Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Who is worse? DRG or RNG?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

i dont remember lol that was so long ago and i NQ"d my rng after the nerf. I did have pretty much every posisble item for my Rng when i was Rng main though

I think that was the celebration of you getting a culverin+1?

culverin wasnt out pre-rng patch,i think

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was wondering how a 9 page thread could pop up all of a sudden after not having refreshed for 30mins. Necrobumps ftw!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sefier
    culverin wasnt out pre-rng patch,i think
    Pretty sure it was.

isnt main use for culverin the drop off of KV,i think only main endgame gun pre-rng nerf was hellfire,not even sure if culverin is picked over hellfire now

Quote Originally Posted by Kkb
    Quote Originally Posted by threevo
    i dont know about pre-patch RNG shot for shot on Kirin, but with BRD doing 100~ with is decent DoT, but it suffers when your Slug doesnt break 800 no matter what you do ; ; (/war serk ect) Its silly when u see Pics of Pre-Nerf doing 1600slug 1400 barrage 1500slug 1300 EES all in a row (Kkb ftw) and now its just shit.
    Huzzah!

Here we have the culprit.

Culverin was certainly out before King Vinegarroon was introduced. It's been around since I hit 75 ranger (2 years ago maybe? something like that). Of course, I didn't take advantage of our ridiculous accuracy way back in the day ;;

The one thing I can confidently say ranger still excels at is Dynamis Lord.
    http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/2707/dldamage3yx.png
    That's post-patch rng/war, with Hellfire, and a decent balance of r.acc/r.att. Food and Soul Voice 2x Minuet as well of course. Checking that parse posted awhile ago with the kraken-drk and the monk each doing around 6000 damage over the course of the fight, assuming that Dynamis Lord didn't die before their 2hrs ran out, ranger is certainly well up there if played right.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Sefier
    isnt main use for culverin the drop off of KV,i think only main endgame gun pre-rng nerf was hellfire,not even sure if culverin is picked over hellfire now
    the bullet that KV drops is I think, but there was already a bullet that culverin could use that was really powerful before KV came out. Hellfire+1 was just overall more useful, and Othinus Bow was more practical/marks owns w/ status bolts.

I really miss the old ranger.

If RNGs were still in their prime I wouldn't be having as much fun on MNK. Funny how people only realize how strong a not-so-obvious job is (MNK and WAR) when the obvious one (RNG) got nerfed to hell. I would feel more upset for RNGs if they didn't have their heads and everyone elses so far up their asses that they couldn't see a strong person other than themselves. =\

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Did anyone ever do a roaming party in Lufaise Meadows with 4x Rangers before nerf? I've done a bunch there lately as Bard with 4x Thieves and they kill so fast that I can't even begin to imagine what it was like with double the damage and half the TP gain.

Didn't they adjust mob levels there after the nerf?

We all know that 'paying for damage' was bullshit, because other melees didn't have that option. I'm sure DRKs or something woulda jumped at the chance to 'pay for damage', but just didn't want to play RNG.

Anyway RNGs now 'pay for convenience'. Being able to attack things that are kited, that have dangerous AoE, etc is still something that only BLMs and RNGs (and SMNs with Diabolos I guess) can do effectively. So in xp does it suck that RNGs pay to just be top-of-the-line in certain situations where other jobs don't have to? Sure. But then is it sweet when you can participate in shit where all the other melees are running around in circles chasing a mob (on the rare occassions when they're in the alliance)? You betcha.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

LOL drg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...imus/Hello.jpg

Hay guyz!! Bumpng thredas thet r old maks u cool!!!!!!! LOLZ!!!!!11!1!!11one!1

Complaining about bumped threads in funny internet talk makes you cool too.

not bashing DRG but...
    At HNM prolly every single melee job pwns DRG.
    Their WS ain't good AT ALL vs any HNM I've fought with a DRG on alliance.

but DRG good at Ballista n soloing, well that's what i've heard.

But DRG af is so pretty and it's AF2 is pretty+easy to get!

My 61 DRG is only missing boots and helm 8)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chambers
    Complaining about bumped threads in funny internet talk makes you cool too.
    But complaining about people complaining about worthless bumped threads makes you the coolest!

Seriously, shit like this necrobumping is making this forum go to Hell in a hand basket.