Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camping Valkurm Emperor     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Camping Valkurm Emperor

Does anyone have tips? i just sold all my BLM,BRD,WHM gear to level up MNK and my $$$... let's say easy come easy go. so im stuck camping this thing, feel free to join me or just give me some tips.

<<-------noob at camping NM's

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mrargus or stand there and wait for it to pop the legit way.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    Mrargus.
    FTW!

lol..

nah seriously.. I won't go near emp. myself, ever again... he hates me and popped on bypassing n00bs 15/24 times... (4 times I didn't get drop and the other ones were claimed by Griffith -_-)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i've killed leaping lizzy only 1 time and that was when people were having problems logging on lol, I've never came close to touching the emperor.

where can i get this mrargus lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by anoush
    Remora.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Best thing to do is go THF/RNG. There are 4 VE PH and they are all clumped together in your widescan inbetween snippers and leeches. Just keep killing them while keeping track of when they died(6min repop). VE's name on the scan will also be inbetween the snippers and leeches. When you flee, just switch 2-3 equipment so other people dont know you flee'd. It also gives you a head start b/c you wont get stuck in the flee animation. Hope this helps.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Already got my Empress Hairpin, so here goes. Copied some of the info from Allakhazam (one of the few useful posts on that entire site), some is from personal experience.

When camping an NM like VE or LL, you must come with wide scan. You can camp it as whatever you want, sure, but if you don't have wide scan you're purely guessing, so go camp in the general area where it pops, and ignore the rest of this post.

Once you have rng or bst (main or sub, doesn't matter of course), go camp on the small dune just northwest of the tree grove on the west beach in valkurm. Pull up wide scan, and about 1.5 pages into the list, you'll come across this pattern:

snipper
    snipper
    snipper
    damselfly <----the placeholder, also where VE pops on scan
    damselfly
    damselfly
    damselfly
    thread leech
    thread leech

If there are other campers then there's a bit of a guessing game, but the top fly in that group of 4 is the *1* placeholder. When it dies, in 5 minutes real time, another placeholder will pop. If a PH doesn't pop 5 minutes after the previous one, Valkurm Emperor will spawn 30 seconds later. In my experience I've seen it spawn anywhere from 55 minutes to just under 2 hours after the previous one died, but the window may be wider than that, I'm not 100% sure.

I camped as war/rng, which made it easier to claim, harder to get drop, and went about 16/20 on pull and 1/16 on drop. Kind of a pain, but better than shelling out the 2 million+ for a non-ex emp pin, imo.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Emp pin on monk is for noobs.

Voyager sallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by anoush
    Remora.
    lol... not only does an LS here have Argus, but they have some modification to it that makes them able to claim through the delay put in to deter botting.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Does anyone have tips? i just sold all my BLM,BRD,WHM gear to level up MNK and my $$$... let's say easy come easy go. so im stuck camping this thing, feel free to join me or just give me some tips.
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5922

0/1 earlier , and now just lost claim to reice, some JP dude lol