Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Aegis Shield     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    it blocks as often as a "small shield", and reduces as much as a "large shield".
    This sounds very reasonable, but are there any "stats" or "proof" I could show people? Even just info about the shield sizes and block rates would be welcome.

I fully understand that there are alternative strategies you can use (pld/nin for one) that can make the shield useless. However this shield still looks kinda like the horn in that it *may* be "useful" to a linkshell, I'd just like to confirm for sure.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Smartdrv
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    it blocks as often as a "small shield", and reduces as much as a "large shield".
    This sounds very reasonable, but are there any "stats" or "proof" I could show people? Even just info about the shield sizes and block rates would be welcome.

I fully understand that there are alternative strategies you can use (pld/nin for one) that can make the shield useless. However this shield still looks kinda like the horn in that it *may* be "useful" to a linkshell, I'd just like to confirm for sure.
    Ask Feather

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

A relic weapon should do more than 300 dmg on nidhogg.

Its an absolute joke, how SE designed these weapons. Having a relic should put you on par with a BLM in HNM fights, or atleast make the light skillchain do insane damage.

SE as a company sucks, and treats the upper tier end game players like shit, bottom line.
    Well, it's pretty obvious that, if we were talking about relic weapons as if SE had any idea of itemization, then either some weapons below relic (ridill / dual wielding) would need to be nerfed, or relic / 2-hand weapons would need a buff.

If relic were actually realistically attainable so that you'd see more than one every six months, having all the debuff abilities would probably make the point of having them much more noticeable, but since it's basically a 6+ month effort of 30-60 people to get, in some cases, a sidegrade weapon, there is no real point to having a rational discussion about relic since it's already a lost cause.

a sidegrade weapon
    Such is everything SE adds to end game

fully upgraded relic weapons should not be rare ex..... bad enough when I hear someone that bothered to get one quit

yes they definitely should be rare ex. hardest thing to get in the game. so the person quit, oh well i guess it just means they have reached the end of their game play by attaining this item

well yeah it should be rare ex but it just sucks how much it goes to waste...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

i read on a forum that after shield bash , during that stun period , the amount of dmg u dealt will be added to mana too .

but i am not sure how long the stun is >_<

Quote Originally Posted by angelkitty
    fully upgraded relic weapons should not be rare ex..... bad enough when I hear someone that bothered to get one quit
    I can already imagine the drama that would occur if relic weapons weren't r/ex.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Hey buddy, can I borrow your Excalibur so I can skill up sword?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

think of how popular hacking characters would become!

"yeah i hacked this douche's spharai, but i got bored with it and threw them away"

i read on a forum that after shield bash , during that stun period , the amount of dmg u dealt will be added to mana too .
    Bolded the part where I stopped reading.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by thompkinsthebrian
    yes they definitely should be rare ex. hardest thing to get in the game. so the person quit, oh well i guess it just means they have reached the end of their game play by attaining this item
    Well see, that's what I'm goaling for... if someone manages to throw in $10,000 for my awesome account.

Seeker on Phoenix has Stage 5 shield. 250DMG about average he blocks 50%+ of the time and it nulls a lot more then average shield. Probably 75-90% of the dmg depending on mob.

HORN UPGRADE ONRY

END OF THREAD LOLZ

Sea Torques
    BG Level

highly doubt shield bash converts damage to MP, thats like the "added effect: Petrify" rumor...just completely unbelievable

50% shield blockage really blows imo, with +shield equip on i block about that or more depending on what im fighting, fafnir probably around 40-50%, so i really hope its alot more than 50% block rate. on the other hand, the added stats and damage down from shield blocking is pretty nice.

btw, does anyone know the "???" location for the final upgrade? i've been looking and i still cant find where it is =/

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    highly doubt shield bash converts damage to MP, thats like the "added effect: Petrify" rumor...just completely unbelievable

50% shield blockage really blows imo, with +shield equip on i block about that or more depending on what im fighting, fafnir probably around 40-50%, so i really hope its alot more than 50% block rate. on the other hand, the added stats and damage down from shield blocking is pretty nice.

btw, does anyone know the "???" location for the final upgrade? i've been looking and i still cant find where it is =/
    I've only read 70%~

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

even if it is only 50% (this is the fist time ive heard anyone say its that low of an activation rate) its listed as type 5...type 4 being the biggest of all other shields blocking a whopping 80% dmg but a low activation rate, MAYBE 10% max.

type 6 being 80-90% dmg reduction and activating half the time thats a ridiculous 40-45% overall physical dmg reduction down. you could achieve that dual wielding earth staves but then you still wouldnt have the stats of the shield and being able to access shield bash and sword weaponskills...
    hard to see how that sucks

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

type 6 being 80-90% dmg reduction and activating half the time thats a ridiculous 40-45% overall physical dmg reduction down. you could achieve that dual wielding earth staves but then you still wouldnt have the stats of the shield and being able to access shield bash and sword weaponskills...
    hard to see how that sucks

What are you talking about? you cant dual wield staff :X

rate down.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

For info on shield go to: http://garcons.way-nifty.com/ This is what I've been using as a walkthrough sorta.

I've still got a loooong way to go. ;_;
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ieldStatus.jpg