+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Who will win Texas vs USC?

Shit all my basketball team mates think USC will win but im holding fast to my favorite team Texas! what do you guys think?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think that the team that scores the most points has a good chance of winning.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Umm ok, thanks for that....

USC if they can use their outside linebackers to hold that QB from TX. Dunno though I think its going to be determined by which teams defense plays the best as we all know both teams can put up 70 points

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    I lol'd

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I agree with Janice.

Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione
    USC
    Yes.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I hope Texas but probably USC

Right now, I'm more excited to see what's going to happen with the Fiesta Bowl. I know it'll be USC vs. Texas in Rose, West Virgina vs. Georgia in Sugar, Florida State vs. Penn State in Orange, but what about the Fiesta? I think there is a chance it'll be either Ohio State, Notre Dame, Auburn and Oregon... I'm excited for what the bowl chooses.

Texas, USC almost lost a few times this year to over-rated and crappy teams, and got pretty lucky on a lot of plays if you ask me.

Champions find ways to win.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

USC. My reason: reggie bush is like one of those created players you make with max stats on madden.

lol

USC! GO TROJANS!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm a little upset...#3 PSU vs. #22 FSU, I mean come on. Not only does it suck that we're playing a 4 loss team while there's better 1 or 2 loss teams that we could be playing, it's also kinda a no win situation. If we win, we beat a mediocre team. If we lose, we lost to a mediocre team and makes our entire season look like a fluke.

Sadly I think USC will win. They have more of a double threat on offense. Both of their defenses suck.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Someone watches John Madden commentate for the NFL. :D

Oh, and USC, because Cali > Texas. Period.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    I'm a little upset...#3 PSU vs. #22 FSU, I mean come on. Not only does it suck that we're playing a 4 loss team while there's better 1 or 2 loss teams that we could be playing, it's also kinda a no win situation. If we win, we beat a mediocre team. If we lose, we lost to a mediocre team and makes our entire season look like a fluke.
    The bright side is Penn State will likely be #2 at the end of the season with a win in the Fiesta Bowl.

Regarding who will win the Rose Bowl ... USC played a tougher schedule than Texas (did Texas play ANYONE other than Ohio State?), and has Reggie Bush. However, USC has had more close calls than Texas (Fresno State, Arizona State...)

USC's pretty much playing at home, although there will be a lot of UT fans there, I'm sure. But for that reason, I think USC will win in a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecurb
    Reggie bush is like one of those created players you make with max stats on madden.
    Brilliantly put.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Did USC play anyone other than Notre Dame (who is annually overrated)?

USC will need fast and smart LB's to contain Young (yes, its possible), and this was proven by Ohio State. Young's running was pretty much shut down after the 1st quarter of that game. It was Ohio State's craptastic offense (at the time) who was unable to put up a single touchdown on 3 occasions when the defense gave them the ball inside the Texas 30 that lost the game, not Young. USC does not have the LB's of Ohio State. This most likely means they will have to bring a safety up to keep him in check. This will open up the passing game more for Texas. USC will need to keep Young in the pocket, without giving up too much in air...and there in lies the challenge.

Also, look at all of USC's games. None of which have been a defensive battle. They rely on a high powered offense putting up more points than their mediocer defense will give up. Texas, on the other hand, actually has a defense. Something USC has not seen all year. While Bush is a badass..there is no denying that, Leinhart will be tested. USC cannot rely on Bush to do everything. If Texas puts in some stops early, maybe a sack or two, I fully expect Leinhart to become flustered and make some huge mistakes. Texas will then just key on Bush...and its gonna be a long game.

Both team's strength of schedule licks ass, having each only played a contendor or 2. Both have good offensses, but the edge goes to Texas for actually having a defense. Texas 28 - USC 24.

Penn State and Florida State is a no brainer. Florida won their conference, so even with 4 losses, automatically get into the BCS. Pen Stater also won (split) the Big Ten, and are an autobid. Difference....Penn State is in the Big Ten and lost once. Not an easy thing to do. This game is Penn States all the way. JoPa and comapny would really have to go retarded to lose this one. PSU has the edge in all categories....even the waterboy. Penn State 31 - FSU 14.

Ohio State and ND is an interesting matchup.....but not really. While full of tradition on both sides, and America's love affair with ND football will bring in the ratings....I do not foresee a football game that will match up to the hype. Sorry ND fans, but this one goes to OSU. The talk of ND this year has been Brady Quinn, the QB. No mention of a stallar running game. This is a problem. If your run game isn't A-grade....then dont expect to put any ground yards on OSU. Even top running backs have a rough time gaining yards on the Buckeyes. So we can conclusively say that ND will have to rely on Quinn for this one. Now, Quinn is not renound for his mobility like Vince Yound was, so ND is gonna have to establish one hell of a pocket to give him time to throw. OSU's weakness (if you can call it that) on defense is the pass. However, if Quinn doesn't have time to set....uh oh. Conversely, OSU's offense has been getting better every game, with Smith finally coming into his own. The offense is 100 times better than what they had against Texas and Penn State. The fact ND wont be able to produce offensively as they are used to, and that OSU has a ton of weapons on offense in the air and on the ground, will make this a one sided game. OSU 35 - ND 10

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Jesus Ohio...