BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    My argument is this:
    http://jammno.ytmnd.com/
    That might just be the world's worst human being... Yes... I think it is...

I thought we all played FFXI for the awesome endgame content and not the graphics :wink:. "Hay guyz lets play Dragonquest8OnlinePokerPSP and every 30 minutes try to target a big dragon that materializes out of the sky. Shit lost claim lets spend 3 hours getting pop items for sky to pop nms that might drop more pop items. Cool we finally got our last pop item for this Jailer of Love after only 3 months time to pop him oh wait we only have 25 BLMs in our LS lol sux2bus. Oh cool we CFH and every LS teamed up and we killed him no loot but time to fight Absolute Virtue oh cool he just wiped the entire zone in 10 seconds. Better luck next time."

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    And how many voted Bush for President? That makes him a good president?
    Nope, but it does mean hes the Commander and Chief and effectively dictates everything you do. That argument in itself is lame, because it can apply to anything. You don't have to like the people in charge, or the more popular games, but it doesn't change the fact that they are indeed making more money/in charge and are in a better position to fix things in the future.

The argument also doesn't hold up because 9 out of 10 gaming critics agree that WoW is a better game.

link removed

Two popular gaming sites that show overwhelming support for WoW while pointing out that FFXI is flawed and the expansion did nothing to fix it. More people play the game, more sites agree that its a better made game. You can shrug it off as being irrelevant, but in the end you're calling a much larger group of people stupid for not agreeing with your views.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    My last post should've pretty much said this, but its retarded to compare PC graphics on games where the limit is your graphics card.
    If that statement was true about WoW then I wouldn't be argueing. But the limit isn't my graphics card since WoW looks identical on a card 6 generations old as it does on the current model.
    Thats just total bullshit lol. When I turn the graphics up to max on my laptop, they are extremely detailed, I just don't use them that high for fps issues in areas with a lot of people. Those high-resolution pics off ffxi that were posted in the beginning of this thread will NEVER be what 99% of the players of ffxi see because they'll never be able to handle graphics like that, nor is the ffxi engine good enough to handle them after you add in all the other factors and run it in realtime. Its a really lame argument that comes down to if you like realistic graphics or cartoony.

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/ar...6011453703.jpg
    Look at how fugly that picture is. Its all relative to your graphics card. I have seen very good looking pictures of WoW, and very good looking pictures of FFXI, but I've seen an equal # of bad in both. You seem so set on condeming WoW that you won't even acknowledge people could find its graphics appealing or that a good graphics card and max settings can give equal results to that of FFXI.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

kuai you forgot, oh cool guys we just took 40 people to kill vrtra and died a fkton and lost a fkton of time xp and hrs trying to kill it and we got loot thats 10x worse than anything fafnir ever dropped that my LS killed in 15minutes with 12 people lol@us for wasting time. Hey guys thanks for spending the last yr farming dynamis currency and 200mil from the LS fund for my cool shiny relic weapon but LOL it sux and i got a better weapon from fafnir over a year ago LOL sux2 be us again! and, hey I've been camping the same 3NMs for the past 2yrs because nothing in the game drops better loot, even mobs that are incredibly harder but they just look so peachy i cant do anything else, im so happy the graphics keep me stuck to a game with shitty content!

kuai you forgot, oh cool guys we just took 40 people to kill vrtra and died a fkton and lost a fkton of time xp and hrs trying to kill it and we got loot thats 10x worse than anything fafnir ever dropped that my LS killed in 15minutes with 12 people lol@us for wasting time.
    Yeah let's just go fight mobs that only involve DPS zergfests. I'd be surprised if anything in WoW came close to the strats it takes to take down HNMs in FFXI. You die a fuckton to Vrtra? We've done it with 35 people and less then 5 deaths from start to finish.

im so happy the graphics keep me stuck to a game with shitty content!
    Held you guys for 2 years. And until you guys have obtained everything you wanted for your jobs... it wasnt so shitty now was it? If I recall going back to your videos... many of you stated those were amazing times, of organization and teamwork. Go watch your old vids, listen to the background? People seemed pretty excited to get Dalm/E.Bodies. Getting any of that in WoW?

What's a games worth? The amount of "uber omfg items that make me god and I solo whole instances myself", or the experience of the game, and the people that make it up. If I wanted to play a game that was easy and involved me becoming uber endgame I'd play a 1player game. You worked your asses off for shit in FFXI, and it paid off, and now you all denounce it? Denounce all of the feelings you had, the feeling of ACCOMPLISHMENT which up until now, no other game has matched for me? I'd be amazed if WoW mirrored any of what you guys accomplished on the lvl that you did, in FFXI.

WoW is so Americanized it's sad. Blizzard gives you what you want when you want it. Of course you guys are enjoying yourselves, because Blizzard knows how to spoon-feed people into feeling they're accomplishing something and getting somewhere, when in reality the ease of everything they accomplish, ruins it. Take your fast food, it may get you to dinner quicker, but in the end I'll wait 45mins at a nice restaurant (or 3hours in a pit) for filet mignon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Seems most people left because they weren't having fun anymore. Right now, they are having fun playing a different game. Let them be, maybe a year from now, they will tap out the game. But at least for that year they had fun.

You don't need to justify how good FFXI is to other people, just be happy that you like it and leave other people alone (and stop creating these damn topics).

Look at how fugly that picture is. Its all relative to your graphics card. I have seen very good looking pictures of WoW, and very good looking pictures of FFXI, but I've seen an equal # of bad in both. You seem so set on condeming WoW that you won't even acknowledge people could find its graphics appealing or that a good graphics card and max settings can give equal results to that of FFXI.
    I'm not sure if you're being intentionally obtuse or what. You can turn WoW graphics up all you want and you aren't going to be putting any more polygons on those models and they still look like shit. And yes, if you get a shitty enough system you can even get FFXI to look as bad as in your picture. That doesn't argue against the fact that a good system WoW will still look like a blocky peice of shit with very low res textures and FFXI will have higher rez textures and higher polygon count models. This isn't talking cartoony vs non-cartoony, this is talking about Blizzard releaseing a game with an outdated graphics engine.

You don't need to justify how good FFXI is to other people, just be happy that you like it and leave other people alone (and stop creating these damn topics).
    There's nothing to justify. I'm merely pointing out what BG conveniantly chooses to forget, what FFXI was to them. They all sound like the typical guy/girl who is sick of the person in their relationship...and goes out to find someone new, only to end up finding out they're just as flawed and boring as the person you were with before.

My point I'm trying to portray now is that yes WoW may be fun now, because its new and something different, but it DOESNT change what the person/game is, only your perspective has. FFXI isnt suddenly a shitty game just because you cant find any reason to play it anymore, and WoW isn't the best game ever just because you're experiencing something new. It's just stages.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

No we dont die a fkton I was just saying that why waste time and have chances to die a lot while killing hard mobs for shitty rewards like tiamat jorn and vrtra, ya it nice to kill those and it feels good, but the only really nice thing is the feeling, the loot is terrible in relation to the diffuculty of the fights.

Everything in WoW isnt a DPS rush, you can spam big spells because hate is held a lot better in WoW than in FFXI, you can allow melee in wow to do what theyre supposed to do and not stand on the side lines most of the time.

and yes FFXI did keep us in it for a long time, until we took a step back and thought to ourself "why have we been killing the same 3 monsters for yrs?" when we could have gone to another game and killing stuff and moved on to bigger harder things. FFXI is insanly repetitive and its depressing knowing that you put so much time into the SAME thing (3kings best loot in the game) and its almost impossible to max an entire LS in a fair ammount of time. Wow has is repition but alteast theres the option to choose killing other stuff than the same 3 monster. Can you honestly say the reward for killing jorm is worth it compared to the reward from killing nidhogg or getting a defending ring in the relation to time/ppl/diffuclty?

Also you just cant compare the grapahics in WoW to ffxi, it would be like comparing FFXI to DQ8, its not like comparing Quake4 to UT or anything close, you just gotta play it and give it a chance. I'm not saying FFXI will be shit in the next couple yrs/months but from the recent past is has sucked. COP taking forever/3kings/COP dragons dropping shit/upgrading relic/SE not caring about endgame as much as they care about getting new customers, its just sad and I/we wanna be happy and have fun playing a game that we put a lot of time into, and WoW is better for us now.

Quote Originally Posted by gfive
    but they dropped the ball with WoW.
    4 million people disagree compared to FFXIs 500,000. If they dropped the ball, Square was the kid on the bench who was only allowed on the team because the school forced the coachs to accept everyone.

My last post should've pretty much said this, but its retarded to compare PC graphics on games where the limit is your graphics card. PS2 FFXI is utter garbage, and both FFXI and WoW on the PC can have almost identical graphical quality (with vastly different graphical styles)...it all depends on your graphics card.

Which means it comes down to content and faith in a company...and my faith in Blizzard to listen to its fanbase is a lot higher than Squares, hands down.
    I agree with your post 100%.

and I'll tell you what XB360 will bring to FFXI, about 200,000 more people - 150,000 of them being 13 year old little bitches THATS TYpES+O LIKES THIS AHAHA, have you played Xbox Live!? When I play I keep my headset off just so I don't have to listen to the fucking mickey mouse club act like stright up gangster's online.
    my 16 year old cousin who got a 360 yesterday said he was going to get ffxi, and i totally convinced him not to. mission partially accomplished. then myself, my brother, and my cousin who i got into wow, all convinced him to play wow. mission way accomplished 8)

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

God shut the fuck up about the ffxi graphics vs WoW graphics. Someone's bitter BG left for WoW.

If people play games solely based on graphics, and not gameplay, they need their head examined. Hopefully they play by the latter, in which WoW blows FFXI out of the fucking water.

I guess SE has a new posterboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    There's nothing to justify. I'm merely pointing out what BG conveniantly chooses to forget, what FFXI was to them. They all sound like the typical guy/girl who is sick of the person in their relationship...and goes out to find someone new, only to end up finding out they're just as flawed and boring as the person you were with before.

My point I'm trying to portray now is that yes WoW may be fun now, because its new and something different, but it DOESNT change what the person/game is, only your perspective has. FFXI isnt suddenly a shitty game just because you cant find any reason to play it anymore, and WoW isn't the best game ever just because you're experiencing something new. It's just stages.
    i dont forget how fun ffxi was. loved where it was fun. but the game was a fucking disaster after sky, period. i hated it since then but i stuck with it because of my friends in BG. after a while we almost all reached the conclusion that square is clearly not holding up and doesnt care about the game, and moved. and havent looked back.

you wanna talk about expansions? burning crusade was announced a short while after aht urgan, so lets compare what we know presently about each.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/ahturhgan/index.html - 14 screenshots, 1 sentence about 1 new job with 4 screenshots, 4 new mob types with a paragraph each and a couple screenshots
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/ - a 5 minute trailer, 24 screenshots, 7 paragraphs about (relevant, coherent) lore, 19 artwork pictures, cute wallpapers, 13 extremely in depth answered FAQs.

look at the two preview videos of ahn qiraj and medivh's tower from blizzcon, and how blizzard actually communicates and cares with their community, and nobody could possibly truly claim square cared even 5% that much
    http://files.filefront.com/Ahn_qirajzip ... einfo.html
    http://files.filefront.com/burning_crus ... einfo.html

hell, just compare blizzcon, a multiday huge event with thousands of fans and ACTUAL INFORMATION, to the igames convention that did JACK SHIT but dodge questions and admire cosplayers, and tell me square is going places with ffxi. l o l

Damn, your making me want to quit FFXI and pull out that WoW CD out of the junker drawer....

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

Lock how many times out of ten does that flame mignon come out of the kitchen cooked to perfection (getting the claim)? How many times does it come out burnt or raw (getting out claimed)? POL has that little warning before you log not to forget its a game and dont spend too much time, dont lose freinds/family/school/work time blah blah blah, but then why make people wait 3hrs to have a small chance at getting a claim on something? Why not make other ways to get those things done that might not keep you from hanging out with your freinds on a friday night/high nidhogg chance? Why do they say not to spend too much time playing and missing out on other things, when things take so long to get done? the FFXI player bases -begs- for other ways to get abjs or other ways to get relic money, but SE not only doesnt give it to us, but doesnt even give straight respones to the subject.

You say the game is easy to get to endgame or level 60 but also you can't compare it to ffxi, because in ffxi you have to seek in jeuno for hrs unless you have a set, look at bgs war/nin set they lvled everyday all day long (like you can in wow) and got to 75 in 3 weeks, well that wasnt hard was it? if you could lvl as much in ffxi as you can in wow id be willing to bet you could get to 75 faster than you can get to 60 in wow, in wow from 59-60 its some 300,000XP so its hardly comparable

ok im logging on WoW ... time to grind my rogue to 45! :D

roll a priest on azshara and get it to 45 8)

question for berticus:

it would seem hard to leave FFXI, after accomplishing/spending some much time on it? I am just BLM75 and i tried to quit for WoW, and i was like wow, 100 days of play almost now, throw it all away? So i'm still playing FFXI.

then here's question number 2:

how do you do time management? because you go to college, seem pretty active in online gaming and do shit with RL people i think? ( i saw your livejournal lol)

I personally have a really time managing my time, and i'm only a sophomore in high school. between school,hw,tennis,being class vp, tons of ffxi, friends.... i'm always fking up. if i cut tennis team to do ronstrum pumps , my coach is mad, if i cut LS event to hang with friends, the LS isnt happy. if i dont do HW to camp HNM my parents arent happy!

and all of the above are very important and i dont know what to do! i recently been trying to schedule time blocks , sorta works

actually im sure tons of other ppl can reply to this, so some feedback is coo lol

this will be the end of FFXI

[removed broken image]

shitty employee's, I been saying it for years now...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I stuff stray puppies in my basement fridge and sell their meat for cheapcheap instead of a real job. I feel this gives me optimal time to play.

I suck at time management too with job + school + game but obviously fucking up in real life isn't worth it for a game :o

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

God damn this is making me want to play WoW now too. Most of what has been said here is all fact, some of us are just denying what SE is doing or lack there of. This game is going down faster than a drunken whore.