Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

best temenos area(for drops lol)

i know temenos sucks balls compared to apollyon, but are there any temenos areas which can be 6 manned relatively easily? my static is looking to do some temenos areas soon to try to get the other items for our AF+1

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

My LS has only done Temenos, as we're trying to get every item for our members from there before we start Apollyon, and before tonight have only had 6 people per run. You can actually clear North or East Temenos relatively easy if you decide to just pick 3-4 time chests and only 3-4 treasure as well. With 7 tonight we popped 5 item chests and cleared East without even having any BLMs for the elementals. So yeah, you can use 6 for those 2 and still get at least 3-4 item chests.

Ninja Edit: Can you do any of the Apollyon well at all with only 6 people?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

NE apolloyn is cake with either mnk/nin war/nin x2 misc melee (Thf or nin or another war or mnk) rdm/whm brd/whm and blm. usually drops 60+ coins and shitty jobs af+1 items.

yeah, we've been farming NE apollyon for the past 3 weeks, anywhere from 54-62 coins a run so far.

ninx2 war blmx2 brd

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

What about NW? We have 3 jobs that need item drops from that one ><

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure all jobs drop in all areas. At the very least, the charts that people have made are wrong, and I've seen many pieces drop outside where they are "supposed" to drop.

I think Temenos N (beastmen) or Temenos W (other mobs) are the best farming for Temenos. You can get one chest every floor on N, usually getting my group 5 chests (2 time). On W there is a chance on every floor for every chest to pop (I think), so you could, in theory, get 7 chests. It is also very easy, my group usually clears with 50-70 minutes left.

EDIT: Spelling.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes those charts are 100% inaccurate, don't go by them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

With that said where have people gotten the RDM drop item from Temenos? >.>

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ive seen it drop in all of them except Central 3 and W. I'm willing to bet it can drop in both of those as well.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Firstly, apologies for necro bumping this topic. I did a search for "temenos" and seeing as a topic came up with the absolute exact same question I was going to ask it didn't seem worth making a new topic for it when further information can be added to an already informative topic.

I've been doing NW Apollyon for the past few weeks and we're now looking to do a few Temenos' to get some of the other AF+1 items we need for upgrades. The only problem I have with doing this is NW Apollyon is so damn lucrative for us. We do it as WAR, WAR, BLM, BLM, RDM, BRD every week and kill absolutely everything except Millenary Mossback (because his chest holds no coins) and as few Bardha's as we can get away with (because they're so fucking annoying and seldom put out). We make an average of 8 coins each, around 48 total, for something that is really quite easy so given that I fucking hate the needless complexity of Temenos, I'm quite reluctant to give up such a huge amount of coins for it. Seeing as it's inevitable we will do it in the near future though, what Temenos' would be the best for coins and items based on these available jobs;

WAR/NIN/MNK/PLD/WHM/BRD
    WAR
    BLM/RDM/SMN/WHM/BRD
    BLM/RDM/SMN/BRD
    BLM/RDM/SMN
    BLM/BST

All of us are pretty well kitted out on each job and have no problem playing whatever one is needed, I'm just looking to know which run would yield the closest return to our rampant NW Apollyon runs. The ones I'm best familiar with, and would take a shot in the dark on, are W and N. The Tonberry and Demon floors suck in North whereas the Mandrogora floor sucks (albeit slightly less by comparison) on West so knowing we'd have to skip a few mobs on either run makes me curious just what would be best avoided and what that would lead to in terms of coins average.

[Edit] - Reading some of the other replies, how would we fare in NE Apollyon as opposed to constantly doing NW using the initial, preferred set up I posted above? I've done it several times in the past but that forth fucking floor is HORRIBLE. Excusing that Opo-Opo's are one of the most annoying and dangerous mobs in the game, the Giant's eat up a lot of time especially if Cronos is the one to open the vortex.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

We did Temenos West a few weeks back, but the focus was for upgrade items and not coins - good things, the coin drops are pretty low on this (I think we got roughly 35-40 coins). However, we did get 2 bard drops...so that was a bonus. I haven't seen the bard items drop in the other Temenos I've done, but that might be bad luck. I remember smn dropping here too, but not much else.

I believe we got 4 item chests total, 3 time, and 3 hp/mp. Mandies weren't that bad, just needed to keep poison on and avoid linking too many.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

You'd do just fine in NE apollyon, and it's always had better drop rates than NW for us... never left with less than 60 total coins. The opo's have annoying TP attacks, but they should die very fast to 2 Melee with songs. From what I've seen, BLM damage in limbus doesn't really compare to melee DoT, so I'd consider having one BLM change to BST. The Giants are annoying, but not nearly as hard as the birds on the 2nd floor imo.

Millenary Mossback in NW... sometimes his chest drops coins sometimes it doesn't...

We did Temenos E with a BLM set up(4 blm, rdm, brd) and as our first run we walked out with 30-ish coins by getting 2 time chests, 4 item chests, and messed up the chest on the first floor... so seeing as you could produce a similar set up, it shouldn't be hard to get more coins than that as you get used to the course.

Never been to the other Temenos courses, so I don't know about them.

NECRO

ahem

If you do temenos, east and north tend to blow chunks for coin counts because you only can pick up one chest per floor. Especially if you're low on people, you need to pick up time chests to even continue.

West's chests drop randomly, and TH helps a LOT. I've gone a few times with a TH3 thf in party, and we've gotten between 60-75 coins with 7-10 people with time to spare. If you can find a thf to add, I'd say definitely do west.

The pattern in west is:
    Tiger
    Mandy
    Beetle
    Lizard
    Slime
    Pugil
    Bird

I would tend to go as
    mnk/nin
    war/nin
    blm/WHM <-- don't sub rdm it makes baby jesus cry
    blm/WHM <-- don't sub rdm it makes baby jesus cry
    rdm/blm
    brd

and add a thf for more coin/chest drops.

Strategy:
    On tiger floor, pull the 2 stationary tigers from the west first so that the roaming one doesn't link. After you dispose of the roaming one, do the same pull on the room to the north. Then, you can run into the room and take on the group of 3. I'm not sure if you can single-pull the tigers from the group of 3, as we always just sleepga2 and then pick them off. Use your 2hrs if the 2hr chest has already dropped. With 2 blms you have tons of sleeping power. Mnk shouldn't use counterstance <_< razor fang, if it gets through, can deal in excess of 900 damage.

On the mandy floor, in the aern-like room have your melees below the ramp and your mages up top. Make sure gravity is on the mandragora so that it takes a while to get to the mages if they pull hate. Try to let the monk or thf tank; they will get countered a lot less often than the war. If you can pick the mandragora off in ones or twos they're really not that bad. Have poison pots running. The 3 mandragora at the end always link, so just sleepga and pick them off one by one, 2hring if you have seen the 2hr chest.

Beetle floor is rediculously easy. Pull the beetle directly opposite the ramp first, then right, then left, etc. Only 6 beetles. Aspir works. Gogo.

Lizards aren't bad either; sometimes you'll link and get 2, but with tons of sleeping power it's not a big issue. You'll probably have some petrification issues on the without a whm. It only lasts 1 minute or so. Wait it out and you'll be fine. I suggest saving 100tp on your melees for the beginning of the next floor...

Slimes...suck! You can pull all the slimes one-by-one but their resistance to melee dmg is frustrating. The first one is definitely the hardest, because you don't have a lot of room to work with so fluid spread will gank your blms. You may just want to pull, fragmentation, burst thundaga, lullaby, and then manaburn the first one. After that, just pull, TP to 100, fragment, burst, etc. This is the only floor where you don't want to just spam because fluid spread will get you owned fast. Mnk can also bring vamp claws if he has them for extra damage :D Or you can just kill one, have the thf perfect dodge+flee to the exit, sleepga2, and just go up to the next floor.

Fish are pretty easy. Can't avoid getting 2 at spots but you'll never have to deal with more. With dispel + haste their only dangerous move is screwdriver which is one shadow so meh.

Birds...there's 6 of them, and I think they all come with one pull. This is why you bring multiple people with sleepga. Start with a sealed Sleepga2 from one blm; that blm should retreat up the ramp after a minute so that they don't get insta-raped by the birds when they unsleep. Gravity on the sleeping birds is nice too. Thf is great here due to piercing damage. Just go through them one by one and you're done.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ishido
    I'm pretty sure all jobs drop in all areas. At the very least, the charts that people have made are wrong, and I've seen many pieces drop outside where they are "supposed" to drop.
    That being said, anyone have a link to one of these charts? I'd be curious to review it and see how well it matched up with what I've seen.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishido
    That being said, anyone have a link to one of these charts? I'd be curious to review it and see how well it matched up with what I've seen.
    http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.jp/f ... /Dlist.htm

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm honestly not sure if all drop in all areas. In Temenos West (which my LS was farming last month for coins/items for 4 or 5 straight runs), we would get THF/MNK/BRD/SMN/WAR and nothing else (well, in one run before we did our coin farming streak we got NIN and RDM in West, but otherwise it was always those 5 jobs). If they do drop all the items then at least some are alot more common in some areas.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    I'm honestly not sure if all drop in all areas. In Temenos West (which my LS was farming last month for coins/items for 4 or 5 straight runs), we would get THF/MNK/BRD/SMN/WAR and nothing else (well, in one run before we did our coin farming streak we got NIN and RDM in West, but otherwise it was always those 5 jobs). If they do drop all the items then at least some are alot more common in some areas.
    I have to agree with Ishido; after doing a lot of limbus runs, I believe any Apollyon AF+1 items can drop in any Apollyon zone, and the same for Temenos. Last night, we got RDM, BRD x3, SAM, and NIN from Temenos W.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

temenos east is the easiest one, and the most reliable if you know what you're doing.

there's four elementals on each floor, each drops a chest. when you open one chest, the others depop as does the elementals. each floor has one time chest, one benediction chest and two item chests. one of these item chests is fake and pops a mystic avatar of about the same strength of the avatar primes. these use the same moves and also 2hr as the avatar primes do, you naturally want to avoid this and choose the correct item chest. if you pop the fake item chest the other chests WILL NOT depop.

most people including me go for item chest on 4 floors and time on 3, you play which to use on each floor by how much time you have left.

average is about 40 coins on this.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

I agree, Tenemos West is the most lucrative. Only problem is, its not very consistent. It can randomly screw you over with no Item chests on multiple floors. Lowest we've left with is about 36, highest is about 67ish.

Setup is:

War/nin
    War/nin
    Nin/war
    Whm/Blm
    Rdm/Blm
    Brd/whm

Slimes is the only floor that really takes a lot of time, just have the RDM MB. Don't need Sleepga 2 for the final Birds, just have Rdm CS Sleep 2 or Brd SV Horde Lullaby.

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Just going to add my opinion that I believe any AF+1 item can drop in any zone. Our 6 person Limbus static has been farming Apollyon NE for a couple months, and we've now gotten every item except for PLD, at least once. It does seem like some jobs' pieces are considerably more common in NE, but that could just be our luck. We get a ton of SAM pieces especially.

I'm glad somebody bumped this thread, as we've been thinking about switching to Temenos for a while to try and get the other halves of our AF+1 sets, it's just hard to pry ourselves away from averaging about 64 coins split 6 ways in Apollyon NE.