+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swapping .dat files     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Swapping .dat files

I spent the last hour looking at the BG/KI/Alla forums for a post that I think said "Tarutaru for a day". Anyways it was a post on someone making everyone in Dynamis a tarutaru so they can see what the hell is going on and was wondering if anyone could link me to that post or tell me which .dat files to switch so i can change to a tarutaru/hume/mithra/galka(maybe not) and switch back along wich changing everyone else.

Thanks for your time

(i did search the forum and still couldnt find anything i think its a link inside a post thats completely unrelated andthats where i saw it >.> could take days to find ;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Don't do it. It totally fucks up your Ftable and Vtable files and your game starts going insane

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

huh?

i think your misinformed people swap their moogle all the time and have no problems

All i want to do is change my character modle to that of a hume (or any other race) VISUALLY and it would only affect me i would just see a hume and all my stats ect would still be the same

well any ideas how to do it? (and if it does fuck up ffxi like you say OH DAMN time to reinstall big whoopie who cares)

http://www.livejournal.com/users/teffie/24336.html

It is the race converter. I tried it and couldn't get it to work so I just gave up. If you are having trouble getting it to work search here for race changer or race converter, tons of threads on it. With it screwing things up I guess some people say that it crashes the game when certain things happen.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

still confused

okay thanks for the help in finding the files i just need a little more help and ill be pimping as a taru^^

anyways this person on the live journal said this

I'll give everyone clear instructions on this.

1. Download the Program and extract the .zip.
    2. Take all of the four files from the folder and put them into the C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\Sqaure Enix\Final Fantasy XI\ folder.

3. Make your registry file and save it in the same folder then run it.

Then it should work =)
    I am a dumbass when it comes to computers so i have no fucking clue what s/he means in number 3 i mean i got the rest of it other then this Registry stuff

can someone help me out and explain this... like RIGHT CLICK > REGISTRY or something (i believe its that easy)

and for people who wanna try this just make a folder to back up your F&Vtables so nothing gets screwed up^^

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

o ok

yep okay i figured it out now here is how to do it

Start > Run > regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software

Right-click on Software, New > Key, name it PlayOnline
    Right-click PlayOnline, New > Key, name it InstallFolder
    Right-click InstallFolder, New > String value, name it 1000
    Right-click 1000, Modify, paste in C:\\Program Files\\PlayOnline\\SquareEnix\\PlayOnlineViewer
    type regedit in the box after going to run thats what i did wrong ><

For a excellent tutorial on using Raceconverter, i highly recomend
    http://shadowslair.shadow-ffxi.com/raceconv.html

he walks you through editing the registry and using the program

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag