Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Vrtra hax, GM's wimp out, oh my!

On Dec 7th some fool was messing with Vrtra on Lakshmi Server, i dont know if anyone has already posted about it here yet or not, but they got him stuck up at the spook camp to kill all the RMT botters.

http://s13.invisionfree.com/TheUltim...topic=381&st=0

*Edit

Unfortunately the big boss closed the thread and deleted most of the posts so you wont get to hear all of the great flames that went on /sigh

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

ahh, tnx sry, was studying for finals all day today, didnt really have much forum hopping time to do ~.~

Guess i better take a lesson from little billy!

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

(dont like to have completely useless posts ^^b)

thats hilarous!!!

Thats easy to do. Again, I look down at the GMs retardation.

When using 3ed pt programs (pos.exe) if you set a recall point out of range of a monster(as when it stops loading modles), it will teleport to you. Anyway, all you have to do is agro vrtra and then teleport to the spook area.

They had to take down the whole area, which is proof of shitty customer service. Take down the whole area to kill a monster? Good thing it wasent town...

Does anyone else fail to realize that it's impossible to zone any mobs from the caves to Spook?

You need to "zone" in and out of the cave through the ??? point. As soon as you enter or leave your hate gets cleared. So without a doubt 3rd party tools were used in order to get back to the Spook Camp while bypassing the hate reset.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

LOL!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Does anyone else fail to realize that it's impossible to zone any mobs from the caves to Spook?

You need to "zone" in and out of the cave through the ??? point. As soon as you enter or leave your hate gets cleared. So without a doubt 3rd party tools were used in order to get back to the Spook Camp while bypassing the hate reset.
    didn't think of this but it's true, when you XP at the dire bat camp, you can "zone" if something bad happens.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMetal
    Take down the whole area to kill a monster? Good thing it wasent town...
    That would be hilarious!! Noobs dropping like flies. People wouldn't believe it at first, then, when word got around, people would go to town to be purposefully killed by the town Vrtra. There would be so many bodies it would be like dynamisga.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

or the fact that the spawn position for him was at mistake is a possibility

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by RustyMetal
    Thats easy to do. Again, I look down at the GMs retardation.

When using 3ed pt programs (pos.exe) if you set a recall point out of range of a monster(as when it stops loading modles), it will teleport to you. Anyway, all you have to do is agro vrtra and then teleport to the spook area.

They had to take down the whole area, which is proof of shitty customer service. Take down the whole area to kill a monster? Good thing it wasent town...
    Vrtra has domain, he is supposed to draw people in if they get too far away, not chase after them.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

You can kite vrtra, you can drag him anywhere you want as far as you don't get too far in front of him. I don't know about to another zone, but he doesn't always sit in one spot.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rilu
    You can kite vrtra, you can drag him anywhere you want as far as you don't get too far in front of him. I don't know about to another zone, but he doesn't always sit in one spot.
    No, he has a domain he (and other HNM) will not leave. He can move within that domain, but when he can't reach you (whether b/c you're too far or left the domain) he'll draw you in.

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    No, he has a domain he (and other HNM) will not leave. He can move within that domain, but when he can't reach you (whether b/c you're too far or left the domain) he'll draw you in.
    The "domain" only applies to your position relative to him on the horizontal plane. If the spook camp is located directly above Vrtra's spawn area, and you could aggro him and some how figure out a way to move up there (using third party tools or otherwise), then he wouldn't draw you in.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    The "domain" only applies to your position relative to him on the horizontal plane. If the spook camp is located directly above Vrtra's spawn area, and you could aggro him and some how figure out a way to move up there (using third party tools or otherwise), then he wouldn't draw you in.
    I'm not referring to the use of 3rd party tools. Typically, FFXI only deals with the horizontal plane anyway since you can't jump or fly. Kilu's comment makes it seem as if you could bring Vrtra anywhere as long as you're not too far ahead.

Your comment seems more relevant to Septimus.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Ok let me clear this up, It can be done. As for the people who said you can't zone up into the 1st area of KRT, you're right, want to know why, because the entire area is one zone, there aren't any "Downloading Data" areas. So what they did was just get Vrtras hate, aggro and then teleport (Using the MrArgus teleport ID hack and pos.exe) to go the Spooks area. Once there Vrtra teleported up to them, like most mobs do when you move up onto a ledge and they're below it; they just kinda "hop" up. Vrtra did the same thing, he didn't draw in because Draw In is apparently, like someone else previously said, a horizontally limited ability. Therefore, when they teleported Vrtra simply "teleported" with them and was stuck up there because his roaming script is confused when he's up there. That's the best explanation I can think of, and based on my extensive experience with MrArgus's programs I can safely say this is how it was most likely done.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag