Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mnk Gear     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Mnk Gear

I've just recently got a hold of some more gear for my 75mnk. It's not all mine... unfortunately... but a few friends are taking breaks and I'm holding onto it for them. I got scorpion harness, kirins osode, peacock charm.

I guess I'm just wondering (this LS website has so much traffic lolz, sorry if the questions are too n00b) why the hell is there such a fuss about peacock charm for mnk? I was in KRT last night and we all had peacock charms on but like.... does it really help that much? I didn't see much of a difference at all, if anything my damage was slightly down from using spike necklace. i do eat sushi, but that brings up another point. I tried eating hedgehog pie and wearing scorpion harness, peacock charm, optical hat, shura haidate, so +37accuracy, and I still missed like crazy. Asuran would rarely hit everytime and it was just frustrating. Sure I hit for a little more than when I eat sushi, but my DoT is far better with sushi. So am I just a gimp mnk that misses too much or do we get the best DoT with sushi, which would render peacock charm/scorpion harness pretty useless with the accuracy bonus. So now I just wear Osode and Spike necklace and eat sushi.

Is there anywhere where peacock charm would be useful? I'm just trying to figure out why the hell this thing is 19mil on ifrit.

Oh and osode isn't that great for mnk either..... it's kinda lame. My Asurans in KRT usually land in the 1000-1100 range which is alright I guess. but I'd like to be doing 1300+ more consistantly. I have Destroyers,Optical Hat,Flame Ringx2, Foragers, mermans,minuet,Shura haidate,fuma suna-ate, brown belt, Ochuido's kote,peacock charm/spike necklace. Tips on gear would be tight, thanks.

/bored inbetween classes
    ~Denchi

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Wow...just wow. Get a parser.

Osode not good for monk? Sushi better than atk? Jesus fucking christ. People like you give monk a bad name.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya

Osode not good for monk? Sushi better than atk? Jesus fucking christ. People like you give monk a bad name.
    If you think he sucks so much, how about not being an arrogant prick and show him what YOU think hes doing wrong.

yeah I want a parser......

I'm just commenting on what I've seen. as far as hit % and damage Osode isn't getting me much more DoT as my scorpion harness.

I'm not saying I'm right, far from it, I want you to prove me wrong lol, give me some tips.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

SH is fine to melee in. Osode is the best piece period for WS damage. Asuran fists picks either str or vit as the modifier for each individual hit. The more you balance those out the better you're going to do.

Just looking at your numbers go by isn't going to tell you shit about your dot, btw. Adding x amount of atk or x amount of str will never show a significant difference unless done in the 100s or 20s, or unless the addition puts you in the next highest dmg center (which you'd have to be pretty gimp to begin with to be hitting mid or low on bones in the first place). The difference can only be seen by the parser.

The same goes for atk food. Pumping atk should be the #1 priority for monk in exp. The more you overwhelm the mob's def, the easier it is to hit at the top of your curve. Hitting at the top of your curve is incredibly important, especially for monks that have destroyers and h2h merits. The higher your weapon dmg, the more atk you need. Your base str + whatever str gear you have (I reccomend triumph earrings, at least one) + the str from food will be plenty to trump the vit on bones. This is also something that will probably only be seen by the parser, and takes very good gear balance to pull off properly.

Since you have a bard you can probably put more str into your Ws macro. Ie, enklados/pallas/whatever bracelets, shura kabuto, etc. Also, get a friggin warwolf belt -.-

yeah I want a parser......

I'm just commenting on what I've seen. as far as hit % and damage Osode isn't getting me much more DoT as my scorpion harness.

I'm not saying I'm right, far from it, I want you to prove me wrong lol, give me some tips.
    Keep on doing what you're doing Denchi. Alleya fails at a little think we like to call "Life" and thus his opinion is null and void. I dont know how many people Ive converted to sushi over so many numerous occasions, when I just completely owned them on the parser.

Couple of things first, do you have max crit % merits, do you have capped h2h merits? What gear are you using? Do you change gear depending on what self buffs are on? Finally how do you play MNK?

first off, with the above and less acc then you (unless you count dex acc lolz) I have around +27 (with around +35dex)which for me is enough acc to hit consistantly in KRT.

The only thing wrong with you is that you expect so much from Osode, it is the best body piece for MNK (some say shura is for TP'ing but I don't agree), since it increases so many stats. It sounds like you aren't setting up your gear very well depend on the situation.

couple of things, use focus and berserk seperatly, I know most MNKs use them together but I feel it's a waste. Set your gear macros to change depending on what buff you use at the time

for focus ditch around +20 accuracy and use those slots for +str +atk +whateverthatisn'taccordexbutnotsomethinguseless

For berserk increase your acc (yes that means use sniper's) and str (usually only slot that you should do this in is the hand slot and possibly head).

this means your performance stays consistant and your damage doesn't vary much, since bones are VT it's good to keep your max str as high as possible while adding atk or acc to keep your damage good.

I always find a good haste set up to do the best damage in KRT, always have a BRD with you and experiment with gear choices until you find a setup/style that suits you

Sushi is fine for most types of exp but in KRT the mobs are suck low level that you can get by with +str food a little acc gear and h2h merits. When I exp in sky or u.range I never use attack food because the loss of tp/asuran damage isn't worth the extra atyack. But in KRT those bones are much lower level and losing the acc boost from sushi doesn't seem to hurt as much.

Quote Originally Posted by mademine
    Sushi is fine for most types of exp but in KRT the mobs are suck low level that you can get by with +str food a little acc gear and h2h merits. When I exp in sky or u.range I never use attack food because the loss of tp/asuran damage isn't worth the extra atyack. But in KRT those bones are much lower level and losing the acc boost from sushi doesn't seem to hurt as much.
    this isn't true, you can use sushi in KRT and not worry about falling behide on damage because the brd is prolly playing double min, just that the meat eaters will have to change their set up a lil to accomodate for that. Good thing about Sushi in KRT is this - shitty mages that don't -na you, you dont have to worry about being blinded with sushi and you don't have to worry about dying and losinh 2,30hrs worth of food

as for exping elsewhere with the right set up (usually the same as krt) you can use meat anywhere and still do awesome damage, meat is actually recommended in places outside of KRT where it's better to sub /nin and not get raped after you pull hate

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleya

If you think he sucks so much, how about not being an arrogant prick and show him what YOU think hes doing wrong.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Couple of things first, do you have max crit % merits, do you have capped h2h merits? What gear are you using? Do you change gear depending on what self buffs are on? Finally how do you play MNK?

first off, with the above and less acc then you (unless you count dex acc lolz) I have around +27 (with around +35dex)which for me is enough acc to hit consistantly in KRT.

The only thing wrong with you is that you expect so much from Osode, it is the best body piece for MNK (some say shura is for TP'ing but I don't agree), since it increases so many stats. It sounds like you aren't setting up your gear very well depend on the situation.

couple of things, use focus and berserk seperatly, I know most MNKs use them together but I feel it's a waste. Set your gear macros to change depending on what buff you use at the time

for focus ditch around +20 accuracy and use those slots for +str +atk +whateverthatisn'taccordexbutnotsomethinguseless

For berserk increase your acc (yes that means use sniper's) and str (usually only slot that you should do this in is the hand slot and possibly head).

this means your performance stays consistant and your damage doesn't vary much, since bones are VT it's good to keep your max str as high as possible while adding atk or acc to keep your damage good.

I always find a good haste set up to do the best damage in KRT, always have a BRD with you and experiment with gear choices until you find a setup/style that suits you
    Well said... Alleya take some notes how NOT to be an ass... :D

Sole sushi+1

all attk gear + haste gear for TP up

STR for WS!

TP up
    weapon: destroyers
    range: Tiphia
    head: shura
    neck: spike neck
    ear1+2: mermans
    ring1+2: rajas, assailant
    hands: B. kote / melee gloves (subtle blow..)
    body: shura body
    back: foragers
    waist: b.belt
    legs: byakko's haidate
    feet: Dune boots or fuma?

WS
    head: shura / genbu's / melee crown
    ear1+2: triumphx2 or w/ cassie
    ring1+2: STR+5 x2 or mix with VIT+5
    hands: (boost with af then switch..) alky.
    body: Kirin
    legs: Shura
    feet: rasetsu / melee
    (everything else the same...)

well just my opinion... hope it doesnt suck that bad --;

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AwakendSoul
    head: shura / genbu's / melee crown
    Genbu trumps the other two head over heals.

lol, Melee crown is very arguable, it's a very nice piece

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I agree with AwakendSoul.

In KRT, you are blinded frequently and will need the extra accuracy.
    However, acc food + atk gear >> atk food + acc gear.

With a bard you will always have 2x minuet which is more than enough to keep your STR to ATK ratio even.
    2x minuet + atk food is overkill and your accuracy will take a hit especially if you are trying to hit consistent 1100+ asuran fists.
    Vs the bones, consistency isnt a big deal nor should it be a problem but if you want to be "good" you gotta pass the "Lemure" test, that means keeping the chain past Lemures every single time even when blinded and this is probably where sushi is more useful than atk food...

I suppose if you were a taru and were a little short in the STR department an Osode may be more usefull there.

(oh well, these are just my observations from the many mnks i've pt'd with in krt)

I have Maxed Crit merits and 2 merits in H2H. Gonna work on capping H2H next.

Thanks for the input guys. I suppose I'll do some parser tests today and see what I can come up with :D

But umm... why warwolf belt?

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

5 str 5 vitality, 5 dex for ws.

Asuran fists modifiers are 50% str OR 50% vit. It picks one for each hit. You HAVE to balance str and vit to get the most out of the WS. Stacking one can only hurt you.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Macro AF gloves for WS, the enhance boost effect adds something like an additional 60 ATK over boosting with Ochiudo's. Quest or buy some STR earrings. Save berserk/focus just before WS, as long as you have more mobs after the one you're fighting.

As far as Genbu's Kabuto > Shura Kabuto, Asuran is really random on it's modifiers. My highest Asuran in KRT was with Genbu's, and my highest Asuran in Sky was with Shura. Also my highest Asuran on TWTBWW was with Genbu's.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Not that there's particularly anything wrong with macroing AF gloves, but the boost bonus only acts on the first hit. Just adding delay and lag by switching gear a thousand times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast