Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: mpk fix     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Well it does'nt say they repop instantly also, maybe they will repop as if they were killed when zoned? 11 minutes on corse or something like that.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I wonder if they really fix'd Hide MPKing..

-If a player is KO'd or moves to a new area while fighting a monster at a location in which the monster does not usually inhabit, the monster will not begin attacking others in the surrounding area. Instead, it will simply disappear.

I don't see anything that mention about people using hide to mpk.

Black Belt
    BG Level

that's the specific quote, if that was it, this is very good and nothing else matters. this is the vague quote that causes speculation

This measure refers to the radius that the monster walks about when not engaged in battle. After being drawn out of that radius during battle and released, the monster will disappear, and then reappear after a short time in its proper location.
    they don't exactly define "released" very well.

E. Body
    BG Level

Funny isn't it. People bitch at S-E for not fixing something then when it is finally fixed they bitch claiming it sucks...

In other words... they fixed bind finally.

For Corse it's really no big deal, just have 2 people agro them, top agro runs to one zone and zones out, other runs to the ENM area zoneline and waits until they run all the way back across the the zone, then zones out.

I really don't see this change (aside from bind) doing shit all. One of the major MPK problems was people having agro but the mob being locked by someone else.

Also, it would be nice if they'd, oh, I dunno, make the claim delay they added actually reasonable. It needs to be 4x longer. Actually what really needs to happen is fix the mobs that the claim delay matters on... the 3 kings.

Actually our biggest problem isn't the MPK. Usually MPK only happens as a result of NM stealing. For example, LS A wins the initial claim and begins fighting. But LS B is either unmoral or doesn't know better (i.e. gilseller) so they /follow the NM and spam their voke macros the entire time LS A is fighting.

Then, randomly, the mob unclaimes for 0.001 seconds and LS B grabs claim, dsepite LS A still being fully alive.

Normally LS A would retaliate by MPKing LS B, but now that's not an option. The update will fix MPK without fixing NM Stealing. Now, TBH any reasonable linkshell should be able to keep claim on a NM all the time. Usually the only time claim gets lost is when you kite over a large area (King Behemoth), or you are wiping and your tanks with claim die (i.e. you're wiping and probably can't hold the NM much longer anyway)

Edit: in regards to zoning corses at Tiamat, etc. It's possible that the system merely makes mobs Invisible and non-aggro until they "walk" naturally back to their spawn point. We'll need to wait and see exactly how the new changes work.

Black Belt
    BG Level

as usual, this fix is being done with very little consideration to endgame. the major benefactors are going to be people who get MPK'd at Garilage and CN zone.

there's no intent to fix HNM issues here imo. so if you're looking for that, you probably won't find any.

Demosthenes11

omg, you can claim Serket now without the whole zone being MPKd on to you

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Henisha
    I wonder if they really fix'd Hide MPKing..

-If a player is KO'd or moves to a new area while fighting a monster at a location in which the monster does not usually inhabit, the monster will not begin attacking others in the surrounding area. Instead, it will simply disappear.

I don't see anything that mention about people using hide to mpk.
    Gilsellers don't use THFs, and HNM LSes don't bring THFs to kills if they have another 75 :D

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    as usual, this fix is being done with very little consideration to endgame. the major benefactors are going to be people who get MPK'd at Garilage and CN zone.

there's no intent to fix HNM issues here imo. so if you're looking for that, you probably won't find any.
    It may not even help the Garliage crowd. Are they going to shut off all assist and low HP agro too while a mob is being run around? i.e. if A is fighting a bat by zone and B runs another bat past them, is the trained bat not going to assist A's bat? What about if someone GAs? Or does something really stupid like heal the person (who they might not know what they're doing yet) who is training?

Oh, they specified death and zoneing... so does this mean Beastmasters can still MPK with charm, or does this mean beast pets will poof too? In which case, welcome to stealthnerfville beastmasters, population, you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

how will i wipe gilsellers with flesh and weapons now ; ;

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Eh, it's a step in the right direction. Remember we're only dealing with SE here. Deal with it...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Why waste time speculating? The patch will be out in a few days...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Re: mpk fix

Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    This rule will not apply to notorious monsters.
    Well, at least we can still train Marchelute to Selbina.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by rahskala
    lmao...seriously the most destructive force the game has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    Why waste time speculating? The patch will be out in a few days...
    Maybe. They do seem to be running out of things to post about... I think tomorrow we get to read about the melee changes?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SE
    It is the role of the GM team to resolve such issues, but in several cases it can be difficult to determine whether a player intentionally caused a problem after consulting only the chat and action logs. Often there is a discrepancy between both sides of the dispute's claims. In such cases, it would not be proper to choose a side based on personal opinion or to listen to only one side's claims. Therefore, the issues best resolved have been those actually witnessed by the GM.
    This must refer to the night on ragnarok where the gilsellers actually shouted at the start of serket pop window, if you claim you will be punished! and the proceded to mpk the ls who got claim. when the GM was called, they said they would "look into it". I guess it was too "difficult to determine whether a player intentionally caused a problem after consulting only the chat and action logs"

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    Quote Originally Posted by SE
    It is the role of the GM team to resolve such issues, but in several cases it can be difficult to determine whether a player intentionally caused a problem after consulting only the chat and action logs. Often there is a discrepancy between both sides of the dispute's claims. In such cases, it would not be proper to choose a side based on personal opinion or to listen to only one side's claims. Therefore, the issues best resolved have been those actually witnessed by the GM.
    This must refer to the night on ragnarok where the gilsellers actually shouted at the start of serket pop window, if you claim you will be punished! and the proceded to mpk the ls who got claim. when the GM was called, they said they would "look into it". I guess it was too "difficult to determine whether a player intentionally caused a problem after consulting only the chat and action logs"
    Gilsellers on siren Mrargus-warp-claim at every single Cassie, I called GM once after watching it 3 nights and he got mad at me for excessively reporting the same people over and over (?) Response: we looked into it last night and action was taken.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Monsters that have been rendered immobile with the "Bind" spell will not attack anyone other than the party or alliance that it is targeting.
    can't believe it took them this long to fix that.
    Same. They've even fixed some stupid thing with Monk's countering mobs that were bound near them but were claimed to someone else and forgot to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by rahskala
    XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Another bonus from this change:

You can now zone pesky mobs blocking your path (e.g. Stegotaurs in Sacrarium on odd days for the maze), then zone back in and have a clear path.