VIT+5 Sword Skill+7 Great Axe Skill+7

or

Whatever Elemental gorget Steel Cyclone is

??? :D

Gorget 4TW, Torque on anything but WS.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Do you have a parser to back that up? I thought the Gorgets were more effective for multi-hit weaponskills and the torques for single-hit.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Do you have a parser to back that up? I thought the Gorgets were more effective for multi-hit weaponskills and the torques for single-hit.
    He has every gorget and is the biggest WS nerd in the game. I trust.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I did this to test if in fact the Breeze Gorget does work with Steel Cyclone, I'm not testing how it affects damage.. I said that like three times. I even said the exact same thing you did, that it's basically not an accurate way to test the damage increase on level 1 mobs.... I'm only testing if it works.
    WHen sekkite tested the correct gorget for spinning slash (on mobsthat were not tww) he found he liked spike necklace better. So VIT+5 attk+7(essentially) I would guess the fortatude torque would be superior.

WHen sekkite tested the correct gorget for spinning slash (on mobsthat were not tww) he found he liked spike necklace better. So VIT+5 attk+7(essentially) I would guess the fortatude torque would be superior.
    3STR > then a Gorget specifically tiered to WSes? Umm I find that hard to believe. 3 STR is just that. 3STR. I dont know why people hang on it so much. If anything the 10% accuracy would be better for the possibility of connecting the double attack on a SAed WS...and even more so if you were only TAing a WS. or using /NIN.

I'm sorry but for some reason people thinking a generic DD lvl21 item is better then a Lv.73 WS specific item, tends to make me wonder...yes even if the item comes from Sea. My Rampages have been rediculous since I got my gorget, as have my Dancing Edges (2000+ on XP mobs...and Ive never come close before that.) Even if a gorget did 1/5th what it did for those, Id still be impressed.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Dancing Edges (2000+ on XP mobs...and Ive never come close before that.)
    PLD/THF/THF xp has been reborn at 75 because of said gorget. I've never seen a PLD get 8k/hr in such a lazy setup in my life.

PLD/THF/THF xp has been reborn at 75 because of said gorget.
    PLD/NIN ONRY! :D

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

PLD/THF/THF xp has been reborn at 75 because of said gorget.
    PLD/NIN ONRY! :D
    lol... we still got 8k with /WAR, doesn't really matter since you can't drop the WHM from the party in Lufaise, regen3 once per mob is plenty. I can't imagine any better support than BRD/RDM/WHM anyways, not gonna kill any faster by changing any of those 3.

lol... we still got 8k with /WAR, doesn't really matter since you can't drop the WHM from the party in Lufaise, regen3 once per mob is plenty. I can't imagine any better support than BRD/RDM/WHM anyways, not gonna kill any faster by changing any of those 3.
    Surprisingly enough we did it without a WHM...just kinda ate the stonas, if PLD got Petrified THFs would pull hate and tank till it ended, 2 BRDs, and a RDM turned 2 THFs into practically 4 THFs...it was caraaaazzzyyy. Though Kittylicious did come in at the end to help out. (Go go lesbians!)

Xavier

My Rampages have been rediculous since I got my gorget, as have my Dancing Edges (2000+ on XP mobs...and Ive never come close before that.) Even if a gorget did 1/5th what it did for those, Id still be impressed.
    Those are both multi-hit weaponskills, which I didn't doubt the gorgets helped, seeing as how I've used the gorget for rampage, but that wasn't my question.

My point was just that I've never seen that big of a difference between boroka torque or a gorget for single hit weaponskills.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Personally I have noticed a big difference in Jin, Asura and Rampage since getting my gorgets. I don't have pages of parser numbers to back that up and I assure you I'm not just looking to justify killing Yovra after Yovra as I four man them in 15-20 minutes with ease. I haven't used a gorget with a single hit weapon skill either but I'll admit I'd have to question if they are quite as useful for them as they are with multihits. What I won't question though is if a generic piece of 10k level 21 equipment (as Lockecole so elegantly put it) is better than a level 73 piece specifically meant for specific weapon skills that takes hours to get. I left the verdict on the worthwhileness of gorgets out for a long, long time when I first started getting them but now I'm a firm believer. The incredible annoyance of killing Yovra's disappears when your weapon skills become so consistently great. Mess around with them for a bit and drop the misconception that they're going to add an extra zero onto the end of every weapon skill and you might be surprised.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Mess around with them for a bit and drop the misconception that they're going to add an extra zero onto the end of every weapon skill and you might be surprised.
    Perfect way to word it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

rukenshin also tested on LV1 mobs...

Better than no testing at all, which is the rest of what's being thrown around in this thread <_<

PS. Russta, you can probably trio Yovras pretty easily.
    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8656/dontsolo8lb.jpg
    Mnk/nin, Rdm/whm, Whm/thf (lol)

I'm sorry but for some reason people thinking a generic DD lvl21 item is better then a Lv.73 WS specific item, tends to make me wonder...yes even if the item comes from Sea. My Rampages have been rediculous since I got my gorget, as have my Dancing Edges (2000+ on XP mobs...and Ive never come close before that.) Even if a gorget did 1/5th what it did for those, Id still be impressed.
    Which gorget are you using for DE?

Soil for DE and Rampage.
    Breeze also works for DE.

Assuming you're using DE, would Soil and Breeze be equivalent in terms of the boost they provide, or is that untested?

Untested as far as I know. I'd assume they'd be the same, though.
    You could always grab 2 different gorgets for Steel Cyclone; the tests above show that the damage under those conditions is pretty reliable.