BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

that screenshot is ofn

Re: Do we believe it? (TH)

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek
    http://img70.exs.cx/img70/1391/GM02.jpg

found it somewhere... do we believe it?
    GMs don't have access to the source code. They're usually some underpaid teenager who is doing this as a job and probably doesn't even play the game. I think they're not even allowed to answer questions like that.

From what I've seen it really does seem to matter that the thief gets the kill. I haven't really tested it but from killing mobs with a high drop % with and without a thief getting the kill, TH seems to be a mulitplier, if a mob has a 50% chance of dropping something with TH it would be something more like 75%, which means with low drop mobs 5%-> 7.5% with TH, which is why it's usually unnoticeable.

TH sucks.
    Only gil sellers get drops.

It does seem like that...doesn't it?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

TH sucks, never has worked in my experience, just u and ur luck

just as an example... i've killed novv the whitehearted with a party of friends including a thief and have not gotten any siren's hairs. when i duo'd with a warrior friend, 2 dropped our first kill, and then 1 dropped when we got him on the repop. so i'd have to agree and say that's it's all luck :x TH3 didn't really help all that much XD

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It worked for me last night, Me and two other buddies (THF was Dual Boxed) were in Beadeaux getting a BLM Test, we got 3 Water IV's and a Waterga III. This was before the test dropped, then we got 2 coffer keys back to back, no full moon or new moon, I am guessing TH2 and a Millonare's Desk in the PT helped alot.

While the specifics of when/how TH is applied are unknown, there's a lot of things we can believe are true based on experience.

1. When a monster is killed, The server checks the monsters loot table and rolls to see what items drop. For each item, every member of the alliance that killed the mob gets to roll. As soon as a roll passes, the item drops and the server then repeats the process until it has determined what items drop.

2. The number of rolls you get (or the weighting on your roll, same thing) is affected by:
    a. Rare Item status (if you already have a Rare item, you cannot make another one drop)
    b. TH Bonus. TH Bonus may only apply to the THF, or it may apply to every member of the party with a THF. regardless, at the very least players who have the TH job ability will have a higher chance of making items drop.

3. Eligibility to roll for items is believed to be determined by whether you have claim on the mob or not. No real extensive testing has been done on this, but as long as you are only fighting 1 monster at a time it's not an issue. Obviously this also means that an AFK THF at the zone line won't do anything for your drop rates. Players need to participate in combat in order to roll on item drops.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

0/10 on RSE sachet thingy with TH4 and TH2 in pt.. Yeah I'd have to see TH is just fake. >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Do we believe it? (TH)

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek
    http://img70.exs.cx/img70/1391/GM02.jpg

found it somewhere... do we believe it?
    I don't believe it because Treasure Hunter does not exist.

Faranim summed it up pretty well. it's there and I am sure it's not last hit. I think it's because I have been told it's not... maybe that's why.

Anyways just because it's there doesn't mean you'll notice it every time. Random drops won't become guarenteed instantly after inviting thief. I wish they showed absolute details to us so that we'd know for sure but until then I';l still always prefer having a thief in a party than not if I am looking for something specific to drop.

There have been "item" parses showing that TH does increase drops.

However even if you have a super TH that makes an item drop 99% of the time, you could still be very unlucky and roll in that 1%-no-drop section for 10 kills straight.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim

2. The number of rolls you get (or the weighting on your roll, same thing) is affected by:
    a. Rare Item status (if you already have a Rare item, you cannot make another one drop)
    I'm curious how this works. Once I was running thru Ronfaure from KRT to San d'Oria and killed an NM that drops a staff with +4 HP while healing, then 1 day after I saw it again and it dropped and I still have my staff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was anyone in the party with you (regardless of where they were in the zone)?

was it RARE though Lasitha so that it would instantly have to say "You do not meet the requirements for this item" or whatever it says to make it poof. I have never seen a rare drop go into the loot pool again if I was solo and already had one.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've had keys drop, when I already have one in my inv (solo). It would just go "You find a bla bla bla." Next line: "You do not meet the requirements etc".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Odd, I've killed Aquarius before with a party and everyone had the axe already. But he didn't drop it, and there was no "You do not meet the requirements..." line.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

well axe is not 100% drop is it? At any rate, I was alone, no one in PT but me.

it was this item:

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/6959

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast