+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prudence Glitches     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Prudence Glitches

Last night, my LS popped Jailer of Prudence for the first time. However, when we did... this happened:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...n/nonamenm.jpg

If you notice, there's no name above his head and thus he was untargettable allowing him to kill many people. The other one did have a name and was targettable. This one did not become targettable until they started randomly warping. Has anyone had this happen to them before?

One of them also disappeared during the fight, and we managed to recover enough to kill the second one. It at least dropped the sixth virtue.

I stayed afterward at the ??? to see if it'd reappear meaning the second one had actually despawned and the ??? did reappear after some time.

Quite a strange experience... the only glitches I had heard about before were where one disappears and can not be found.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

This happened to me in kuftal tunnel, leveling my NPC. I summoned Garuda, and I noticed that under the pet/npc HP bar display, garuda's name wasn't there, just the HP bar. I didn't SS, at the time I didn't think it was something important. The log was basically full of:

The Robber Crab misses .
    takes 23 points of damage.
    uses Predator Claws.
    defeats the Robber Crab.

etc etc

Seeing as Sky was broken (Steam Cleaner anyone? Or Genbu falling his dumb ass off the platform?) for a year...I wouldn't be surprised if Sea was buggy as shit.

BTW, here's a report from Machina's front page about jprudence:
    Finally, Prudence. We knew this one was gonna be tricky, with its double pop. Right after popping it, we quickly lost a WHM, and it took a bit for us to set up properly fighting 2 NMs. Then it started to do its tricks with porting, hate issues, and the way it does TP moves is just nasty. We took the first one down, and was in pretty good shape. We started to just try to tank the second one, when it killed me and then disappeared! The ??? hadn't reappeared so we knew it was somewhere. And thanks to Draxy, we figured it out! The Prudence Rod dropped (for Akinari), but even better, the Sixth Virtue dropped! 1 of 3 pop items for J-Lo.
    (Emphasis mine)

I'm not sure if one of them disappearing is intentional or not...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Although I wasn't there for it, I think that happened to our LS. Someone used an -aga spell on the first one and it showed the 2nd one taking damage so we pulled random mobs and aga'd them to death while hitting the 2nd hidden mob. IIRC, the hidden mob never hit anyone while it was hiding.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

yeah

This happened to our LS a couple weeks ago too. It was untargetable for a good 15 seconds after it popped.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cantide
    Although I wasn't there for it, I think that happened to our LS. Someone used an -aga spell on the first one and it showed the 2nd one taking damage so we pulled random mobs and aga'd them to death while hitting the 2nd hidden mob. IIRC, the hidden mob never hit anyone while it was hiding.
    Hmm, that's interesting. Could you find out more from your other LS members?

In our case it had no name, but was attacking people. In your case, it seems as though it was there, not attacking but completely invisible as well?

If it's true that it turns invisible, I wonder if it came back to the spawn point and was actually next to me while I was waiting for the ??? to reappear lol. Our RNG(s) didn't see the other one on widescan anymore either. Pop monsters must return to their spawn point before disappearing in my experience.

I guess I'll report these glitches on SE's comment thing, though I'm not sure if anything will happen as a result. It really doesn't appear to me that this behavior is intentional.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Off topic, but your gfx look like crap

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    yeah you might want to look into WoW

edited for post after this:Genral joke about wow, recent threads, not related to you Zigma.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    yeah you might want to look into WoW

I don't play World Of Warcraft.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lol... I actually thought the same when I posted the picture. I'm not sure why it looks like that really, because it never seems that bad to me in game. I play on 1024x768 with 512x512 background which isn't all that great, but decent I guess. :X

Like... this picture is with the same settings, doesn't seem nearly as bad >_>;

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...lakian/gfx.jpg

Oh well whatever, it gets the job done haha

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

that happened to us our second time...pwned everyone because it sinuate rushed x2 -.-

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

you know, this last week something has happened twice. couple days ago i couldn't target an airship door, and yesterday i couldn't target the item shop by port jeuno AH without rezoning.

what the hell eh? this has never happened before.

Black Belt
    BG Level

happened to me like twice (a long time ago), and periodically to other people i know, just zone or log out.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Matricide
    you know, this last week something has happened twice. couple days ago i couldn't target an airship door, and yesterday i couldn't target the item shop by port jeuno AH without rezoning.

what the hell eh? this has never happened before.
    That happens to me sometimes. Even happened at a crag. Couldn't catch a chocobo since the NPC never showed up.

Slightly different, but I've had times where my moogle simply didn't appear... And I don't mean the initial lag, I mean minutes later. Zoning fixed it... though Idano, with it happening to everyone not being able to target.

It's probably due to the way they programmed the "teleport" feature of the NM.

Basically every mob has a few status flags which indicate whether the mob is targetable, alive, dead, visible, invisible, spawning, dieing, claimable, capable of moving, etc. as well as their location (x,y,z coords) and of course all their stats, spells, etc.

Chances are they have it coded so that the "teleport" really just disables the targetable and visible flags (make it invisible), alters his x,y,z coordinates by some random amount, and then re-enables the NM again (i.e. make it targetable and visible again). However, this process seems very buggy and occassionally one of the flags won't "turn on" again. The most common one is to have him disappear, teleport, and then never re-appear again.

The mob is there, but you can't see or target it. You can kill it with GA spells on nearby targets if you can figure out where he's located.

You can also be killed by him if you have the highest hate and happen to walk next to its location. In our last run we had 1 of them disappear, and we discovered its location because a Taru BLM was walking around and literally just died for no reason (there was nothing in the chat log or anything, his HP just dropped). Turns out that even though Prudence was invisible and couldn't move, he could still attack whoever had hate if they came into melee range (kind of like attacking from an alternate universe or something).

Very very buggy. Even the regular mobs movement "underwater" is quite glitchy and the mobs tend to go through phases where they don't move at all and then suddenly move very rapidly in a new direction, teleport around, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantide
    Hmm, that's interesting. Could you find out more from your other LS members?

In our case it had no name, but was attacking people. In your case, it seems as though it was there, not attacking but completely invisible as well?

If it's true that it turns invisible, I wonder if it came back to the spawn point and was actually next to me while I was waiting for the ??? to reappear lol. Our RNG(s) didn't see the other one on widescan anymore either. Pop monsters must return to their spawn point before disappearing in my experience.

I guess I'll report these glitches on SE's comment thing, though I'm not sure if anything will happen as a result. It really doesn't appear to me that this behavior is intentional.
    Cantide's summary is pretty accurate. He did, however, attack twice in his totally invisible/untargettable phase, killing at least one BLM. It took a good hour if I recall, to finish the 2nd one off with agas. We figured they would have fixed this last patch, but apparently they haven't bothered to.

Quote Originally Posted by Darm
    Cantide's summary is pretty accurate. He did, however, attack twice in his totally invisible/untargettable phase, killing at least one BLM. It took a good hour if I recall, to finish the 2nd one off with agas. We figured they would have fixed this last patch, but apparently they haven't bothered to.
    Didn't take us an hour to finish it, nowhere near that long. I kept it dotted with diaga though. Maybe it has no-agro regen?

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Darm
    Cantide's summary is pretty accurate. He did, however, attack twice in his totally invisible/untargettable phase, killing at least one BLM. It took a good hour if I recall, to finish the 2nd one off with -agas. We figured they would have fixed this last patch, but apparently they haven't bothered to.
    Didn't take us an hour to finish it, nowhere near that long. I kept it dotted with diaga though. Maybe it has no-agro regen?
    Maybe I'm wrong about the time, but it was at least a half hour. I think we had a lack of BLMs or something. Either that or we went slow because half our LS didn't think it'd die invisible.

Has anyone had it go 'invisible' over water? My personal theory is that its not invisible, but is underwater (but underwater under land, so you just can't see it).

But ya, its totally bugged.