Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is worse? DRG or RNG?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level

Who is worse? DRG or RNG?

Personally, I'm leaning towards RNG. They can't skill chain for shit in a regular PT setup, they can't solo anything other than a worm anymore, they're no longer used in endgame LSes and with the next patch that is going to fix DRG's 2hr and abilities I'm going to make a bold statement and say that RNG will be the least desirable job in the game. Let the flames commence.

I'm gonna have to agree. :O I never liked their fgt girl scout AF either.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

RNG/WAR ftw!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd have to say... it depends on the new 2hr. It has the potential to be pretty pimp (multiple add effects (bind/silence/stun) on jumps, or really pimp stuff like serket poison or plauge). Or it could just frost or do something crappy. XD

But yeah rng is starting to suck. I'm kinda iffy right now though.. all drg needs now is a WS damage boost then I'd definatly have to agree with you.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i agree because most players are sheep.

they are not as bad as people will try to make them sound but RNGs now pay way too much to be average.

so even if they are not as bad, having to pay for it is stupid when swinging any other weapon is free.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

THey should just fuse the two together and make...

RANGOON

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    i agree because most players are sheep.

they are not as bad as people will try to make them sound but RNGs now pay way too much to be average.

so even if they are not as bad, having to pay for it is stupid when swinging any other weapon is free.
    Not really much more I can add to this. The sooner Rangers learn they can no longer deal the highest damage in the game without consequence the sooner they can start building their credibility again.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    RNG/WAR ftw!
    Indeed - Pussy Ranger still hide behind shadows and call their Job gimp

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    RNG/WAR ftw!
    Indeed - Pussy Ranger still hide behind shadows and call their Job gimp
    Subjob doesn't matter when your job is held back by the distance between you and the mob.

drg don't get acid bolts.

i'd invite a ranger instead of a 4th warrior to a merit pt(for the acid bolts), i wouldn't invite a dragoon.

Shadowbind ftw

E. Body
    BG Level

warriors can land acid bolts too. So can thieves, and drks. Personally I'd rather invite a drg over rng because:

they can skill chain without any complications

they won't miss their WS as much (if any) as a rng will

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    THey should just fuse the two together and make...

RANGOON
    I went to the Italian deli and bought some rangoon last night.
    lol@me

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I invested a lot of time and money into my ranger, I dont regret any of it, even if my damage is a little lower than before. Ill always do everything I can to be the best for my party, the best WS, eat sushi and rush to ensure WS landing, and spam bolts and arrows from the best weapons that are availible. I trained a lot to be the best ranger I can, I dont regret it at all, nor will I ever.

And while a warrior can land acid bolts, I know Ive fired twice as many to get 1 on a target as I have on my ranger. (71 war/74 rng)

with my warrior's awesome 210base marksmanship skill? first of all I have to give up my bomb core or +5acc boomerang for a crossbow, then i'm gonna stop swinging for 1-5 rounds while i try to land an acid bolt on a deco, then i gotta hope it procs? no thanks. rangers acid bolts proc ALOT more often than a thief, war, or drk. my sidewinder accuracy postpatch while only wearing +20-30racc in gear is about 85% (while eating meat, with sushi its about 95%)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've had a very pimped out DRG in a deco party, and a not so pimped out RNG of two levels lower, and the RNG parsed not much under the DRG. In my opinion Rangers are still very good if they are aware of their abilities and work on their gear and stuff, as is a DRG. It is really a matter of what you need in the party. I <3 DRGs cause they can make both light and dark, with a WAR, and we have 2 DRGs, 2 WARs, and 1 guy who is DRG75 and WAR75 both in my LS, so our skillchains opportunities are nice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Choo choo! Oh boy! Here comes the "RNG r teh suck" express chugging around the corner!

Now it takes some effort for Rangers to do damage and people act like the sky is falling. People can not longer ride arrows and shihei to big numbers any more, Rangers have to be smart if they want to do damage and live at the same time. Though the distance thing may be a bit harsh, that last update didn't hurt Ranger's numbers all that much. (Cue some post "nerf" slug shot numbers...)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I see the RNG 'nerf' just like the supposed nerf of Utsusemi. If you sucked before the nerf, then you sucked even worse after the nerf. But if you were good at the beginning, you're still good afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    I see the RNG 'nerf' just like the supposed nerf of Utsusemi. If you sucked before the nerf, then you sucked even worse after the nerf. But if you were good at the beginning, you're still good afterwards.
    pretty much. the thing with RNG is that even though their damage was reduced they still have things to offer to a HNM LS. on sky gods my RNG outdamages any of the other melee except samurai. widescan makes checking for pop NMs much less of a pain in the ass (checking on zipanca without widescan isn't fun). shadowbind is a 30second(more with af hands) unresistable bind that is basically a "get out of 2hr free" card on gods, letting you fight seiryu and suzaku without having to rely on rdm/drk chainstun or pld invincible. also, sharpshot+unlimited shot wind throwing ftw.

the patch just made it so you only want 1-2 rangers, changing the strategy from "throw more rangers at it" to "throw more black mages at it"

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yeah, I still love RNGs in Sky for reasons like that, that is why we generally wanted more RNGs than any other job. However we have 3 WARs as well as 3 RNGs, so RNGs can piss off as DDs, they're just Shadowbind/Wide Scan bots now^^

Heh, we also have a RNG75 who is main BRD in the LS, and another who is main NIN in the LS. They both had very awesome gear on RNG and since sold it after the nerf. Ha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast