+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tawnie Tarutaru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

From KI: Vrtra spawn on the wrong lvl of KRT ( huge glitch )

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I just saw this linked on a friends LJ, quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen happen in FFXI. I also liked that the NA GM couldn't solve it and had to turn to the JP dev who then thought a level 70 PLD could've brought up a mob with draw in from underground. They never cease to amaze me.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow lol.

OMG a LS should have raced there to kill it lol. I mean ok ok "you're taking the challenge away by not fighting it in the main battle grounds" but whatever man, would be fun to try to take down with less people with not having to worry about room pops.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

NA GM >> wtf help me out... never seen this before...

JP GM >> wwwww why silly dragon fly here? NA PLD Try MPK on JPN pt.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

lol, was just about to post this.

Wow

Hopefully they'll look at it and fix the other glitchs like seeing peoples legs and worms sticking down through the ceiling.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

That's not Vrtra. NA's were holding Spook so SE added SSJ Spook.

And I thought Amemet popping in the Recluse Spiders area was weird..

A. Body
    BG Level

lol, what's this? i thought holleween was months ago? XD

Sea Torques
    BG Level

ssj spook ftw.

I have heard of glitches with the program pos.exe where when "warping" around if a mob hits you it can "warp" with you as well, may have been someone warped up top with Vrtra following? I have been told it can happen with some mobs, mostly some people doing ENM30s solo with the program where when they warped the mob hit them and warped with them to their next spot. But either way, bug or hack, that had to be awesome to try to get to spook or for the headstone for Sandy mission and find Vrtra there, lol, just great!

E. Body
    BG Level

The thing is Vrtra's standing area was locked at Spook's - it wasn't making an effort to run back to it's own area at all.. so I dunno if it was argus or not.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Someone should have gone to kill it lol. Vrtra without Skeletons aggroing? hmmm

Pretty cool but hell, someone race out there to kill it. Vrtra is probably the weakest Wyrm of the big 3, take away his adds and hes just a fafnir with Sleep and a few other spells.

From our kill his summons were harder than the few adds in the room.

There is a bug where you can, as a bst, warp your pet to your current location using heel while standing off an edge in midair. My friend showed it to me one time by sic'ing a lizard on a mimic in pso'xja. Whereas with normal "heel" the lizard would run away ahd then get drawn in repeatedly (pretty funny to watch) when he was standing in such a position, the pet heeled right to the beastmaster's location. Interestingly enough, the mimic wasn't able to draw in the lizard from that distance, and after 3 or 4 seconds deaggro'd.

If the mob you are fighting in such a manner isn't fixed-location like a mimic, it will warp *with* your pet. We tried this in the bridge by Sacrarium in Miseraux; he charmed a flytrap, sic'd it on a fish or something, then hung off the bridge and heeled and bam, flytrap and fish pop right on his current location.

Interestingly, he then released his pet and it vanished. We found out later that it repops at the north zoneline to Tavnazia, which is beyond bizarre because that is a long way from its spawn point lol.

Anyway, the point of this is that since Vrtra is a movable mob, you could have a few bsts sic carrie on him, warphack upstairs, find a location where this teleportation bug is exploitable and heel your pets. Then, possibly some coding that prevents Vrtra from pathing outside his area prevents him from pathing back to his area.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What's the deal with his HP being at like 15% though?

Nerf Courier Carrie.