Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Smithing... weird question. but oh wellz

I think some one had asked this question before. What u actually do with the wootz ingot and relic steels. All i know it's used for upgrade relic weapons, but the amount u need it probably only 1 or 2 for the entire upgrade process >.> . but there is this japanese dude on bahamut, himself is max smithing too i think, keep buying the stacked wootz ingot for 500k per stack. From what I c on AH he bought near 10 stacks which sum up to be 4m+. He also bought a few stack of relic steel also :/ just wondering if anyone know what he actually gonna do with these many useless materials ... yea 100 smithing can get u rich, but not to the point that spend 4m for nothing but talking up inventory space

p.s for the max smithing ppl out there. 91-100. are there some fast respie to do >.> making SAM JSE feet are still profit on bahamut even NQ, but the time to sell and material gathering takes a load of time

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's a good question and I have no idea on why he bought them out around October. I've been hanging on to mine just in case the game ever introduces new recipes that involve such relic synthesis items.

My guess is maybe he is buying them out expecting the same thing.

Re: Smithing... weird question. but oh wellz

Quote Originally Posted by Matzu
    p.s for the max smithing ppl out there. 91-100. are there some fast respie to do >.> making SAM JSE feet are still profit on bahamut even NQ, but the time to sell and material gathering takes a load of time
    What's a "respie?" No, there is not a fast way. Just keep at it.

Wootz Ingot and Relic iron = NPC ftw.

Im 95 smithing now. Everything is a loss. even the Hachiman sam shit. Adaman gears is a huge loss. 100k per synth at least. At the current time, Wootz and Relic is the best "fast" way of skill up. I just camp the AH like the rest of the high lvl smithers.

If u have alot of money to burn (20M +) Go ahead and buy all the adaman and synths the shit outta adaman legs feet n heads. then wait a few months to sell them all haha^^

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Wait....

You are saying this level 100 blacksmith went and bought all the wootz ingots? Stacks and stacks of the finished product?

Hmmz... I have a theory.

me to does it have to do w/ NPC gobbies? lololololol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sefier
    me to does it have to do w/ NPC gobbies? lololololol
    It does!!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

i wish it does 2 lol. i tried all 4 gobbie npc at beastman camp when i saw that dude boght all the ingots lol

Good thing I have about 5 stacks of that shit saved on my mules from skilling up

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think I know what you're thinkin about regarding the gob (trade dynamis drops to gob for currency)...but I dont think that's the case :\

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

yea it doesnt work X(
    gayz 2 stack of ingot now lol what to do what to do

NPC them

Save them on mule lol. NPCing is stupid, you get like 100k for a few stacks of that shit. Never know what they might do in the future.

Pff Holding out for SE to make some "new use" for an item lolz

They have better things to do! Plus it is used for relic.... right?^^ So they wouldnt come up with a 2nd use

With the new expansion, I'd say there's a decent chance new recipes will be released, thus inflation... Look at Dragon Talons, they were worth poopy before Weskit recipe came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Parshath
    With the new expansion, I'd say there's a decent chance new recipes will be released, thus inflation... Look at Dragon Talons, they were worth poopy before Weskit recipe came out.
    Plus SE said that the new expansion is more focused to low levels which means new recipes not just in the 89-100 range. I am looking forward to maybe another round of lvl 30 gear that can be HQ'd often (shade, kamp, noct)