Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mnk Gear     submit to reddit submit to twitter

If okote are horrible what's redeeming at all about af2?

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Haven't really read this thread (about to start Limbus) but some accuracy gear and attack food fucking owns sushi with whatever build. The only thing Sushi really gives you is consistent numbers on Asura and little else. My last Monk party I outdamaged one Monk by 30k, the other by 10k and neither of them are really gimp EQ wise just sushi users. My accuracy comes from Shura Haidate, Togi, Kabuto, Peacock Chram, Minuet Earring and Tiphia Sting to bring me up to a total of +37 which is plenty. Anyone who tells you Shura Togi isn't worth it is a cheap bastard.
    Shura is cheaper then SH on bahamut now lol

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    If okote are horrible what's redeeming at all about af2?
    the price?

Thought you said you weren't cheap

What Atk food would you recommend?

Hedgehog pies or Red Curry depending on availability and your gear setup.

I'm not cheap, just not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Denchi
    What Atk food would you recommend?
    Hmm, Yellow Curry and Bison Steak do me well, Red Curry is expensive but awesome if you can afford it, Courel (sp) Subs work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Well since I've purchased my Okotes they've increased in value by about 1000%, so I'm not sure what's so stupid about having a pair...

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Well since I've purchased my Okotes they've increased in value by about 1000%, so I'm not sure what's so stupid about having a pair...
    I have my reasons for not getting them, O.Kote being 3.5mil is rediculous when I can use AF2 for free, I don't plan on lvling SAM or NIN either. I don't use af2 for most merit PTs, and I'll stick with Enk's until I can get Alky's or Pallas's. Besides, I'm glad I kept them(or haven't gotten Alky's...yet) cause I can use them on my WAR.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

As to byakko "not being that great"...

Haste is the only stat in this game that does not have diminishing returns. Increasing haste will linearly increase your damage output and never taper off. Essentially, str/atk = potential, haste = output.

The one thing greater than any other for damage and damage output is your dmg/delay ratio. Martial arts at 75 is a 300 base delay. With standard haste gear you can get that into the 270s, then stack on haste spell and a march or two. Suddenly you have the highest per-hit damage of all 1h weapons (and better than most 2h weapons too) at the speed of a dagger.

I gaurentee if you setup two monks with the exact same gear/merits/food/weapon, give one of them shura and one of them byakko, the one with byakko will parse higher.

Haste is the only stat in this game that does not have diminishing returns. Increasing haste will linearly increase your damage output and never taper off. Essentially, str/atk = potential, haste = output.
    Ive always said give me a person who bashes Byakko's Hadaite and Ill give you a person who doesnt own one.

The one thing greater than any other for damage and damage output is your dmg/delay ratio. Martial arts at 75 is a 300 base delay. With standard haste gear you can get that into the 270s, then stack on haste spell and a march or two. Suddenly you have the highest per-hit damage of all 1h weapons (and better than most 2h weapons too) at the speed of a dagger.
    Stop reminding me that a MNK can hit harder then me, and twice as fast. ><;

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Actually I own them, and I've had them since you probably even knew what Zilart missions were. Alleya, your argument is wrong because you say "standard haste gear" and I'm saying just byakko's hiadate. Losing 5% decreases your overall output yes, but not by much (what, 30 delay or so?), but the increased accuracy and damage from shura I think would outweigh it (haste doesnt do you any good if you miss, and STR+5 goes a long way in Asuran Fists). Furthermore, I said I own a black belt and am usually hasted 100% of the time, meaning I have +27% haste anyway. Doesn't haste cap out at 30% or something? Not sure about that. I plan to parse out shura vs byakko fully, but in my last merit party my overall damage went up by about 30 per mob when I switched to shura midway.

So few monks these days realize that monk works best when balanced. You don't go all accuracy, or all STR, or all haste, or all attack. You balance everything, and that's how you get the most of your abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius
    Actually I own them, and I've had them since you probably even knew what Zilart missions were. Alleya, your argument is wrong because you say "standard haste gear" and I'm saying just byakko's hiadate. Losing 5% decreases your overall output yes, but not by much (what, 30 delay or so?), but the increased accuracy and damage from shura I think would outweigh it (haste doesnt do you any good if you miss, and STR+5 goes a long way in Asuran Fists). Furthermore, I said I own a black belt and am usually hasted 100% of the time, meaning I have +27% haste anyway. Doesn't haste cap out at 30% or something? Not sure about that. I plan to parse out shura vs byakko fully, but in my last merit party my overall damage went up by about 30 per mob when I switched to shura midway.

So few monks these days realize that monk works best when balanced. You don't go all accuracy, or all STR, or all haste, or all attack. You balance everything, and that's how you get the most of your abilities.
    you can macro in shuras for asuran fists. gg.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese
    you can macro in shuras for asuran fists. gg.

as for asuran fist...

if you only want to see a high dmg asuran fist... you'd prob use +20 dmg kuckles or relic >.>;

though you'd get a high asuran first... destroyers DoT is alot better besides relic...

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

It increases your DOT too! Sorry, I didn't realize people who post on BG can't read between the lines! Let's all bash each other, say gg, and not respond at all to the topic at hand!

*Goes back to KI which ironically has more intelligent people posting on it!*

Shura vs Byakko is preferance, you can use both effectively, but which one you keep on during the fight is down to gear and sometimes race too, I've parsed higher with Byakko's on using Shura just on WS, I have 20% natural Haste and I'm not exactly throwing away STR/ACC/ATK to get it, aside from that my Crit rate is fucking nuts, I sometimes do 3-5 crits IN A ROW, all doing 150-190 damage each then let's not forget I'm swinging like a fucking maniac.

IIRC Haste caps out at around 50%, not 30, that means you can get a full Haste set up and shave 175 DLY of your attacks (with Destroyers), making you swing as fast a Beestinger (ok maybe not), and incase it is wrong and there is a cap of 30%, which I doubt then you shave off around 83 DLY (maybe my maths is crap and I did this quickly) still making you as fast as a single sword swing but hit harder then a great sword.

If that isn't overpowered I don't know what is.

Edit: Also with only 20% natural haste + Haste + March II you should be near cap at around 40%, another March song will put you at 50% cap. You can use 3 slots for haste, only 1 of which is purely devoted to haste (being head OR feet) while the other 2 increase damage or accuracy and crits (I believe DEX adds Accuracy). This still allows you to get around +40 accuracy or +40-50STR or a good balance inbetween while still maintaining a solid attack speed.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya

ok first off, 2hand weapons with the current damage formula are a joke, they are completly broken and not worth mentioning. The fact that a war/nin can equip a 1 hand after using a great axe, and hit for 75% of the gaxe dmg per axe AND get 15% haste makes 2hand just silly.

But more importantly, as to the hyadate argument, haste does have diminishing returns, in speedkill parties often you are not getting enough attack rounds in to get enough bonus attack rounds, everytime you engage and disengage your delay is reset.

Hyadate by themselves give you one free attack every 20 rounds (bad) now if you get haste thats almost down to every 5 rounds (good) then add on BB and you have 28% haste thats 1.5 extra rounds per 5. if you belive in dex accuracy then the acc is about the same, if you don't then your pretty much forgoing attk food to wear these.

SO basically I'm saying hyadate > shura is only true if the following statements are true.

a)you belive in dex accuracy
    b)you are getting haste consistantly

or if for some reason this is true

a)the mobs are alive for 10+ attack rounds

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    hyadate
    butchered :3

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz