+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jailer and AV traits.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas
    It's a nice idea, but 1) those eldieme weapons don't correspond to the Sea virtues
    Actually they do correspond to the Virtues.

taken from:
    http://deadlysins.com/

The Seven Heavenly Virtues:
    faith, hope, charity, fortitude, justice, temperance, prudence

The Heavenly Virtues combine the four Cardinal Virtues: prudence, temperance, fortitude -- or courage, and justice, with a variation of the theological virtues: faith, hope, and charity. I'm still researching the origins and popular usage of this formulation.

The Seven Deadly Sins:

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

and 2) if there was some trick to defeating Sea NMs, it would most likely be found in Sea.
    Who said Square would make things easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafbacca
    The Seven Deadly Sins:

Pride, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Anger, Greed, Sloth
    Just to post without contributing anything, lol, typical... the history of Vana'diel has all the races coming from one race by being infected with parts of the crystal thingies or something... Anyway... Elvaan are Pride, Mithra are Envy, Galka are Anger, and I forget the last two but think Tarutaru are Sloth and Hume are Greed.

Anyway, I think if theres any trick it's going to be day/element related. Everything in sea is element related, and I think both the weaknesses and drop rates are linked to that as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How about the weapons from Eldieme? Some of those are the opposite of Sea drops

Eldieme weapons - Sea Weapons
    Wrath Tabar - Temperance Axe or - Fortitude Axe
    Sloth Wand - Love Halberd
    Pride Staff - Hope Staff
    Lust Dagger - ?
    Greed Scimitar - ?
    Gluttony Sword - Justice Sword
    Envy Spear - Love Halberd
    ? - Faith Baghnakhs

Beat him up with crappy weapons?
    Seven Deadly Sins: Lust, Gluttony, Envy, Sloth, Greed, Wrath, and Pride. (Thank you, Full Metal Alchemist.)

Seven Heavenly Virtues: Temperance, Fortitude, Love (Charity), Hope, Justice, Faith, and Prudence.

Lust <=> Hope
    Gluttony <=> Fortitude
    Envy <=> Temperance
    Sloth <=> Prudence
    Greed <=> Love (Charity)
    Wrath <=> Justice
    Pride <=> Faith

I think that is how the sins and virtues match up. Not sure how the stats on the weapon link though.

Lust and Hope are both AGI
    Gluttony and Fortitude are both VIT
    Envy and Temperance are both CHR
    Sloth and Prudence are both INT
    Greed and Love are both DEX
    Wrath and Justice are both STR
    Pride and Faith are both MND

Draw any conclusions you want, but sins weapons and virtue weapons match stats.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    The Seven Deadly Sins:

Pride, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Anger, Greed, Sloth
    Just to post without contributing anything, lol, typical... the history of Vana'diel has all the races coming from one race by being infected with parts of the crystal thingies or something... Anyway... Elvaan are Pride, Mithra are Envy, Galka are Anger, and I forget the last two but think Tarutaru are Sloth and Hume are Greed.
    Tarus are cowardace and Humes are apathy.

If you want to translate them to deadly sins, Gluttony for Tarus and Sloth for Humes.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Lust and Hope are both AGI
    Gluttony and Fortitude are both VIT
    Envy and Temperance are both CHR
    Sloth and Prudence are both INT
    Greed and Love are both DEX
    Wrath and Justice are both STR
    Pride and Faith are both MND

Draw any conclusions you want, but sins weapons and virtue weapons match stats.
    Lust and Hope = AGI = Wind
    Gluttony and Fortitude = VIT = Earth
    Envy and Temperance = CHR = ???
    Sloth and Prudence = INT = Ice (Tarutaru?)
    Greed and Love = DEX = Thunder
    Wrath and Justice = STR = Fire (Galka?)
    Pride and Faith = MND = Water (Elvaan?)

Mithra (Envy), Hume (Apathy), Tarutaru (Cowardice), Elvaan (Arrogance), Galka (Anger)

goddamn you guys are devoting way too much time and thought to this...

do you honestly for a second think that the eldieme weapons are the key to sea?

Black Belt
    BG Level

it's better for them to devote time to this thread than for them to devote time to actually farming the pop items.

this takes much less time to find out you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Not true. I think theres a simple rule you need to follow. "If I'm walking on water and the sky is pastel, I'm doing something wrong."

Just say NO to sea.

Not true. I think theres a simple rule you need to follow. "If I'm walking on water and the sky is pastel, I'm doing something wrong."

Just say NO to sea, unless you're a blm that wants to make decent xp and get some cool, if inventory clogging obis
    fixed

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro

Just say NO to sea, unless you're 80 blms that want to make decent xp, get some cool, if inventory clogging obis, and kill JoL
    fixed
    more fixed

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

goddamn you guys are devoting way too much time and thought to this...

do you honestly for a second think that the eldieme weapons are the key to sea?
    Probably not, but don't you need to spawn all the Skulls with Flint Stones to get a Gluttoney sword? I don't know I guess I'm not Uber.

Besides I was just responding to your post, First you say think about it logically then complain that were devoting to much time and thought into it...

People keep trying too hard to find uses for the Virtue weapons, and coming up with theorized connections to the jailers. It just doesn't work that way.

Think about sky...you get weapons from a lot of the gods. Take Byakko's Axe for example. Does it give any special advantage when fighting another god? No, it does not. It's simply a weapon named after the NM that dropped it. This is the case with a lot of drops in FFXI.

Hell...think about it logically. Each of the virtue weapons represent different "virtues". You don't use a virtue to beat another. Justice doesn't "Defeat" Fortitude. They're just unrelated virtues is all. If there was some intricate weak to/strong to relationship among these jailers and the weapons, then the jailers would have been named after vices....something to indicate a positive/negative relationship.

Most of the jailers are very easy once you figure out the trick to beating them. Hell...most of the monsters in this game are. Sad as it makes me, I don't think Jailer of Love or Absolute Virtue are any different. They just require a strategy which depends on a lot of people. I'd love to think that there is some magical trick we are missing that will somehow weaken Absolute Virtue...but based on the evidence (.dat files, etc) I just don't think there is. SE simply put in a really hard monster that's almost impossible to defeat, to serve as a major challenge. Most of the shit in this game is easy anyway.
    OK there it is, thought about it logically and pointed something out. I'm not looking for a cookie.

it's better for them to devote time to this thread than for them to devote time to actually farming the pop items.

[sarcasm]I'm sorry we're all not as 1337 as you. I guess I'll quit my job and camp shit 24X7, move to my parents basement and give up bathing. Next time I'll just post up that the real secret to beating it is to shove Ginger Cookies up it's ass while wearig a Fortitude Torque (to be able to bear the Stench. Unless, it being AV only shits daisies and farts pink puffs, therefore go unequipped and carry a spoon)[/sarcasm]

Seriously if responding to a post cannot in anyway be constructive, I'll just go troll on Alla.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm sorry we're all not as 1337 as you. I guess I'll quit my job and camp shit 24X7, move to my parents basement and give up bathing. Next time I'll just post up that the real secret to beating it is to shove Ginger Cookies up it's ass while wearig a Fortitude Torque (to be able to bear the Stench. Unless, it being AV only shits daisies and farts pink puffs, therefore go unequipped and carry a spoon)

Seriously if responding to a post cannot in anyway be constructive, I'll just go troll on Alla.
    Ummm... You can't troll your own linkshell's forums...

wow where the fuck did that come from? something tells me you got some kinda stick shoved up some place far away from the sun.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Gee, I guess sarcasm is hard to convey with just words...

sowwy

:wink:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

sowwy

[sarcasm]God, what kind of noob hasn't heard of the sarcasm tags?[/sarcasm]

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

sowwy

[sarcasm]God, what kind of noob hasn't heard of the sarcasm tags?[/sarcasm]
    Shit I forgot!! let me fix..

That wasn't sarcasm, that was one angry/insulting post...[/quote]

I want to hear from someone who has tried the weapons from Eldieme Necropolis on jailers in sea. It couldn't hurt to try.

Maybe by trading the weapons to the ebony panels you can construct a super weapon that will... uh. Turn you into a black mage?

take it ppl are just gonna ignore that :

1. regular weapons do normal HNM type damage on them, therefor all these jailer weapon/sin weapon speculation doesnt matter. And unless you do 800 a hit or something, its not gonna make a difference anyway. Shit, even if you could do massive damage, your gonna die since tanks wont have hate
    2. Job traits (aka, auto-regen, resist stun, fast cast etc) cant be removed from mobs.

Look Jailer of Love IS KILLABLE. We just dont like HOW. Thats squares fault. Absolute Virtue in its current form looks unkillable due to instant cast meteor. its that simple. Theres no complex equation to it. This is a developmental disaster