BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is worse? DRG or RNG?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    A DRG with good gear could probably do 100-130 a hit +30 damage the wyvern does. I doubt they'll do great WS and those numbers are from what I remember a DRG doing when I PT'd with one a while back.
    DRG can easily do consistent 1k+ dmg Impulse Drives on D. weapons with a bard in the party and use of Martial Lance.

Xavier

I think the big point, which only a few people have mentioned, is that RNG STILL COSTS MONEY but now they only do as much dmg as normal jobs. Why pay money to be average when you can engage and afk and do as much, if not more dmg on certain jobs?

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    A extreme select few non-noob, non-DEXring wearing, non SAM-subbing, non-AF wearing, non-moronic DRG can easily do consistent 1k+ dmg Impulse Drives on D. weapons with a bard in the party and use of Martial Lance.
    i had to correct myself

A extreme select few non-noob, non-DEXring wearing, non SAM-subbing, non-AF wearing, non-moronic DRG can easily do consistent 1k+ dmg Impulse Drives on D. weapons with a bard in the party and use of Martial Lance.
    i had to correct myself
    This is true, but it also goes for all melees. It's quite sad how all melees can fit into that catagory and usually do >.< lvling with a MNK/THF (who isn't even 50) eating sushi and using DEX rings is PAINFUL when he used 100 fists IT WAS LIKE HITTING SOMETHING WITH INVINCIBLE ON, the amount of 0's in my log was staggering XD

i had to correct myself
    I was partying with a drg once and he had /sam sub on for kicks. He opened the SC with Impulse Drive I think, I Slug Shoted and he closed with Wheeling Thrust for Light. I was impressed. 8)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

He'd have to have jump ready as well, seeing as sam sub is nerfed to 60tp meditate...

My friend has triton lance, which puts up decent penta numbers in a WS spam pt. it's not war/mnk/nin DoT but no 2hand weapon really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Briste
    I know we had a BRD but any way you slice it he showed me that RNG is not nerf in xp.
    Maybe not in merit parties, but I'd like to see rangers do as well against 200+ base exp mobs as they used to. Even fighting 300 base exp mobs, rangers used to do a set amount of damage(approximately base + arrow), because that was the damage floor. Part of the nerf was that your damage and accuracy are dependent on mob level, hence why rangers are weaker on various HNM now.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    On Deco weapons, RNG/nin using sushi does not outdamage a war, I've partied with rng/nin with everything and it's simply not the case. And as I've stated before, I'm not exactly proud of my war gear(no multi-sword, no cursed). with a bard in the party I don't hit below 100 per axe ever, even with berserk down, my WS aren't that high, but hellfire has 600 delay so yeah.

I'm not saying RNG are bad, they just can't play the job like pre-patch rangers did, going all acc on rng now will get you outdamaged.
    Ranger damage is slightly lower against D Weapons than what it was pre-patch. The change barely effected merit parties aside from Barrage being nerfed.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

We had a RNG/WAR show up to a Fafnir camp once right after the nerf, and his damage was really good expecially considering he had to stand at point blank range. IIRC it was around ~9k, which is around what the BLMs do aswell. The thing is, he was really suicidal. He was spamming Slugshot instead of being in a skillchain, keeping Berserk up 24/7. He would even use Warcry before Slugshot everytime it was up, and would still keep shooting even if they pulled hate.

So plain and simple: Want to still do damage? Don't be a pussy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nny
    So plain and simple: Want to still do damage? Don't be a pussy.
    translation:start subbing war bitches

Xavier

We had a RNG/WAR show up to a Fafnir camp once right after the nerf, and his damage was really good expecially considering he had to stand at point blank range. IIRC it was around ~9k, which is around what the BLMs do aswell. The thing is, he was really suicidal. He was spamming Slugshot instead of being in a skillchain, keeping Berserk up 24/7. He would even use Warcry before Slugshot everytime it was up, and would still keep shooting even if they pulled hate
    A suicidal RNG at Fafnir is a hurricane wing RNG for the rest of the LS. I hate when melees don't know their place on mobs that can be more effectively killed without them.

But still, I think the point should be that even if he STILL was able to match other jobs dmg..they do it for free. RNG was never that overpowered because they paid for their dmg, it only made sense it'd do a bit more. Paying to be the same as other jobs just lost its appeal to me.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    We had a RNG/WAR show up to a Fafnir camp once right after the nerf, and his damage was really good expecially considering he had to stand at point blank range. IIRC it was around ~9k, which is around what the BLMs do aswell. The thing is, he was really suicidal. He was spamming Slugshot instead of being in a skillchain, keeping Berserk up 24/7. He would even use Warcry before Slugshot everytime it was up, and would still keep shooting even if they pulled hate
    A suicidal RNG at Fafnir is a hurricane wing RNG for the rest of the LS. I hate when melees don't know their place on mobs that can be more effectively killed without them..
    I don't think you would say that if you didn't have a paladin. If you were SAM, you'd try your hardest to get into the alliance and thats what other melees who don't have more viable alternatives do.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    A suicidal RNG at Fafnir is a hurricane wing RNG for the rest of the LS. I hate when melees don't know their place on mobs that can be more effectively killed without them..
    I don't think you would say that if you didn't have a paladin. If you were SAM, you'd try your hardest to get into the alliance and thats what other melees who don't have more viable alternatives do.
    i honestly can't tell a difference between wing spam with 2 gaxe wars vs wing spam with 6 melee.

Night before last fafnir did 4 wings in a row, only one melee was attacking it.

Sometimes it likes to use hurricane wing, sometimes it doesn't.

LazyShell
    BG Level

its not the ammount of wings used, its the melee doing dmg to mages curing ratio

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I'm with Chilli. I've killed him with 18 people (a.k.a several melees) and saw hardly any wings. I've killed him with 12 people, and we got winged hard.

I agree on both accounts (BLM is more efficent [More because of the fact that they can keep theirself alive instead of needing a mage aswell as being able to do Elemental Seal+Sleep in a bind]), RNG should be better considering the cost), and not argueing those points.

Not everyone has 12 BLMs at their disposal though, and adding a good RNG to a 17 man alliance is going to make the alliance better, not worse. And as for the cost, people should play a job because they find it fun.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or you can take PLD/DRG to tank Fafnir... PLD/NIN was so last night.

Some how this PLD got claim, but because he didn't tell anyone he had DRG SJ, he was uhh.. hastily removed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Mmm...I fight fafnir/nidhogg all the time on my ranger. Yes I go as RNG/WAR, but that's mainly because I don't have a /whm sub (its being leveled currently though, so eventually I will have it so I can take care of myself). My LS likes to put me in to make skillchains because aside from our SAM(s), I tend to get TP the fastest. All I really do is TP up to 100-150ish, then disengage and wait for SC. No point in feeding fafnir more TP. The damage isn't too bad either. RNG/WAR using sushi, full acc gear, standing right on his paw, and no bard, my slugs (with hellfire) are hitting around 500-550ish with zerk and warcry, around 350-400ish with no buffs at all.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Just hit a 1.5k slug on a dynamis beau(tab) goblin as a rng/war w/o brd

As things stand RNG>DRG still, however the update may change things

imo ^_^

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You would have been breaking 3k before the nerf.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Erza
    To a bird mob, Impulse Drive is impressive to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast