Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Cursed Slacks -1 and Blessed Trousers +1

I managed to make these over the course of 2 weeks (skilling up ^^)

How much do these sell on your server?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I sold Blessed Trousers +1 to a close friend for 12m. Open market would have brought 18ish.

Zenith -1, eh....would probably go for like 25m if you can find a hardcore IGE'er. 20 otherwise.

Oh yeah, and go die for making these both.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by deadzee
    SKILLING UP!!!

I agree with Raineer. On all accounts.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I got a .1 when I made my Mahatma Hpl. :D

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I sold Blessed Trousers +1 to a close friend for 12m. Open market would have brought 18ish.
    I was thinking around the same... yet to have any offers on it yet though...

Zenith -1, eh....would probably go for like 25m if you can find a hardcore IGE'er. 20 otherwise.
    I was offered 10mil for it today... The synth is more or less break even, but still, since the chances of breaking are higher than the chances of HQ, I don't think I want to sell it for less than 20mil

ty^^ I'll take that as a compliment from a veteran crafter ^^

SKILLING UP!!!
    Essentially, I don't think that I would be able to craft these endlessly, selling on the ah as I go... My amount of gil is far from enough to craft these and hope for HQ. Without skilling up on them, I probably wouldn't have synth these at all... Critical breaks are painful ; ;

Hence as a result, I wear all my GP items, and have the +1 from the tapestry... That would mean that my theoretical chance of HQ are the same as any other crafter that is over the cap. So essentially there isn't much difference if I was skilling up or not... Just because I was skilling up doesn't mean that it was any more difficult (or any easier) to get a HQ. Difference was that I did more synths than I would have if I wasn't skilling up.

For what it's worth, I made the blessed troursers +1 at on Earthsday, Waxing gibbous (79% moon), around 0600 game time. The cursed slacks -1 were made on Earthsday, Last quarter moon, (55%), around 1200 noon game time.

One thing that is kinda interesting is that for the blessed trousers +1, I had barstona on me (just for experimental purposes), which is now leading me to think that elemental effect from equipment and bar-spells don't effect crafting (otherwise I would have been oversaturated in earth resist) Any thoughts on that?

Screenies:-

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...u/Blessed1.jpg
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...htaru/cs-1.jpg

oh... one other thing... the mahatma slops in my sig were also made when skilling up... Got 4/24 HQ ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish
    oh... one other thing... the mahatma slops in my sig were also made when skilling up... Got 4/24 HQ ^^
    wtf 4/24!? those has the worst HQ rate ever.

I feel lucky if I get 1/24

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

wtf 4/24!? those has the worst HQ rate ever.

I feel lucky if I get 1/24
    I was shocked and amazed when it happened too... It was 2 seperate crafting sessions (12 synths each session) When the first one HQ'ed I was plesantly surprised, the second was absolute amazement...

The second was a few days later (the moon phase was the same, so it must have been a full moon-cycle) I was kinda numb when it happened... Didn't get any skill from the HQs, but it paid for a lot of skillups (Kept 1 and sold 3)

If only I can do the same for cursed mitts-1 ><

Here is the screenie for the first session:-
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...lops_small.jpg

I forgot to capture the second session, so unfortunately I don't have any screenies for that one ><

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

lol @ Farf for asking Allakhazam questions....

"How far will 4 mil......"

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What lvl were you when you were synthing slops?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Does anyone know the exact level of the Leather sub requirement? Since she has +2 support and her leather is dropping .1 for every +.1 cloth, she probably has ~70 or so leather. I'm not sure on exactly how much that will affect it, but if it put her up to tier2 on the leather sub wouldn't that really increase her hq chances? Could someone shed some light on subcraft tiers affecting hq?

Lucky you though, thats pretty rediculous for skilling up. I'm trying to decide if I want to do the slops or just burn through fletchings. I'm at 88+3 cloth and 60 leather, so I dunno if I'd be better off going with the cheaper fletchings or go with the more expensive slops hoping some hqs will pay for themselves. Right now just buying Marine hats as they pop on AH and working on other subs.

Anyways grats, /steals your good luck =P

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Meilyn
    Lucky you though, thats pretty rediculous for skilling up. I'm trying to decide if I want to do the slops or just burn through fletchings. I'm at 88+3 cloth and 60 leather, so I dunno if I'd be better off going with the cheaper fletchings or go with the more expensive slops hoping some hqs will pay for themselves. Right now just buying Marine hats as they pop on AH and working on other subs.
    I think it's pretty unwise to rely on a below-cap HQ to try to get you out of that money pit that the Slops put you in. Of course to you it seems like it isn't that hard because of all the screenshots you see popping up, but those are the one (or two, like one of the poster's here) in a billion chance. How many items have you HQ'd while skilling up? Personally, I have a Green Ribbon +1, and two Rainbow Cloth HQs to my name, and that is out of a LOT of synths.

Now, maybe if your friends are all asking you for a pair of signed slops, then that's different. =D Same thing goes for Elite Berets too! ;D

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I personally lvled my goldsmithing to 60 just to skill off of errant hats to 92(Goldsmithing cap is only 21 but still wanted to HQ as many as I could) I already HQ 2 which pretty much paid for my 2 lvls. And selling back the hats...(very slowly) can make some money back too. I dread doing slops because it is nothing but pure money loss... unless HQ. At least the hats sell for somthing.. 30k+ in the AH, where as the slops you just end up NPCing or desynthing(which is taking up more of your time) in hopes to get a rainbow thread back. A lot of the errant gear takes many types of cloths and other materials. Which some people would subcraft the materials.

As much as the next crafter, I HATE subcrafting items(cloths + rainbow threads) instead of buying them on AH beacause you can "save" yourself some gil by making it yourself. Why do we do this lol... Now are you really "saving" yourself gil? I really always looked at it this way, and I could be wrong... please tell me if I am.

Prices based on Bahamut.

The time it takes me to buy 9 stacks of silk thread(45kx9=405k) and turn them into silk cloth(180kx3=540k) Ok so 540k - 405k = 135k.

My point is... big deal I save 135k. What high lvl crafter couldn't make lots more than 135k in less than 36 synths? Just buy it from the AH. Which is going to cost as much if not more than if you just went the Giant bird fletching way. This is the main reason why I am completely skipping over slops and jumping right over to Giant bird fletchings and Elite Berets to 95(which is a huge payout for a HQ and there and are no sub crafts so chances I would think would be better).

So agree? disagree?... no flames please, I am sensitive.

It takes time and effort to sell through 140k in profit.
    It's pretty brainless and takes no AH spots to save yourself 140k by doing 20 minutes of synths. And, if you dual-box, you can do it on one computer while surfing the AH / forums on the other.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I just got done going 0/36 at 100+6. You can also go die for 4/24 while skilling up.

ARE YOU DEAD YET????

grats

I've got materials for 24 synths waiting for after friday night dynamis /scared
    My last session was 0/25.
    Then again I'm 0/50 lifetime on arhats gi.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Then again I'm 0/50 lifetime on arhats gi.
    hq'd my first attempt EVER (didn't learn my lesson) 0/36 after that

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Re: Cursed Slacks -1 and Blessed Trousers +1

I managed to make these over the course of 2 weeks (skilling up ^^)

You make me a sad panda

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katalya
    What lvl were you when you were synthing slops?
    I think I remember I was around 92ish at the time... I had +2 from guild items, so my theoretical was 94, which means that I was at cap (1% hq rate)

Quote Originally Posted by Meilyn
    So I dunno if I'd be better off going with the cheaper fletchings or go with the more expensive slops hoping some hqs will pay for themselves. Right now just buying Marine hats as they pop on AH and working on other subs.
    I did fletchings until 92 I think... Either way, it's going to be a loss... Like what Epical said, you don't rely on them, you don't really expect something like it to happen... At least not that many times... The theoretical HQ rate is around 1%. If you're synthing below cap, then it would be a lot less than that (I've got 1 green ribbon+1, 1 silk headband +1, a ram mantle +1 (when skilling up leather) and 1 bone hair pin +1 while skilling up wit my theoretical skill lvl below cap)

Even so, I'm not sure if the skillup rate is going to be slower (Don't really have much to compare it to) but when I synthed the blessed trousers+1 and cursed slacks -1, I wore my GP items and had the tapestry in my MH making my theoretical level at 102. I would assume that if you skill up with your GP items/have advanced imagery support, you'll get a HQ while skilling up on your way to 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Katalya
    My point is... big deal I save 135k. What high lvl crafter couldn't make lots more than 135k in less than 36 synths?
    It's very easy to make 135k... It's possible to make 2 mil in 1 synth... The problem with it all is that if you go 0/12 on HQs and lose 2 mil as a result. With turning thread into cloth, it's a guaranteed saving/profit.

I just got done going 0/36 at 100+6. You can also go die for 4/24 while skilling up.

ARE YOU DEAD YET????
    The difference is that I wasn't aiming for HQs... They tend to come when theory dictates that it's virtually impossible to get them... That way I get to say "OMFG" in ls chat...

Unfortunately, I'm not dead yet... But saying that, I have yet to sell my blessed trousers +1 and cursed slacks -1... Which means that I have over 6mil worth of materials that I could have to skill up more stuck in the items... It's all good that they're worth over 35mil, but selling them are going to be so slow ><

grats

ty^^