Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

do you think blue mages will be able to equip ridill?

it's a scimitar. ;;

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just because it's a scimitar or whatever doesn't mean they can equip it. Much like MNKs can not wear all H2H weapons.

thats why i'm asking if you think they'll be able to equip it. in one of the recent patches, SE changed the way that the jobs that can equip an item were displayed, making it easier for them to add new jobs to currently existing equipment.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, it doesn't really matter what we think if they will be able to equip one. We don't even know how the job will work yet... even if they added BLU to the list, it doesn't mean anyone is going to let them lot it if they aren't considered to need it or make good use of it (much like BST).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Why Ridill is equipable by jobs outside of WAR is beyond me. It's like adding NIN to Noble's Tunic.

Blue Sword + Blue Mage. Duh it's obvious.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Nny
    Why Ridill is equipable by jobs outside of WAR is beyond me. It's like adding NIN to Noble's Tunic.
    amen
    I cried when an ls on my server gave their first 3 to:
    drk, drk, sam

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    amen
    drk, drk, sam
    Keep in mind that LS farm wyrms, DRK Ridill on a dragon is hacks, and a SAM sprirts within on a mob like KB owns.

IMO every job that can use it with the exception of RNG its nice.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by gfive
    Keep in mind that LS farm wyrms, DRK Ridill on a dragon is hacks, and a SAM sprirts within on a mob like KB owns.

A DRK can wield it nicely; it'd be like adding RDM or SMN to a Nobles Tunic. However, it's a bonus for a DRK. To a WAR, it makes them god-like. Tanking + Highest damage dealer in the alliance? How can you even justify giving it to another job considering that?

Plus, it's also really just a watered down kraken club for a DRK. And, atleast for us, you have better luck get a Kraken Club drop then a Ridill drop, aswell as the fact that Kraken Club is tradeable.

As far as a SAM doing Spirit's Within....:\ I can't think of any mob that should be Spirit's Within'd. I can't even think of when a SAM would use a Ridill.

Demosthenes11

amen
    drk, drk, sam

also true, but war has by far the most usefulness with it.
    And rngs, if you EVER bid on ridill before everyone in your godamn ls has one, I will hunt you down and take your first born, you should not be having kids for your stupidity surpasses me.
    Then again, bsts as well. Their job is to not get hate, I dont think ridill will help much <.<

amen
    drk, drk, sam

also true, but war has by far the most usefulness with it.
    And rngs, if you EVER bid on ridill before everyone in your godamn ls has one, I will hunt you down and take your first born, you should not be having kids for your stupidity surpasses me.
    Then again, bsts as well. Their job is to not get hate, I dont think ridill will help much <.<
    i have a ridill, 75RNG ^-^

Demosthenes11

Yes but I am sure you got it before rng nerf =P

A DRK can wield it nicely; it'd be like adding RDM or SMN to a Nobles Tunic. However, it's a bonus for a DRK. To a WAR, it makes them god-like. Tanking + Highest damage dealer in the alliance? How can you even justify giving it to another job considering that?

Plus, it's also really just a watered down kraken club for a DRK. And, atleast for us, you have better luck get a Kraken Club drop then a Ridill drop, aswell as the fact that Kraken Club is tradeable.

As far as a SAM doing Spirit's Within....:\ I can't think of any mob that should be Spirit's Within'd. I can't even think of when a SAM would use a Ridill.
    I don't see how you could campare a DRK with a Ridill to a RDM or SMN with a nobles, that's retarded and would help 0.

IMO it's a + for every job, but if I lead a LS that killed Wryms as soon as they spawned I would give it to DRK > WAR > SAM > THF.

I forgot about BST, but yeah pointless if that was there main and got it.

About tanking and highest DMG in alliance, I can't think of a time where you would use a axe+ridill in a alliance, I would use a GAxe if it was a big mob or dynamis. Highest DMG in a EXP pt no doubt, and for tanking its nice too.

But IMO for a end game LS, DRK's should get it 1st - it helps the LS when it's needed and falls from a end game mob, I would rather it benefit the LS as a whole then a EXP pt.

Xavier

I got ridill for my sam =(

but after that I took rng and eventually war to 75, so I guess I made good use of it in the end.

imo the order of most benefit is war>drk>thf>sam/bst>rng(can't even melee now with the ranged change, totally worthless)

lets call blue mage the blue warrior, have them sub ninja and assuming they can equip it give the weapon to them first because it'll be the cool thing to do.

Yes but I am sure you got it before rng nerf =P
    postnerf.

it pwned for ouryu bc.
    rng/sam with ridill out tping the samurai ftw.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I don't see how you could campare a DRK with a Ridill to a RDM or SMN with a nobles, that's retarded and would help 0.
    You've never seen a RDM or SMN cure? lol

It's the same basic concept, it's rarely good for a RDM or SMN just as it's rarely good for a DRK.

About tanking and highest DMG in alliance, I can't think of a time where you would use a axe+ridill in a alliance
    ....why? It's the best tanking/damage dealing combo, it's been a long time since I've been outdamaged on anything that isn't a CoP wyrm using Maneater+Ridill.

But IMO for a end game LS, DRK's should get it 1st - it helps the LS when it's needed and falls from a end game mob, I would rather it benefit the LS as a whole then a EXP pt.
    ....lol

You want the best use for endgame? Give it to a Warrior. Think: What drops the best loot? Aspid, KB, and ofcoarse Fafhogg. Hell, even sky Gods drop better loot then the CoP Wyrms. You're allowing the Warrior to do the most damage on the mobs that actually matter WHILE TANKING, allowing for AMAZING HATE, allowing for BLMs to NUKE EVEN HARDER, allowing for EVEN FASTER/EASIER FIGHTS.

Uhh... you're not going to "do the most damage in an alliance" to KB or Aspidechlone just because you have a Ridill >.>

It's an >>EXP<< play toy to be given to WARs and DRKs. If you want to deal damage on COP Wyrms and other strong HNMs, use Steel Cyclone. A Ridill will not make your LS any better able to kill Absolute Virtue, Jailer of Love, Kirin, Vrtra, Tiamat, or Jormungand.

Giving RDM a 10% cure potency body would actually help at difficult HNMs... letting a WAR to play with his Ridill at Tiamat when he should be using Steel Cyclone actually hurts your LS.

If you believe SAM's end game use is best served by Spirits Within spam, you grossly underestimate the power of SA Tachi: Gekko.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

BST would lot it for the exact reason a SAM would lot it, for spirit within spam. We have high HP.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    It's an >>EXP<< play toy to be given to WARs and DRKs. If you want to deal damage on COP Wyrms and other strong HNMs, use Steel Cyclone. A Ridill will not make your LS any better able to kill Absolute Virtue, Jailer of Love, Kirin, Vrtra, Tiamat, or Jormungand.
    If you paid attention to what he says... Nny specifically did not mention CoP Wyrms. Not every LS is concerned with the mobs you named (epsecially AV and JoL) or even capable of attempting them atm. Just because it doesn't help in EVERY situation does not invalidate which job could make better use of it.

Using Ridill as WAR on some HNM works really well.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

SAM sprirts within on a mob like KB owns.
    http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/1...04090av.th.jpg
    More like KB owns me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast