Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW DYNAMIS     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

you do need Zilart for the original Dynamis.

and if it's a different storyline from the Dynamis storyline, it would be stupid to require Dynamis-Xarc. i have a strong feeling it will be a Diablos storyline which will require at least clearing Diablos in CoP Missions and having regular Dynamis access.

the Dynamis Lord storyline seems pretty over.

yeah, I'd hate to see it require people having beat Dynamis Lord, because at least on my server, only 1 NA ls has done it. No other na ls has made a credible attempt (qualifier: That I know of, I'm not exactly on the dynamis circuit anymore).

My one hope? That they aren't as mind numbingly boring as the 4 city dynamis's. A 36 person limit makes me think that it won't be, but goddamn, 3/4's of the reason I quit my dynamis linkshell was because city runs are just plain tedious. No real strategy once you know your pulling route, just sit there, nuke statues, die because there's no where to run, blah blah blah. The only one that's fun is windy, because, well, there's always a chance to wipe in certain areas, and it's fun to watch tanks scream "CURSNA" when doomed.

IF this is more like northland runs, GJ SE, GJ.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Northlands farming isn't any more exciting or difficult than City Runs either, imo.

the fun stuff is Angra, Attestation NMs, Animated Weapons and DL.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Northland is kinda fun, but the fun goes away when you don't see any af ever drop.
    One of the important parts of this update that people missed is:

Relic equipment and ancient currency that players could earn in previously released Dynamis areas will also be available in the new areas
    This is a big deal if it's on a separate timer. Plus being able to get +1 af2 is probably gonna be pimp as hell. I know blm af2 is good and doesn't have random stats that need fixing (ie af1 gloves having chr and having int added) so the improvements will probably be sweet as hell. Plus you don't lose the lvl like on af1 so its probably worth getting anyway.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

This might be my imagination playing tricks on me but didn't the CoP mission with the Snoll Czar talk about a demon or some such who was above the Shadow/Dynamis Lord? I mean, Diabolos is cool and all but in terms of story he was just kind of like, 'zomg I be testin your resolve.'

Add kickin in: Dynamis Sauromogue (sp.) Champaign would be an entertaining Dynamis.

If there is AF2+1 I will slit my wrists. As if AF2 isent hard enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Relic equipment and ancient currency that players could earn in previously released Dynamis areas will also be available in the new areas
    This is a big deal if it's on a separate timer. Plus being able to get +1 af2 is probably gonna be pimp as hell. I know blm af2 is good and doesn't have random stats that need fixing (ie af1 gloves having chr and having int added) so the improvements will probably be sweet as hell. Plus you don't lose the lvl like on af1 so its probably worth getting anyway.
    Seperate timer would mean 4 hours of Limbus a week + 16 hours a week of dynamis instead of 8. I'm so looking forward to that... HOPEFULLY the AF + coin drops in the new dynamis are good enough we can at least stop doing current dynamis cities, but... I doubt they'd obsolete zones like that. SE is paranoid of obsoleteing anything and do their best not to.

Augments for AF2 will be interesting, but I imagine it will be limited to stat and hp/mp and accuracy etc. which will be a boost for meleer but mages kinda go meh. +refresh, +fast cast, +mgc atk, +mgc def, -damage%, and +mgc accuracy are unlikely to show up I'd wager.

Quote Originally Posted by namfoodle
    This might be my imagination playing tricks on me but didn't the CoP mission with the Snoll Czar talk about a demon or some such who was above the Shadow/Dynamis Lord? I mean, Diabolos is cool and all but in terms of story he was just kind of like, 'zomg I be testin your resolve.'
    Yes, Diabolos is the god of dynamis or whatever. Theres a dynamis blurb or cutscene somewhere as well that pretty much says theres a bigger boss than the dynamis lord.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's nice that they're giving us new +1 gears and all, but where are we supposed to store all of it. can we get more Storage space please!!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    And I still think they should add job specific accesories to dynamis too. Cleric's Earring? How about a 5% cure potency or enhanced haste? Yes please.
    I like this idea!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So if it follows the same basic level of difficulty that the original Dynamis scheme seems to follow, maybe the process would be ....

Valkurm
    & complete >>>>> Qufim complete >>> Tavnazia
    Buburimu

With the boss to Dynamis-Tavnazia being found at Bluebade Fell perhaps? Or could Dynamis-Tavnazia actually take place in old Tavnazia since Dynamis is an alternate timeline? A timeline where Tavnazia wasn't destroyed....? It could be an entirely new zone, if you will? I've seen pics from Dynamis-Qufim, Dynamis-Buburimu and Dynamis-Valkurm but none from Dynamis-Tavnazia.

Eh, I'm probably dreaming.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

You know what this means if the new Dynamis areas are on a seperate 3-day timer, right? Dynamis four nights a week! Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah! Reraise Gorgets for everyone, woohoo! *cuts self*

Black Belt
    BG Level

Dynamis-Tavnazia in the game data is the Safehold.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by rahskala
    You know what this means if the new Dynamis areas are on a seperate 3-day timer, right? Dynamis four nights a week! Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah! Reraise Gorgets for everyone, woohoo! *cuts self*
    it'd be like WoW then since WoW endgame is like doing dynamis every night! time for BG to come back to ffxi!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

They said able to upgrade relic armor, but that doesn't necessarily mean "AF2+1" in my opinion (Might be pushing it a bit I think ><)

More like.. Relic Subligar!

Also.. I think that the storyline for the new areas would be something like.. the Ghosts show up and say "Hey, we forgot to tell you, that on our way to the Northlands, we went through Qufim Valkurm, and Buburimu, and that Galka Shadowlord guy, well, he has a few regrets there, so get to it"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    Relic Subligar!
    I'm there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Surealistic
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    That'd limit the NA community of Bahamut thats able to enter the new Dynamis zones down to the remaining people from BG + you.
    equilibrium/cowbell is planning on making a few runs at dynamis lord in the next 2 months, so add us to that list as well
    lolz

Welcome back BG!

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Dynamis-Tavnazia in the game data is the Safehold.
    That would be interesting, the first indoor dynamis. I'd assume since it's not going to be released in December that it will be the final zone with the boss. But where in safehold could you stick a Diabolos model big enough to fit 20 meleers around? I'd assume the final fight would have to take place in the central pit.

Well, heres hopeing it isn't some recycled bullshit with good rewards that you'll never see in any real quantity like Limbus.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Nuriko
    As in previously released Dynamis areas, players may enter the new areas once every three days.
    I might just be nit-picking words here, but my interpretation of that is that the new areas would be on a seperate timer. Of course it doesn't say that it's not on the same timer as the rest of Dynamis either...
    This is exactly how I interpretted it too. As much as I love Dynamis doing it four times a week might be a bit much.

E. Body
    BG Level

This is pretty good for the dyna shell I'm in, assuming you don't have to clear Xarc.. we have about 30 people total in shell and generally have 25 come to each run, we've cleared all four cities and beauc with 25 but DL? not happening without something ridiculous like 20 monks with 4 rdm/drks <_<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast