reraised, killed, reraised about 7-8 times and on the final kill, Deed dropped both Qn's DISSAPEARED and that was that. You did this? Because unless you killed Ix over and over again till his Qn's died on their own...you didnt do it right.

Never...ever kill the Qn's first.

Sage Sundi also said that at the present time Dynamis currency is only available in Dynamis areas.........

/point Brigand's Chart.

oops
    I'm pretty sure that interview was done before the latest Brigand Chart update? Or again, maybe he is just not disclosing things that people may or may not know. Trust me Im not trying to defend Sage Sundi...he seems pretty incompetant. At the same time though I feel some of it may be due to some sort of a gag order vibe i get from him. He definately knows more then he's letting off in some areas.
    yep, sage sundi doesnt know very much detail and what he does know/say is highly depressing..

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Isn't WoW considered a single player RPG until you reach endgame?
    only hardly by those who choose to solo. i havent gone a day without doing something duo or in a 5 man group.

A single player RPG that requires multiple people to complete and killed time in an interesting fashion. Also that is not my sole reasoning for enjoying it, all I am saying is I enjoyed that element and wouldn't consider it a failing point.

yep, sage sundi doesnt know very much detail and what he does know/say is highly depressing..
    I will venture a guess that Sundi knows a lot more than he told you. But at the same time he isn't a developer so if you ask him exact details your right he probably doesn't know every game dynamic on how you kill each mob and what their weaknesses or drops are. On the grand spectrum of things though I think he's pretty well informed. I wouldn't rip in to him too much, or even call him incompetent Lockecole, maybe it was just a bad choice of words on your part. But you need to understand that he is their global online producer and not the lead designer or anything close to that and to work for SE and go from head GM to that position I am sure he has a good grasp and is very capable of performing his job. You are right though that he knows more that he lets on.

Yeah incompetant was a bit harsh, (though I wont put it past him) but he does seem to be ignorant in the areas and subjects that were addressed to him. Why SE would send a person like him, to answer questions which he seemed to have no answers to, is beyond me. Either SE doesnt care, (possible), seriously fucked up in who they sent to answer questions, (not likely), or are content with knowing more then we do..and keeping it that way, until we figure out every little intricacy of this game on our own. (very likely)

Ok take for instance the animosity Ix. We had two NINs hold the two Qn's while the Ix was kited around the perimeter...killed,reraised, killed, reraised about 7-8 times and on the final kill, Deed dropped both Qn's DISSAPEARED and that was that. You did this? Because unless you killed Ix over and over again till his Qn's died on their own...you didnt do it right.

Never...ever kill the Qn's first.
    Thats what I said we did. Fucker died and didn't reraise. No drop. We've also had it reraise half a dozen times or more and not drop too. The Qn's on that one are seriously stupid. As a RDM I had one on me for 15+ minutes easily once. I just stood there casting blink and once in a while stoneskin. Dumbest add mobs ever.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

/point Brigand's Chart.

oops
    the charts were added in before the interview.

I dunno then..Im one lucky bastard. Guess it's just a matter of time before we dont get a drop.

I wouldn't call Sage Sundi ignorant or incompetant (he could be though), maybe he can't disclose information cause it would get him fired? Perhaps he knows shit they don't want you to know... honestly if I was in that position (talk and you're fired) I would keep my mouth shut and side step your questions like a motherfucker. I wouldn't put it past SE or the FFXI team to do something like that either, I mean, look at Gludd.

/point Brigand's Chart.

oops
    Sundi: Currency has to be within the 6 Dynamis areas. We're not going to change that.

According to that, not only does the Brigand quest not drop dynamis coins, but the new dynamis areas won't either.

On playonline they say:

-Relic equipment and ancient currency that players could earn in previously released Dynamis areas will also be available in the new areas

2 strikes for Sundi in as many sentances.

Not to defend him either but every representative of every videogame I've ever played has been as accurate with one exception. Blizzard, Cryptic, Sony Online Entertainment, Square Enix, Relic, etc. etc. are all just a bunch of bullshit when you talk to them. Only id is different, in part I think because the person doing the talking is also the head designer AND developer...

I wouldn't call Sage Sundi ignorant or incompetant (he could be though), maybe he can't disclose information cause it would get him fired? Perhaps he knows shit they don't want you to know... honestly if I was in that position (talk and you're fired) I would keep my mouth shut and side step your questions like a motherfucker. I wouldn't put it past SE or the FFXI team to do something like that either, I mean, look at Gludd.
    Not an ignorant person, just ignorant (not knowledgable) in the areas or topics in which were brought up. What's the point of conducting an interview if you know the person you send either doesnt know what he's talking about or WILL NOT talk about any of the subjects in detail. Again I'm not assuming anything about him, just like before, bringing up possible scenarios in why the interview was conducted the way it was, and how productive it was in the end, as a result of his sidestepping/lack of knowledge on the subjects.

I mean don't give your customers a FALSE sense of what direction your game is headed in. ALOT OF BG quit for the time being, and possibly others on what could have been a misleading (and in many ways that Nynja showed) WAS a very misleading interview. SE is fucking themselves over with their lack of disclosure, and in turn making us feel like there is no hope in the horizen, when gradually they are showing us there is in the recent updates tocome. Don't say "we wont be doing this or that" when in fact you will be and just don't feel like giving a secret away or to ruin the "surprise." SE needs to lighten up...us players need some sort of light at the end of the tunnel...or we're about to give up on SE and FFXI as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    To top that off you then have JoL and AV which are ridiculously hard to the point of them not being worth doing. Getting 80 people together to share one drop IF it drops... ludicrous. 3 months farming for something to not even pop.
    Fixed.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    To top that off you then have JoL and AV which are ridiculously hard to the point of them not being worth doing. Getting 80 people together to share one drop IF it drops... ludicrous. 3 months farming for something to not even pop.
    Fixed.
    Can we stop this :O. It isn't original or funny anymore . Let's start a new trend.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Sundi: It could be bugged. It doesn't seem like it's the intentional way to design. Honestly I don't know, so I have to check into it.
    Ok yeah it sounds like he's side-stepping...but I also feel like he's hiding something, and doesnt even wanna disclose that there's a way to get 100% drop on even Jailer items. Its obvious there is a 100% chance at IX'Aerns (or at least a VERY high chance as long as you hold Qn's and kill Ix')

Irregardless I still feel Jailer pools should be deepened, but maybe that's all they had in mind for them to drop, and are gonna place other items in Limbus and the new Dynamis.

[quote:b3c21]Isn't WoW considered a single player RPG until you reach endgame?
    I think Lordwafik put it best:

Lordwafik wrote:
    playing a MMO with no friends is like playing mario party solo, very boring and pointless.
    [/quote:b3c21]

I've done almost 90% of the crap I do in WoW in groups. I can't solo the instances, tons of quests are not soloable unless you are levels over them, but then they give no exp. I believe Lordwafik's post was made becuase he couldn't play with friends so why play? I'm on one of my rl friends servers and know some other people that play in my town. Makes the game more enjoyable.

WoW soloing is like FFXI soloing, 1-10 or maybe to level 15. You can solo higher but its not as efficient just like in FFXI.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jifan
    WoW soloing is like FFXI soloing, 1-10 or maybe to level 15. You can solo higher but its not as efficient just like in FFXI.
    I agree with your post up to this point, thats just flat untrue, soloing non-elite missions is by far the most effective way to get to level 60, try hunter lvl1->lvl60 in a month and one week, with a full time job.

Compared to FFXI leveling in warcraft is a joke, but endgame is a diffrent story, there is definatly a debate to be had, and WoW looks pretty solid in it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Grinding is faster then running around questing. In some spots you get quests to kill mobs and return and get the exp. Grinding instances is by far faster then questing. The benefit of questing is to get rep.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

month and one week while working full time? because if you plan your quests, like accept a bunch of quests that take you to a simalar zone and such, thats how fast you can get to 60. this is not a hypothetical number

Your solo leveling speed is really dependant on your class in WoW.. some classes like warlocks and hunters can solo-grind endlessly with little to no downtime [my lock got 60 in 15 days playtime, this was with a mostly quest grinding and a few instances to get gear and complete the quests - i never just killed mobs for the sake of killing them save for the 59-60 grind], others might have more downtime, but the ability to take on multiple mobs at once to make up for it [mage AoE grinding, for instance], others, usually the more specialized classes like warrior and priest are usually better off quest grinding or running instances or duoing rather than trying to grind mobs. But regardless its completely possible and totally viable to solo your way to 60 on every class in WoW.

You can't compare the speed of a warlock or a hunter with say, a warrior, but regardless they're all very capable of getting to 60 alone. The best way to get to 60 IMO, is smart planning of which quests to take and which areas to grind in, ideally overlapping the two - if you're going to grind on Un'Goro Crater gorillas for instance, it'd be smart to take the quest that asks you to kill them.

Not true. Every class can grind ridiculously quickly, provided they use an optimum talent spec, and then gear themselves up to grind. My priest was my second 60. I saw as much as I could on my warlock -- did the quests, ran the instances etc, so I decided to just grind to 60 on my priest. Doing about 25 quests in total, I was 60 in just under 8 days /played, and made enough money grinding to buy my epic mount at level 58. Ha.

Other classes could go quicker I imagine. My warrior is level 25 with 22 hours /played. Its insane how much damage that class does, even at low levels.