Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis for Dummies     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Colith

Dynamis for Dummies

hello, name is colith as you can see, been reading just about everything i can posted on your website to learn better ways of doing things. The question i have is one of dynamis. My ls is starting dynamis finally and the last few runs havent been really successful. My question is for someone whos willing to be patient enough to answer all my questions. In order to be the best at something i believe you have to look to the most experience of guidance. So im sucking up my pride and asking now. Im a thf and have been deemed puller of the statues while the rdms/blms sleep the spawned mobs and nuke the statue. What i cant seem to figure out is how to keep huge links from obliterating the whole alliance. Im sure there are some of you laughing at this right now cause you think im noob but all i can say is we have to start somewhere. I try to pull when walking statue are at maximum distances away by timing my pulls. It seem that there are some pull that seem completely impossible to avoid extra linkage such as the east and west sandy gates. This has been my greatest challenge yet and its such a pain in the ass to overcome. Is there any advice you can give about pulling, tanking, setup, numbers, or just plain overall strategy that can help make this more organized. I dont expect this to be an easy task by any means. But i do believe it can be simplified with good planning and great knowledge of the surroundings. Any advice would be most greatfully appreciated...thanks for your time

Sleepga 2 and then focus on one mob at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Posterboy
    This wasn't his question dumbass. The best thing you can do is observe how the mobs pathing works when you pull. Sometimes links are unnavoidable, you seem to be on the right track with pulling at maximun distance, however if you are linking still perhaps you can change how you run back to camp, as you could be pathing the mobs into other statues.

Pulling in Dynamis is more of an art. It requires an awful lot of experience before you are able to avoid the nasty links, and even then links happen.

The 2 gates in Sandoria are by far the most difficult pulls you will ever have to make in Dynamis. They key is watching the inner stones that don't pop any mobs and either pulling them directly, or pulling when they are as far back as possible. Typcailly if one of the center stones links, you get the whole gate.

I should assume you already do this, but even at 75 I've seen pullers who can't seem to grasp the concept... Lead your shots. Don't start shooting when the mob is where you want it, time it so that your ranged attack hits the mob as it gets to that point; i.e., don't start pulling when the stones are as far away as possible, start slightly before then... the delay on the shot can kill you (and 63 others coincidentally) Keep this in mind... I donno how 75 THF's still make this mistake, but they do.

Colith

well i do time my pulls....and i completely agree you have to lead your shots. ...but the idea of putting mobs to sleep as they spawn is rediculous because then you have to worry about the walking statues catching up. What i found about the gates to be really f-ed up is that regardless of where the statue is pulled....it still spawns the mobs inside the damn gate lol....we even tried the suicide method to NM pulling by Perfect Dodge/Utsusemi/Flee and rdm pulls NM while i die in a safe place basically getting rid of the guess work out of killing the gate NMs. The big problem we faced was the Overlord. Is there a way to avoid the overlord spawning a thousand statues on pull or is that just completely inevitiable? And when he died...he spawned a line of Mesmerizers...wtf is that all about? is that a timed thing or can that be avoided too? thank you for your enthusiasm to reply

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

If you go to dynamis with NAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko

so true. 64 people, and only fight 1 mob at a time. genius!!! [sarcasm]

on the overlord pull, and the subsequent spawn of the line of mesmerizers... no, you cannot prevent that. boss pull is generaly a sacrifice pull with utsu/flee and another person to grab the boss. the mesmerizer line spawning is just the regular repops after killing the boss, which is basicly the same in all the city dynamis zones. after the boss is dead, a whole buncha shit will respawn

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

!!! GOD, I though i was the only one who felt this way.

I'm not talking shit about anybody here but doing dynamis with 30+ people, sleepga2 and taking down a group of 3 orcs 1 by fucking 1 is not only annoying but boring as fuck.

in roadtolord, we fight like 5 things at the same time and own shit, Most of the times when we do any of the 4 cities we end up leaving early because there are no more repops

Only thing i can suggest really is paying close attention to where statues are if they are walkers, and learning what makes more statues pop when pulled and such. It just takes time. Hell i pull my dynamis as a Taru WHM/BLM and do just fine in the first 5 zones, except for mega pulls which we normally do sack pulls on. But that's mainly because of the barrier in "teaching" someone to pull when it's really something you have to have a feel for. And i keep hitting brick walls with pullers.

Basically if your group is new to dynamis, expect some mass links, and remember if you have good enough Sleepers you can make it through any huge linked pull really. Just practice makes perfect, some common sense, and a good memory of mannerisms of what you're pulling.

Good luck to you, and remember there are 9348039483 ways to do dynamis, and as long as it works, you can clear the megas, get lots of AF, and have fun doing it, you're not doing it wrong. ^^

And don't forget, this month we're all going to be back to square one like you on the new zones being released, and that's going to be hella fun learning it all over again in new zones. ^^

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    !!! GOD, I though i was the only one who felt this way.

I'm not talking shit about anybody here but doing dynamis with 30+ people, sleepga2 and taking down a group of 3 orcs 1 by fucking 1 is not only annoying but boring as fuck.

in roadtolord, we fight like 5 things at the same time and own shit, Most of the times when we do any of the 4 cities we end up leaving early because there are no more repops
    We're split up into EXP PT type set ups. Each PT has a tank, a brd and/or RDM, a WHM, and misc. melee, and a BLM, aside from the actual BLM PT taking care of golems. Each PT takes a mob. If there's a lot of people there that day, you'll see 2-3 PTs per mob, but still, they go down easily. Usually the only deaths that occur are the THFs when they have to do a suicide pull.

I think most JPs do it that way. Karen's LS did it that way, too when I went with them for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    Cleared Bastok with 35 minutes left with 47 people... killing 1 mob at a time. I can see fighting 2 mobs at once being better, but I really wouldn't want to see more. A single Yagudo can keep you stun-locked with consecutive leg sweeps pretty easily (goodbye taru mages), wouldn't want to see 5 Yagudo at once on those stupid bridges. And 1 Fomor doing Grim Halo is bad enough, I'd hate to even see 2 at once.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

We're split up into EXP PT type set ups. Each PT has a tank, a brd and/or RDM, a WHM, and misc. melee, and a BLM, aside from the actual BLM PT taking care of golems. Each PT takes a mob. If there's a lot of people there that day, you'll see 2-3 PTs per mob, but still, they go down easily. Usually the only deaths that occur are the THFs when they have to do a suicide pull.

I think most JPs do it that way. Karen's LS did it that way, too when I went with them for a bit.
    What about monk mobs? >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

the correct way to deal with monk mobs is to counter-tank them.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

correct way to deal with mnk mobs is to have a fully lvld shield skill, and while they are wailing away, you sit and laugh at them

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Why pull with a THF? Is this pretty common amongst LSs? I'm a BLM and I make all our pulls, save the bosses. I enjoy doing it as I feel I can dictate our flow of mobs pretty well, and pull in a manner I can resleep the next pull in close with the remaining mobs from the previous pull. We usually do 1 mob at a time, but rarely fill up, but keep the assist moving quickly and smoothly. We've cleared all 4 cities with time remaining to play Hide and Seek or something stupid. '-' Bastok I think 58min left (they really need to add some more mobs to this zone), Windurst about 7min, Sandoria about 20min and Jeuno about 2min are kinda our bests so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Pulling in Dynamis is more of an art. It requires an awful lot of experience before you are able to avoid the nasty links, and even then links happen.

The 2 gates in Sandoria are by far the most difficult pulls you will ever have to make in Dynamis. They key is watching the inner stones that don't pop any mobs and either pulling them directly, or pulling when they are as far back as possible. Typcailly if one of the center stones links, you get the whole gate.
    ya, this was a really tough pull for us for a while til i realized you have to ignore the closer statues and make sure the statue that patrols to the back wall is way out of linking range. the key is to maximize the time until they run back into each other.

other fun pulling things off the top of my head

-in windy each time you kill an nm 2 statues pop in front of heavens, killing them as they pop instead of all 6 at once is a lot easier, but you can ga3 all 6, just involves some blm death sometimes
    -in jeuno have someone finish the repop staute in the back solo and glass back in, while everyone runs to the mog house (if you prefer to kill the boss there). that involves one less palace sweep and saves some time for boss runs
    -#1 trick of the day in bcd the extension statue at the lake can be killed from above, thus shaving off like 30 minutes of a typical run. this OWNS for either angra or relic runs
    -in xarc have someone pull the NMs from behind the towers instead of in front to make peeling easier. that can only be done on certain ones though
    -in xarc at the extension right before the 1st set of NMs has 3 statues. straight up pulling them links all 3 and it's kinda hard. there's a small cove in the wall to the right of the right one, where if you hide in there and pull the right one, it wont link. then you go around to the left one, pull that, and it wont link, then the center. now that i think about it starting on the left might be smarter, because hiding in the little cove thing involves a huge risk of getting hit with a ga3 (one mob is a blm) so left right center or even just left center is prolly smarter

better stop talking about ff

in molten core golemagg can be owned by jumping down from above and ambushing him from behind, he receives an "element of surprise" debuff that reduces attack power and hp by 3000%

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

just coming in from the left -> left center right, produces no links... hell u dont even have to pull right because the time extension pops first.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

you'll be back bert, no one can escape crack.