Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mnk Gear     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Chidorii
    I agree with AwakendSoul.

In KRT, you are blinded frequently and will need the extra accuracy.
    However, acc food + atk gear >> atk food + acc gear.

With a bard you will always have 2x minuet which is more than enough to keep your STR to ATK ratio even.
    2x minuet + atk food is overkill and your accuracy will take a hit especially if you are trying to hit consistent 1100+ asuran fists.
    Vs the bones, consistency isnt a big deal nor should it be a problem but if you want to be "good" you gotta pass the "Lemure" test, that means keeping the chain past Lemures every single time even when blinded and this is probably where sushi is more useful than atk food...

I suppose if you were a taru and were a little short in the STR department an Osode may be more usefull there.

(oh well, these are just my observations from the many mnks i've pt'd with in krt)
    Lemures test is a good way to test your set up. but still a mnk setup right will hit a Lemures just as much (blinded too) as a sushi mnk, I believe acc caps out after a while, as does attack, which is why for songs I prefer 1min 1 march II, or if I can coax my PT then i'd get double march =P crit+haste setup ftw

For MNKs just meriting (to be more precise, haven't gotten all the important merits), sushi is definatly the way to go, once you get confident with your acc set up then go for meat. mixing in STR+VIT+(whatever stat your food isn't covering) is the way for asuran to peek 800-1300 very consistantly even with meat, you will no doubt hit lower though at times due to blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Not that there's particularly anything wrong with macroing AF gloves, but the boost bonus only acts on the first hit. Just adding delay and lag by switching gear a thousand times.
    Boost is all hits, SA is first hit.

Macro'ing AF gloves is a good choice and was how I lvl'd (before getting sick of it), since the boost from af is really niiiiice, I think AF+1 for boost+WS would own

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Boost is all hits, SA is first hit.
    link? I've always thought boost is first hit as well.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

boost is all hits...

I boost 8 times sometimes between mobs in xp parties and both my fists hit for nearly max dmg.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

dont bitch about being blinded..its too much mp to be wasted..

get youre self couple stacks of eye drops and stfu 8)

elcura..u still didnt get shura so dont judge it yet ull change ur opinion when you get it believe me..

edit:
    elcura, someone posted on the af+1 talk and it doesnt increase the chiblast strength, so i dont think it will affect you're boost in attack..buy youre pants and head piece insted

Man our whm and rdm last night babied us. They took off blind before I could get chakra off. They took off para ASAP, slow, etc.

Our whm never went below 800mp last night, I dunno how the hell he did it. That guy was amazing lol.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Denchi
    Man our whm and rdm last night babied us. They took off blind before I could get chakra off. They took off para ASAP, slow, etc.

Our whm never went below 800mp last night, I dunno how the hell he did it. That guy was amazing lol.
    As a noob mnk (lvl 20 or so), I have a question: does blind affect Chakra? if not what's the relevance between taking blind off before chakra?

And more importantly: "Our whm never went below 800mp"
    I'm willing to call BS here and get flamed.
    That's IMPOSSIBLE unless you guys actually stopped and rest mp from time to time.

I save the "amazing" adjective only for people who can help get my krt pts above 13k/hr. (12k/hr is awesome but all you need is to have everyone with good gear, 13k+ is breaking the "amazing" threshold. for me anyway)
    IE. Clear the "long" path starting from wyvern room in less than 20 minutes.
    If you were hitting 12k/hr for 2+ hrs and your whm never fell below 800mp instead of calling him amazing i'd call him God. hehe

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Chakra with AF body removes blind.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Chakra with AF body removes paralysis.

fix'd.

chakra can remove virus (AF2 onry), blind, paralysis (AF body onry), and poison.

it doesn't remove plague though. X(

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Chakra always removes blind. with AF body it removes paralyze

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

I stand corrected ;o

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf
    Can you get paralyzed while trying to use chakra to remove paralysis? lol

We didn't get the long path last night it was taken by some jpn Mnk party. We did the secret room run, just went around in that circle the whole time. We had to wait for repops a few times, highest chain we got doing that was 25.

But no I mean our whm went down to probably 750ish mp once in a while lol, but I checked rather frequently and he was almost always 800+ mp. Granted we weren't doing the highest chains but given that most whm's in that situation run out of MP at places, and they aren't even that good with giving us paralyna and blindna, this guy kicked ass. Just trying to give him props hehe. Props to Dannyboi

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Monks should always just bring like 3-4 stacks of eye drops, they are so dirt ass cheap

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Chidorii
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf
    Can you get paralyzed while trying to use chakra to remove paralysis? lol
    Yes, unfortunately.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Haven't really read this thread (about to start Limbus) but some accuracy gear and attack food fucking owns sushi with whatever build. The only thing Sushi really gives you is consistent numbers on Asura and little else. My last Monk party I outdamaged one Monk by 30k, the other by 10k and neither of them are really gimp EQ wise just sushi users. My accuracy comes from Shura Haidate, Togi, Kabuto, Peacock Chram, Minuet Earring and Tiphia Sting to bring me up to a total of +37 which is plenty. Anyone who tells you Shura Togi isn't worth it is a cheap bastard.

/agree Russta.

Also, once you convert everyone to meat dishes, have your bard start singing minuet + march instead of double minuet.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I'd have to agree that Shura is better than Osode in most xp situations. I've parsed against myself and shura comes out on top. I don't have a peacock charm, and am elf, so my lackluster accuracy without togi may have something to do with it. Also, I don't buy into using Genbu's Kabuto either. the STR and subtle blow from melee crown seems better to me. Furthermore, what is the obsession with byakko hiadate in XP? Yes, the dex and haste is nice, but if you're lucky enough to have a black belt like I do, and have a good mage that hastes, you really dont need them. Shura pants are godly, get some milage out of them.

Byakko's are good, depends on your setup, I like the haste+crit setup being a Mithra my DEX is really high so I can get a lot out of Osode+Byakko's, then I have +20% Haste in gear so I swing fast with Haste and/or March II and +7-27 Acc + full H2H merits means I won't miss alot, plus if you could count the DEX from Haidate and Osode you get +13 Acc so you'll have a total of +40 (ish) max when I use Berserk. The only time I would consider using Shura Haidate over Byakko's is with double March + Meat food.

It's all preferance although I think that Shura Togi would be nice to get...But I can't afford it =P I'm not cheap though, just kinda affraid of breaking it, and the AF+1 would be good only for the +6STR (cause it's only 1 less then Enk's and Enk's are good >.>) so you could keep them on without losing too much damage, never been much of a Chi Whore for MNK though =P

Enks are horrible. Stick with OKote.

Okote are horrible, I'd rather stick with AF1/2