Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OMFG ZergLS     submit to reddit submit to twitter

OMFG ZergLS

Ok, on a serious note. How many people have HNM/Dynamis/Sea/Sky/Limbus/Mission LS's that cover all aspects of this game? I know there are a quit a few out there now that regularly take down Wyrms, clear Dynamis', camp HNM, do all the endgame activities and reach around 50 active members. Do your LS's get regularly harassed for your success?

For a first kill, a Wyrm can reach up to 40 people in attendance, a Vrtra kill roughly 50 but as you get better, those events can dwindle to the 20-25 mark and Vrtra 30-40. Now, you successfully kill these with a large quantity of people and you are labeled an OMFG ZergLS even though you progressively require less and less people to attend these events.

The same goes for Dynamis, HNM, all those fun things. Yes, you have 50 members and a few odd times you'll have 35 people show up for a camp, but you can't really help that. You need a large number of people to regularly do events since everyone can not be on 100%.

Is this a problem with people? I'm just curious on other peoples opinions.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

We do all that jazz with only 30 people average in ls

Yeah, it's doable but there aren't any NA/EU/JP combination shells out there with more peoples?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

More people usually isn't a big deal unless they're bringing 36 to a camp to try and claim it, in which case that is usually a sign that they suck and feel like Zerging is the only way to get things done.

A zerg LS isn't defined simply by having large numbers of people. That sometimes is just the mark of a well run LS. When people see an LS that does well and gets results, they wanna join.

A zerg LS is an LS that NEEDS high numbers. And the only reason they ever win is by overwhelming with sheer numbers.

For instance, if an LS takes 30 people to a Fafnir camp to get claim, then proceeds to easily kill, that doesnt necessarily make them zergs. However, if that same LS then has lots of deaths, and is constantly swapping in those people to replace others who died, and still only barely manages to succeed...then they are zergs.

"zergs" is just one of those old stand by insults that a lot of people use to describe a group that obtains results. Don't take it personally.

E. Body
    BG Level

nerf zergs

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

that would involve putting the kings fights in instanced enviroments, but SE wouldn't want that. Not to mention the fact that the SSJ timers are way way way too high.

1 hr for Fafnir ?? that totally caters to zerg ls's.

SE didnt implement the chaos system to make the 3 Kings harder (thought obviously it has had that effect) but to keep them from being held into a strict time period for months upon months and to reduce monopolization.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I prefer zerg rush that than JP LS's who used to warp cudgel Fafnir till it's on their time (like Armada would do on Asura).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

This is true wafik, but Armada were greedy, cocky JP players. When I originally started this game, I respected the JP players because I thought they were honorable, good natured folks. Armada taught me to unlearn that notion in a hurry.I love seeing how their #'s have dwindled over time now that they cannot claim HNM on a regular, daily basis. Strangley, SE's fixes to the HNM "scene" seem to have worked wonders on Asura.

To get on topic, on our server a linkshell named KtD seems to rely on sheer numbers to kill a lot of end game mobs. I would not label them a "ZergLS" however, because they are just learning the ropes...they improve with every big kill they get. They took quite a number of deaths and needed a large # of people to take down Fafnir, but just recently were able to take down Vrtra as well. This gave them respect (in my eyes), because Vrtra is not an "easy" HNM like many consider Fafhogg to be.

I would say many LS fall into the "ZergLS" mentality on their initial HNM kills, but over time as their gear and skill improves they move away from this. I would probably be insulted if someone said that about my LS after we killed an HNM however, because someone is saying "well, you killed xxx mob - but you're really mediocre players since it took you 36 to do it. We're better than you because we do it with 18."

Um...that was long - sorry. Trying to kill last 20 mins at work ^^

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

draxyl, I completely agree with what you're saying. No LS made up of fresh level 75s will EVER walk up to Fafnir and pull out a win like people who've faught Fafnir 10-20 times and have other things under their belt. They don't understand his abilities. His attack speed. Etc. They need to learn this and then they'll have it as named "farm status".

Zerg LS...

Reminds me of an LS to remain named who brought over 30 people to Fafnir, claimed (go figure) and nearly wiped 3-4 full times... They were stuck at 10% for about 10 minutes flat just trying to raise people and heal MP, and they brought it to 5% 2-3 times just to have it regen to 10% (or more, up to 13% at one time... think about how much time that is with Fafnir's regen) They ended up defeating him in, go figure, a zerg manner, when Sleep was finally un-landable and they had BLM's chainnuke to take him out with single digits worth of minutes til HNM Berserk mode... Starting LS's I can see, but some of the LS's that do this stuff try to make themselves out to be the best players in the game, and when you have a sad showing such as this its kinda embarassing.

I've seen LS's claim with 12 people and everyone else in zone D2's immediately, and now I've seen LS's with 30+ people claim and nobody warps til the NM is dead... That's just something else.

E. Body
    BG Level

I think the first time I saw a true zerg attempt was when uchino LS killed KB with 50 people. That really sucked.

keke, reminds me of another LS on our server that did the same thing. Its annoying to see 4-5 meteors go off, watch 20+ people die, think "All right! They'll wipe and we can fight!" only to see them go strong for 40+ minutes because they have so many people to rotate in KB can't do jack. Honestly, when an LS can straight up take Meteors to the face, have LITERALLY dozens of people die at a time, and still have enough to take the NM... something is wrong.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

you guys are all acting like you all l33t fucks when you entered the HNM scene.

Joining a linkshell who has experience in killing kings doesn't automatically brush off the "you're a noob" sign on your head because it only takes 1 person to fuck your linkshell over at fafnir.

There are linkshells out there that have been playing this game for a long time and have kept playing together as a tight family. So what if they have 30+ people at fafnir, to be honest, thats an impressive number of people to show to an event when other people bitch about how they can't get not even 10 people to show up for a simple sky run etc.

boo hoo, cry me a river because you lost claim to someone who you don't think are "worthy" enough to fight a fafnir. You're just pieces of elitist shit who bitch because you're not allowed to lot on a e.body for your level 73 beastmaster.

Makes me sick when I see people bitching like they learned how to do something on their first try without practice.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Well "zerging" is pretty dumb, theres a difference between taking 30-40 people to Fafnir and being well-prepared for MPKing, replacing people that are new and dont know what the fuck to do.....and having 30-40 people dying all over the place struggling at something cause they all dont know what the fuck they're doing.

Zerging: throwing n00bs at it and hoping it dies before your LS does

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    and having 30-40 people dying all over the place struggling at something cause they all dont know what the fuck they're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    boo hoo, cry me a river because you lost claim to someone who you don't think are "worthy" enough to fight a fafnir. You're just pieces of elitist shit who bitch because you're not allowed to lot on a e.body for your level 73 beastmaster.

Makes me sick when I see people bitching like they learned how to do something on their first try without practice.

just use firebats.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I think the first time I saw a true zerg attempt was when uchino LS killed KB with 50 people. That really sucked.
    wtf lol. We never had 50 people in the LS. We'd never fought KB. We barely had 18 people in the alliance at the same time b/c we kicked people when they had to go build TP. We killed it using a ton of melee and like no mages.

50 people? No. Zerg? We were the 1st NAs to kill it. Yes, NAs, not NAs leeching off JPs. Four whole people were JP and the rest NA. So.. of course we were unstable while fighting it but things picked up and started going well.

We listened to Holy. He said we'd kill it, so we did. It was hard. But please, dont say we zerged it with 50 people. We didnt even have 30 people in the LS at that time.

That was a long time ago. /sigh

Edit: /agrees with zigma A year ago, no one knew really how to fight this shit. Not everyone started out with an LS that could just show up to a king and kill it with less than 18 people in 20 minutes. It was all learning experiences.

Nowadays, with all the videos and strats and crap on the internet, an LS shouldnt have to throw 50 people at something until it dies. If they do, they need to rethink their strat.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i agree with this shit about elitism but im not being elitist about my statement, im stating that if you arent ready to kill something then you shouldnt waste the man hours camping it until you know the strategy for it.

the first time i fought fafnir i tanked with earth staff, back then my shield skill wasnt high and this was way before the shield update, so i'd be blocking way less frequently than i am now, i also didnt use that much +enmity gear....but i thought my gear was good for 68-69. i had a hell of a hard time even staying alive, in the end it wasnt worth it since i didnt know what i was doing.

just make sure your LS is ready to kill shit, tell people the strategy, and pray to god you dont have any idiots in your alliance.

my LS has done Dynamis - Beaucedine around 12-13 times, we've always gone for the win...and we've won a grand total of 3-4 times. every fucking time we get to angra someone always fucks it up, even after we win after 3-4 losses, someone else comes in and doesnt listen, then wipes the whole god damn alliance cause they say "im resting" during the pull. are we n00bs? no, but we have certain people who completely screw us over because they dont listen properly.

plain and simple, im not mad at people who fight for the first time, hell im happy for them, that means they'll learn firsthand experience what to do and what not to do....but it isnt like its the first time anyone has EVER fought it, there's always someone else who has fought it before you, and it should be your duty to look up what you need to in order to devise a strategy, not just rush in with 50 people blindly not knowing what the fuck to do.

and in the instance that it IS the first time something has ever been fought, yeah zerging is basically used for a learning experience, i doubt the first people who attempted Vrtra used 35-40 people.

in the end, i'll say this: numbers do not matter as long as they all know what they're doing