Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamp
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Something far worse than drone earring PLDs has to be....

LIFE BELT PLDS!
    And what would wear there? Rk belt+1? Warriors belt+1?

*laughs*
    Sarashi
    Naw, both wrong. Sword belt+1, Pld's are the new drgs

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Surealistic
    razz you truely are an idiot arent you
    Why do you ask? is it because you wore one yourself? If so then the idiot here isn't me : - )

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

yes i did wear one, from lvl 60-71, and if i ever had to lvl pld again, i would wear that and my drone earrings again

and as has been asked, and has not been answered, if your not wearing a life belt or drone earrings, what do you wear

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

yes i did wear one, from lvl 60-71, and if i ever had to lvl pld again, i would wear that and my drone earrings again

and as has been asked, and has not been answered, if your not wearing a life belt or drone earrings, what do you wear
    I wear Steppe Belt 8)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I wore Life Belt till Warwolf Belt @71 (EXP PT). Every swing wether hit or miss generates more Hate. The more the tank actually hits the mob, the more hate the tank will have. 3 VIT is nothing for a PLD, I never really had any hate problems wearing Life Belt. I guess it also depends on Tanking style and gear setup.

When you hit 74~75. Try tanking Deco Weapons in a Haub with Joyeuse and Koneig Sheild. Only time I lost hate is when the DRK missed TA and used Souleater + Last Resort + Spinning Slash (Did around 1250~) only took one voke to get hate back. Also when I put on O Hat, I could out TP the SAM, so we could do a Renkei each fight.

E. Body
    BG Level

I saw your allakazham profile (surealistic), you have nice gear with the exception of:

Drone earring - Just swap this with a Hades+1 or if you cant afford that, a buckler earring. (I use hades+1 x 2 if I have WARs in the PT spamming rampage or cassie+hades for everything else)

Lightning bow - Come on, this is a melee item, not a tank item. I'd use Rosenbogen, one of the eggs (hp or mp) or fenrir stone

Instead of Life Belt, I used RSE belt which gave HP and VIT, far far better than 10 accuracy (and no defense). Life belt is for melees, pointless for a tank who is going to get close to 80 TP in a fight then switch out to dark staff, don't you think? Theres also astral rope, which is perfect for a galka PLD because it converts some HP into MP (your profile says you only have 120mp) AND it gives 2 enmity. You may think that the 10 acc is helping you get hate but the 2 enmity would give you hate on ALL your actions, not just your melee hits.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ok, first off i have changed to a rosenbogen, just took me a while to get it, meh

secondly, i cant afford the hades earrings, trust me i want them, but only to macro in, right now im using knights earring (from DM) and a buckler earring

thirdly, your using rse belt, something that only one race can use, how am i supposed to use that

any pld that needs extra mp doesnt know how to do thier job, and alla is wrong about stats, they are all off terribly, right now with tacos i have 168 mp and do just fine, and i also have 1801 hp

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

thirdly, your using rse belt, something that only one race can use, how am i supposed to use that
    Gameshark.

E. Body
    BG Level

Don't you have an RSE belt too?

I can understand the hades problem, they go for 8mil on my server.

edit: to be honest, I don't know why I'm moaning about other PLDs, the sad fact about FFXI is that any gimp can tank what a pimp could, and another sad fact is....

NINJAS HAVE TAKEN ALL OF OUR SHIT

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

My profile? If so its outdated.

I never had MP Issues being a Hume. The Ocean Belt is nice, but I could hold hate better with Life Belt and use less MP which turned into slightly better EXP per hour. I could probably afford a Hades +1 now , but to me 2 Enmity and 12 MP is not worth the 12~15Mil on my server.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

8 mil for hades+1 would be nice, on bahamut they are 12 mil

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/2608
    i do have this belt just for my hp setup

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Your average gimp ninja couldnt tank what a gimp pld could, takes a pimp ninja 8)

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kazen
    Your average gimp ninja couldnt tank what a gimp pld could, takes a pimp ninja 8)
    You sure about that? lol

When I fought Tiamat with a JP LS on Remora, I witnessed a Ninja with THREE enmity (warwolf belt) tank tiamat, and yes we won. That was the day when I sold all of my pimp enmity gear and levelled PLD.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was he using mostly evasion?

E. Body
    BG Level

Nope, he was using his THF gear like NQ amemet mantle, pixie earring and other extremely gimp gear.

We got herald gaiters btw.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nope, he was using his THF gear like NQ amemet mantle, pixie earring and other extremely gimp gear.

We got herald gaiters btw.
    Wow.. I've never fought Tiamat before, but he should have at least bought a yasha set, pretty cheap. I have 2 sets on ninja, Eva set which i use mostly +116 evasion from +eva and +eva skill, and a emnity set. Emnity set is gimp though NQ yasha stuff

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

When I fought Tiamat with a JP LS on Remora, I witnessed a Ninja with THREE enmity (warwolf belt) tank tiamat, and yes we won. That was the day when I sold all of my pimp enmity gear and levelled PLD.
    I remember the POL messages of disgust about that lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

was he losing hate much? any flails?

E. Body
    BG Level

No flails, everyone was extra cautious because they knew how gimp he was.

I was using SA gekko and did make it turn once but I guess I was lucky it didn't have TP.

Yes he did lose hate to the mages near him, but we still somehow won.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

everytime i see FI claim something, a little part of me dies inside

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast