Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

I die inside whenever I see a blm with snow rings or HQ diamond rings...and a NQ elemental staff.

Or better yet, snow rings while proudly sporting a Black Neckerchief.

Oh, and tarutaru blms that use hierarch belts exclusively.

Hmm, what else...any time I level my whm or pld and the blm is /smn or /nin...the time that I actually manaburned for 2 fights with a mythic wand wielding blm before he got booted...blms at fafnir using igqria manillas and demon helms...and finally, the price of a fucking behemoth hide and siren's hairs. B hide is used in what, dusk gear and b mantle? rngs suck and gigant mantle>>>>behemoth mantle. B hide should be alot cheaper than 10 million.

Dusk gloves are still good and in high demand.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Budd Lite
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Things like this make me cry:

http://piccolo.blackened-interactive...ges/wtfpld.jpg

Needless to say, after I took this screenshot - I D2'd him and found a better tank.

(shamans belt, attack earrings, dex rings, etc - and he wondered why he got 2 shotted...)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    B hide is used in what, dusk gear and b mantle?
    Unicorn

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    B hide is used in what, dusk gear and b mantle?
    Unicorn
    Byrnie

Black Belt
    BG Level

i agree with this btw ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlancelot
    PLD only needs HP for HNMs.

Instead of...

"Everytime I see...I die inside."

It should be,

"You know what really grinds my gears?"

Quote Originally Posted by budd
    Things like this make me cry:

http://piccolo.blackened-interactive...ges/wtfpld.jpg

Needless to say, after I took this screenshot - I D2'd him and found a better tank.

(shamans belt, attack earrings, dex rings, etc - and he wondered why he got 2 shotted...)
    is that a greatsword?

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil

Well after 71 levels of fine tanking I don't, thats why I cringe at all the allakazham PLDs. Meh.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Razz

Well after 71 levels of fine tanking I don't, thats why I cringe at all the allakazham PLDs. Meh.
    well after 75 lvls + quite a bit of hnm's, i do agree with it

only recently did i finally get rid of both my drone earrings, for knights earring and buckler earring

"allakazham PLDs"
    Name better gear to put in its spot? HP is meaningless, Cassie = +50 hp and -50mp, mp is essential for an xp pt. Pigeon Earring or whatever, +20hp, what good does that do? What mob is going to hit you hard enough to where 20hp saves you? lol. Hades Earring, gives enmity, but really, do you need it for exp pt? PLD loses hate near the end of the mob's life (if its lost at all).

Why call PLD that use drone earring "allakazham PLDs?" +6AGI helps with block rate and parry rate, hp is pointless, you don't need more enmity. The only alternate setup I could think of is Knight's Earring and the earring with +3 shield skill. Shield is your best friend in exp pt.

To each his own I guess.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

if I ever wind up lvling pld, I'm going mp gear for xp, if it allows.

What the biggest flaw in xp as pld:
    They run out of mp, and it kills the chain.

And um, common consessus is that parrying and shield are affected by AGI.

Black Belt
    BG Level

you're saying +HP is what made the difference between being a good tank or a bad tank? i seriously doubt that.

and if you can't tank well on a PLD without Hades in XP, you just suck.

---

max MP shouldn't make the difference between whether you keep a chain or not anyway. it's how you manage your MP with the MP Refresh you have, not how much max MP you have to use.

if you rely on max MP, the downtime between chains will mess up your XP/hr anyway.

E. Body
    BG Level

I've been using Cassie since level 30 and have had absolutely zero MP issues, however I wouldn't recommend it if you were an elvaan or galka. To me, 6 AGI is meaningless as a mithra, infact, my RSE2 hands give 60HP, some 6 VIT and -5 AGI. I really don't think AGI does much, I would rather put in enmity or HP, regardless of XP or HNM.

Right now I have 1630 HP and 15+ enmity with -2 AGI and can safely say I'm better off than wearing RNG equipment. To each his own though.

Black Belt
    BG Level

expecting a first job PLD to have a 6M+ earring for XP is a little bit of a stretch. i don't know how much Hades are but if you're halfway decent at holding hate, the cost is probably not justified in XP PTs either.

you have to have some hardcore DDs or really stupid BLMs to lose hate as a PLD without Hades. if you're not losing hate in most PTs, why drop the coin for +Enmity?

Hades and Cassie are no doubt better even in XP, but Pigeons are not. and the alternatives besides those are slim to none.

Well, you'll play your pld however you see fit, and I could care less how you choose to play it. I only posted to point out your flawed reasons for thinking drone earring using plds are gimp when they aren't.

Since your above post supports that some gear is situational depending on race, (i.e. you're mithra so you think drones are pointless), maybe you should change your initial claim to something like: "Everytime I see a mithra PLD using drone earring, I die inside," or something like that, since one can easily assume you mean all plds that use drones are gimp. That's how I took it, anyway.

E. Body
    BG Level

Its not about KEEPING hate, that is easy, its about setting a threshold so that your DDs and BLMs don't have to tone down their potential, I'm sure even Allakazham's guides say this too. The more hate you accumulate the more your RNGs, WARs, MNKs and BLMs can do without the fear of death. So the more damage they do, the quicker the mob dies meaning the more XP you get.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Honestly man...
    I have a strong distase to Sirlancelot, and I know he feels the same about me, if we're both agreeing on something, then it can't be wrong.

threshold ??

Every party from 60-73 or so has some form of /thf, so stacking the hate doesnt work, since retard pld's like that make it unable for the ws opener to turn the mob.

Its not about KEEPING hate, that is easy, its about setting a threshold so that your DDs and BLMs don't have to tone down their potential, I'm sure even Allakazham's guides say this too. The more hate you accumulate the more your RNGs, WARs, MNKs and BLMs can do without the fear of death. So the more damage they do, the quicker the mob dies meaning the more XP you get.
    This is wishful thinking. If you kill too fast you run out of mobs, if other parties are around you'll run out of mobs, blms don't have unlimited mp, whm would need mp as well, melee have to wait for TP for weaponskills, even if you lost hate you could get it back from healing the person with hate (if you have mp), etc.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

On topic: I die inside everytime i see "jajajaja", "xD" or "¿" on Ragnarok. It's why I avoid Jeuno because I die every few seconds.

Off topic: I use Waetoto's Earring (STR+2 VIT+1) and Intruder Earring (Def:6 DEX+1 AGI+1, Outside own nation: 40mp>40hp) on Paladin. I have Waetoto's too but never really feel the need for more hp (+35). I've never tried Wing Earring's so I'm not really in the position to say how much better an extra 5 AGI would be as opposed to 40hp, 6 Def, 2 STR, 1 DEX and 1 VIT but I'm guessing not it'd be inferior.