Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is worse? DRG or RNG?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

and so the age of Dragoon returns.....

Xavier

I will ride in the wave of Dragoons w/ my puple suit of pwnage armor.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I have...ALWAYS wanted to play dragoon...I just love how they look in their af, I love jump. I didn't love when my wyvern died and I had to wait like 1hr30min to resummon him, and I didn't like having no real 2hr.

Penta thrust in utterly pimp melee gear would be good enough lvling up. I really wanna lvl the job and play it smartly after the changes. Looking forward to it.
    awesome sarcasm-hiding!

the irony: that was a sarcastic comment

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I have...ALWAYS wanted to play dragoon...I just love how they look in their af, I love jump. I didn't love when my wyvern died and I had to wait like 1hr30min to resummon him, and I didn't like having no real 2hr.

Penta thrust in utterly pimp melee gear would be good enough lvling up. I really wanna lvl the job and play it smartly after the changes. Looking forward to it.
    I guess its true

Xavier is no longer an elitest.

guess its true

Xavier is no longer an elitest.
    WoW has changed him in a way which FFXI never could.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i dont know about pre-patch RNG shot for shot on Kirin, but with BRD doing 100~ with is decent DoT, but it suffers when your Slug doesnt break 800 no matter what you do ; ; (/war serk ect) Its silly when u see Pics of Pre-Nerf doing 1600slug 1400 barrage 1500slug 1300 EES all in a row (Kkb ftw) and now its just shit.

there will come a time when i shall resummon the lord of all wyrms, gogodavi, from the heavens and bring elation to the world of the naysayers.

2000~ slug shots not nice at merits pt?
    any rng can get r.acc+120 easy
    i know a rng got r.acc+151 (with that 20r.acc cape)
    rng need brd and /war + atk food (can acid bolt too) > any other melee
    drg cant even come close and they sux at every hnm lol

HNMS wise outside gods/kirin rng sux >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Squallblade
    i wasn't talking about pre-60 and stuff. i meant at 75 with the taru rng. mnk have it way easier at 75. They can have the most haste +% in the game, a shit load of DoT. and 8 fold weapon skill...come on...i think leveling past 60 on monk is well worth it. Getting to 60 on DRK was a bitch, even if you had 2x sniper's, life belt and as much Acc as possible, you still missga. I had the "luxury" of only using mithkabobs, sushi hadn't come out yet. BUT. Rng is only nerfed if you dont know how to cope with it. Some people can make it work, they are the true rangers.
    Yeah, I forgot how MNKs automatically become the strongest job in the whole game AS SOON as they get to level 75. No. They have to work for it, just like any other job who wants to be as strong as they can be at 75. When my MNK was 75 I was still using AF1 Body, Retsu Legs and that shit, I wasn't gimp, but I wasn't pimp either. A MNK like that isn't outdamaging a lot of people on being a 75 MNK alone, you have to work for that shit.

DRK got shafted - like everyother melee job in the game did. You think only DRKs had trouble getting TP (they did if they sucked), I PT'd with a lot of DRKs on my RDM while lvling that got TP fine, slower pace then a RNG (before craze) but still good enough to get TP every fight.

Leveling any job past 60 is worth it IF YOU LIKE THE JOB. That's the thing with people these days, they lvl shit they don't even like, or if it conforms to the current craze out there.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

rng/drg ftw.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seph
    i know a rng got r.acc+151 (with that 20r.acc cape)
    rng need brd and /war + atk food (can acid bolt too) > any other melee
    I was just talking to my LS about this today, I partied with a rng in a moble sky party the other day, who would have been PIMPED OUT if he was a pre-patch rng, S.Kote, Breezex2, Osode, Hellfire+1, Kreigsbeil etc. but he ate sushi and used a HQ Hawker for the agi instead of a franny. Seriously when you play rng like a pre-patch rng you suck pretty badly, my war gear isn't by anymeans top grade, and you'd have to show me a parcer to convince me he outdamaged me.
    Now I've also partied with a post-patch fire staff rng, using all the new fixins like yellow curry and berserk. The Ranger Nerf was a nerf, the fact they could go all acc and still throw down def ignoring numbers can't be replicated, but when the style is changed to fit the new system, it's not that bad.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol @ breeze x 2

Quote Originally Posted by Reality
    lol @ breeze x 2
    lol im not kiddin but a dumbass rng at my server used to use 2xbreeze and saying they do better ws damage than 2xrupy lol freakin noobs XD flame-rajas ftw and i wish if he use them just for ws.... he use them fulltime -_-

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

You're not gonna break 2000 damage with any more than +20 racc on and you're gonna be eating damage food. You're not gonna hit over 50% of your slug shots when you do that damage. Yes ranger can still do the damage per shot in exp, and still hit the same numbers per shot and per ws, but on top of the melee damage/tp loss is also a severe racc loss.

I have higher accuracy with my daggers (switched to trailers from my woodvilles/franny after the nerf) than I do with my bolts, and that's with Racc+68 and acc-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    that last update didn't hurt Ranger's numbers all that much. (Cue some post "nerf" slug shot numbers...)
    I missed 4 straight slug shots on a lvl 1 worm in ronf from the sweet spot doing some tests right after the nerf, I swear the nerf took accuracy bonus out of the racc equation. If you look at only the damage for slug shots in exp sure you can say that, until you look at the accuracy of them. Or until you look at the time it took to build TP for them, and damage you did while building TP for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Squallblade
    i dunno i was in a D weapon pt a few weeks ago with a taru rng, he was pushin out some sweet dmg: 120+ a shot, 800+ slug shot. not bad in my opinion. in end game though? i dunno they arnt THAT bad. shadowbind is still needed >.>b.
    I used to do 1000+ slugs on D Weapons pre-patch without a bard and with nin sub...

Quote Originally Posted by Stouter
    You're not gonna break 2000 damage with any more than

I missed 4 straight slug shots on a lvl 1 worm in ronf from the sweet spot doing some tests right after the nerf
    i do break 2000 "easy" with right pt setup and gear+food

I missed 3 stright detonator vs lv20 mobs first time i got that ws (after rng nerf" and used it at exp pt lv75 for like 20time stright 0 ws missed
    i cant explain this :/

ranged:hellfire+1
    weapon: trailer dagger
    head: O hat
    neck: 6ratk 5.racc (dont have p.charm <.>) (sea neck 10% r.acc for ws only)
    ears: fenrir/trumph
    rings: behe ring/dragon ring+1
    body: osode
    hands: S.kote
    back : amemit+1
    belt"3str 5atk
    leg: i switch between af2 and dusk+1
    feet: crimson/af (0/8 with rutters >.>

with this setup +brd and /war +acid bolts i do 2000-2500 damage vs birds at luf and 2000~ weapons and 1600-1900 aura statue

each shot 300-400 thats half of the other dd jobs ws damage lol

and YES i dont miss 50% wtf 50% miss if you miss that much just quit rng for god sake every 10 ws i miss once sometimes 2-3 chains and miss none

I did a test vs aura statue as rng/war (atk food)

Slug shot 700~800 with no acid/berserk/minuet
    Slug shot 1100~1200 with berserk
    slug shot 1500~1600 with berserk/minuetx2
    Slug shot 1800-1900 with berserk/minuetx2/acid bolt

As you can see my damage is 700-800 and i have like best rng gear thats sad ;_;
    rng DO need brd+/war to deal same old damage its just much harder to reach your damage cap than before

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I was in a merit/xp Deco PT last weekend with 2 rng's, thf, nin, rdm and brd. All were 75 except 1 RNG who was 72 (it was an ls PT so no one cared). The 75 RNG subbed NIN, used sushi and was doing 200+ r. atk and between 1400-2100 slug/sidewinder and his barrage's were around 1000. Even the 72 RNG was doing 100+ r. atk and 800-1200 slug/sidewider. He used squid for food. The rest of his gear was ridiculous but he put to rest kriegs + fransisca, and O. Bow/E. Bow. I know we had a BRD but any way you slice it he showed me that RNG is not nerf in xp. He fully admitted though he still sucks on Gods. Anyway I can't see a DRG ever putting up those numbers.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    yeah, I never worried about losing sidewinder to arching arrow simply because the amount of damage we could put away without me having to worry about missing was awesome

however, on easy to hit mobs with 2 rangers, blast shot > sidewinder for frag was secks my ranger static in valley of sorrows could take 60%+ off a raptors life with that, 400 for the blast, 1200 for the side, 600 for the frag, and a nice magic burst if we didnt kill it with the WS
    ahh prenerf I miss joo
    Why wouldn't you do Sidewinder>Sidewinder Reverberation on Raptors with a nice Water III burst, considering they're weak to water. I would think a 1200+1200+600-1200+MB would be the way to go.
    other ranger was missing his slug shots litterally 60% of the time, and they were under mine in damage by a decent amount. when we did hit them they were quite strong, but the frag was more consistent based on his accuracy level

note: this is before we discovered sushi, just after the food change, when everyone still used mithkabobs and nobody knew wtf

A DRG with good gear could probably do 100-130 a hit +30 damage the wyvern does. I doubt they'll do great WS and those numbers are from what I remember a DRG doing when I PT'd with one a while back.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Briste
    I was in a merit/xp Deco PT last weekend with 2 rng's, thf, nin, rdm and brd. All were 75 except 1 RNG who was 72 (it was an ls PT so no one cared). The 75 RNG subbed NIN, used sushi and was doing 200+ r. atk and between 1400-2100 slug/sidewinder and his barrage's were around 1000. Even the 72 RNG was doing 100+ r. atk and 800-1200 slug/sidewider. He used squid for food. The rest of his gear was ridiculous but he put to rest kriegs + fransisca, and O. Bow/E. Bow. I know we had a BRD but any way you slice it he showed me that RNG is not nerf in xp. He fully admitted though he still sucks on Gods. Anyway I can't see a DRG ever putting up those numbers.
    On Deco weapons, RNG/nin using sushi does not outdamage a war, I've partied with rng/nin with everything and it's simply not the case. And as I've stated before, I'm not exactly proud of my war gear(no multi-sword, no cursed). with a bard in the party I don't hit below 100 per axe ever, even with berserk down, my WS aren't that high, but hellfire has 600 delay so yeah.

I'm not saying RNG are bad, they just can't play the job like pre-patch rangers did, going all acc on rng now will get you outdamaged.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast