Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is worse? DRG or RNG?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee life is hard. When you were a RNG pre-nerf you were like a fucking GOD, everyone wanted a RNG, if you couldn't get a RNG you'd get the next best thing - and i'll tell you, many MNKs weren't that thing. You think being a MNK is easy? I'll tell you when MNK get's easy; at 75, wanna guess when RNG was easy prenerf? lvl 10. I mention pre-nerf a lot cause that's when I lvled my MNK to 75

Have you tried suggesting another viable SC to a random NA PT that didn't include distortion? I got kicked for not being able to make distortion, I've been kicked for a RNG mid-PT in Gustav cause a RNG came online and the leader invited them without telling anyone. I hate RNGs for that reason, only AFTER 60, when I could make the legendary "Distortion" did I get a chance to prove what a great DD MNK was.

even after 60 life as a MNK, hell, as a melee is hard cause there are a fuckton of melee's around. If you think MNKs need to be nerfed cause we're overpowered after 75 lvls of being under-rated and shafted then screw you ._.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wouldn't want to level with a THF, ever
    fixed, and qft

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Melee life is hard. When you were a RNG pre-nerf you were like a fucking GOD, everyone wanted a RNG, if you couldn't get a RNG you'd get the next best thing - and i'll tell you, many MNKs weren't that thing. You think being a MNK is easy? I'll tell you when MNK get's easy; at 75, wanna guess when RNG was easy prenerf? lvl 10. I mention pre-nerf a lot cause that's when I lvled my MNK to 75

Have you tried suggesting another viable SC to a random NA PT that didn't include distortion? I got kicked for not being able to make distortion, I've been kicked for a RNG mid-PT in Gustav cause a RNG came online and the leader invited them without telling anyone. I hate RNGs for that reason, only AFTER 60, when I could make the legendary "Distortion" did I get a chance to prove what a great DD MNK was.

even after 60 life as a MNK, hell, as a melee is hard cause there are a fuckton of melee's around. If you think MNKs need to be nerfed cause we're overpowered after 75 lvls of being under-rated and shafted then screw you ._.
    i left a party as a ranger because they wanted to do distortion instead of fragmentation on lizards.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Well even though DRK and SAM too do not get viable WSes until level 60, unlike MNK they can still create distortion skill chains with thieves. I wouldn't want to level with a MNK pre-60.
    Level with a well equipped low-mid level monk + bard... They're still powerful DOT machines. I remember mid 50's doing 500+DMG raging fists on crabs with a bard, with 40+ DMG per fist. Had two pre-nerf rangers in the party and they were "WTF....."

That being said, low level monks suck ass without a bard. 40+ suck a little less. 51+ Invite to Join Party.

Back to rangers. I still like them. Wouldn't level it though. :wink:

In L.Medows Drg >>> Rng

It is kinda sad but, rangers can't keep up with dragoons on greater birds. Not sure where they place on sky pts but i know they are both below nin mnk and wars there.

=X

(RandomNAmember) y did u get a mnk for they suck
    (RandomNAmember) mt...
    (Ulmega) -.-...

yeah =( i'm glad people recongize MNK potential now but mnk and rdm 1-75 made me quite bitter about certain things. It was kinda cool lvling with a RNG though, when I forced them to put the sidewinder/slugshot macro away and use heavyshot/arching arrow

=X

(RandomNAmember) mt...
    (Ulmega) -.-...

yeah =( i'm glad people recongize MNK potential now but mnk and rdm 1-75 made me quite bitter about certain things. It was kinda cool lvling with a RNG though, when I forced them to put the sidewinder/slugshot macro away and using heavyshot/arching arrow
    why would you do that?

slug shot > raging fists = IMPACTION FTW

edit: also you dont have to sub thief. mnk/thf makes baby jesus cry.

I dunno if you're serious butttttt

Slug > RF/HF was cool until I got DK. I didn't like doing that SC when me and the RNG could TP at a similar pace, and Arching > DK (+possible MB) could kill a Gob from like 80%, not to mention Slug/Side suck cause they miss too much.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

yeah, I never worried about losing sidewinder to arching arrow simply because the amount of damage we could put away without me having to worry about missing was awesome

however, on easy to hit mobs with 2 rangers, blast shot > sidewinder for frag was secks my ranger static in valley of sorrows could take 60%+ off a raptors life with that, 400 for the blast, 1200 for the side, 600 for the frag, and a nice magic burst if we didnt kill it with the WS
    ahh prenerf I miss joo

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I guess red lotus > Combo for fusion died out, eh

Whatever happened to closing detonation with backhand blow ?? Backhand Blow is a pretty badass ws for its lvl.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

=X

(RandomNAmember) mt...
    (Ulmega) -.-...
    I remember times like that when i leveled warrior before it was the "cool thing to do" and everyone started leveling warrior. I had a few times people mt'ed war sucks why did you get them crap War's level so easily now i remember seeking days for invites because people thought the job sucks

Drg is the new war which used to be the new rng. 8)

What I hate the most about rng in exp pt, is having to run up to mob before unleashing a ws just in case I pull hate or to make sure I don't miss. Then I run back to the sweet spot again. That's several precious seconds of TP gaining opportunity missed.

It's sad when you have to work at keeping up TP with a drk or something.

Xavier

If the change to drg is significant enough I will come back to FFXI and ride the drg bandwagon to 75. This I promise you.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    If the change to drg is significant enough I will come back to FFXI and ride the drg bandwagon to 75. This I promise you.
    I doubt it will be significant enough, HOWEVAR!

a 5 drg 1 bard static would own. penta spam ftw

i wasn't talking about pre-60 and stuff. i meant at 75 with the taru rng. mnk have it way easier at 75. They can have the most haste +% in the game, a shit load of DoT. and 8 fold weapon skill...come on...i think leveling past 60 on monk is well worth it. Getting to 60 on DRK was a bitch, even if you had 2x sniper's, life belt and as much Acc as possible, you still missga. I had the "luxury" of only using mithkabobs, sushi hadn't come out yet. BUT. Rng is only nerfed if you dont know how to cope with it. Some people can make it work, they are the true rangers.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    sigified just so no one forgets...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    yeah, I never worried about losing sidewinder to arching arrow simply because the amount of damage we could put away without me having to worry about missing was awesome

however, on easy to hit mobs with 2 rangers, blast shot > sidewinder for frag was secks my ranger static in valley of sorrows could take 60%+ off a raptors life with that, 400 for the blast, 1200 for the side, 600 for the frag, and a nice magic burst if we didnt kill it with the WS
    ahh prenerf I miss joo
    Why wouldn't you do Sidewinder>Sidewinder Reverberation on Raptors with a nice Water III burst, considering they're weak to water. I would think a 1200+1200+600-1200+MB would be the way to go.

Xavier

I have...ALWAYS wanted to play dragoon...I just love how they look in their af, I love jump. I didn't love when my wyvern died and I had to wait like 1hr30min to resummon him, and I didn't like having no real 2hr.

Penta thrust in utterly pimp melee gear would be good enough lvling up. I really wanna lvl the job and play it smartly after the changes. Looking forward to it.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll set with you Xavier. :O

E. Body
    BG Level

If the changes are significant, I'll finish drg from 60 to 75. Barone corazza looks pimp on mithras.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast