Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Eh... 3war brd rdm whm (yea you need the three mages ;/) gets like 9-10k an hour there. More then enough for me to be happy.
    BRD + WHM + 4 Melees works fine for us. gogo 12k/hour!

For normal EXP I usually will find a replacement for myself if we're not making more than 5k/hr.

Back on-topic, simply adding new dynamis is enough to make me happy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they added more stuff to sea and perhaps change the drop rate on Deed / Virtue.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

What's going to drop in the new dynamis zones, AF2+1?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Janeru
    What's going to drop in the new dynamis zones, AF2+1?
    I don't think anyone knows more than what was said on POL

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/information/1128.html
    New features will also be released in accordance with the new areas.

-New story developments
    -New items that can be used to improve relic armor
    -New items available only in the new Dynamis areas
    -Relic equipment and ancient currency that players could earn in previously released Dynamis areas will also be available in the new areas

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I can always speculate Z.Z but if it's relic+1, what will be the purpose of regular relic gear? I guess maybe you'd have to get the normal piece first to be able to upgrade it...? hmm

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

just make a change where people get exp each kill in dynamis

that would solve a lot of griping, just make it like 70exp/kill, in 4 hours...thats a lot of exp :D

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun!
    just make a change where people get exp each kill in dynamis

that would solve a lot of griping, just make it like 70exp/kill, in 4 hours...thats a lot of exp :D
    Or make it so that you don't lose exp in dynamis. That would be nice.

Or make it so that you don't lose exp in dynamis. That would be nice.
    I think it would remove the danger of Dynamis, if you were constantly able to die without worry. Would make alot of death pulls and other things easier...and without consequance really if things went bad. Everyone would eat their R1s and you could get back on your merry way. I just think by adding a certain amount of danger and consequence to wiping, you make succeeding feel that much more worthwhile.

LazyShell
    BG Level

lol exp zone competition was crazy last night. 7 Parties in Uleguerand Range, like 6+ parties in sky, 2-3 parties in sea, couple parties in bibiki bay, KRT was packed to the max, and even kuftal had like 3 parties waiting on ladon pops.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Ulegard range has been a great camp for me, I dont know anyone who i've invited there who didnt like it. Most moves are avoidable by utsesimi except for stun which I dunno (eats random amount of shadows? no idea im no ninja tank). I usually take NIN + 2 WAR + me(rdm/whm) + whm + smn and we're fine. I guess you can replace the SMN for another WAR, and me for a BRD, either way we've had fine exp. There's 1 camp I know of, you can pull as many mobs as you like and you'll never get a molech, so you lazy wars who dont like turning around can still xp.

As for sea, i've been getting fine exp the last few days with friends, on aerns. We do roaming aern parties. Me(rdm/whm) and 3 friends , 1 MNK/NIN 1NIN/WAR 1WHM/BLM(who we had come as whm/thf once for drops ) did fine, clearing every single pop in the room and we were just sitting and waiting before we decided to make it a roaming party. nd chain on Ghrah's(dont bother with Euvhi's, their def is too high to bother chianing with). MNK/NIN with flame gorget doesnt do a crappy asuran.

Aerns are EASY to exp off, I dont know why people are so worried about their WS's, they're also very easy to know once you fight about 10 of them.

Sword Aern - Glacier splitter - frontal AOE + Paralyze
    Dagger Aern - Dissouverment(sp?) 1 target + Poison
    Aural wind - Cone AOE + Silence.
    etc.. their TP moves arent retardedly stupid, they're fine, heck they even have a move like Erase that takes place of a TP move, which makes everyone happy since it's not a nasty damage move. By far easier than golems. Pretty much, unless you got yourself a meleeing RDM or WHM, you wont have a problem since everything is avoidable, last time I did get in the way and got silenced, it wears off pretty fast too.

Another things Aerns have is Reraise, which is AWESOME when chaining! It's like, these mobs were soly made for the fact of getting merit parties (weak TP move/Reraising for higher chain/Average defence)

If the RDM subs whm and isnt a moron, you should have no problem with healing, WHM + RDM/WHM = great healing combo. MNK/NIN + NIN/WAR = great damage combo. We cleared 1 room with 4, we even got chain6, if you cant do this with 6 people i'll be really dissapointed in the fact you got sea and didnt even bother trying to exp off these(but just randomly bash instead). Aerns are weak to magic, yes, but they're not bad at all on melee. They dont walk around casting protect and utsesimi or blaze spikes, they're easy on the debuffers, and their defence isnt exactly great (even the ninja aerns tend to hardly cast utsesimi once they're "ninja"). Have a go on them, they're great. They're also extremly easy to debuff, I can debuff them most of the 85% of the time even wearing dalm instead of AF1 body.

Back on topic,
    As for the update, I'm excited for Dynamis, meh about the rest merits, more curious about the new spells in merits for next expansion really , curious to see what's happening to MPK since I dont want my pets dissapearing on me when I'm trying to XP/Farm/Mission on my BST.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BS, lyra's shellbuster is a bonafied Kraken

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I want general mage merits of clear mind and conserve mp.

Heck throw conserve mp on new WHM AF2+1 (if it will be there). Throw conserve mp on all mage stuff.

Xavier

Its looking like a really good update, hope it comes out smoothly today(?) I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice

Heck throw conserve mp on new WHM AF2+1 (if it will be there). Throw conserve mp on all mage stuff.
    Conserve MP is blm trait...so no touchies

Clear mind merits would be cool though, because all mages get them (I think...I know blm and smn get it)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice

Conserve MP is blm trait...so no touchies

Clear mind merits would be cool though, because all mages get them (I think...I know blm and smn get it)
    Auto regen is a WHM trait..... and everyone has that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Autorefresh is SMN ability and all AF2 has that >:O

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lasitha
    Autorefresh is SMN ability and all AF2 has that >:O
    Actually it doesnt, because it stacks with SMN refresh...

as far as Conserve MP goes, if I could merit that, I'd cap that shit out first. It has got to be one of the most underrated traits in this game (other than Resist Virus). My penis tingles every time I cast Thundaga3 for 50 mp. Only probem is it fucks with my usage of ugga pendant, but I'd manage.

It has got to be one of the most underrated traits in this game (other than Resist Virus).
    BLM/WAR? Not until the plague ability has Resist Virus been even remotely useful....and even now it still sucks 90% of the time it activates on a WAR.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    as far as Conserve MP goes, if I could merit that, I'd cap that shit out first. It has got to be one of the most underrated traits in this game (other than Resist Virus). My penis tingles every time I cast Thundaga3 for 50 mp. Only probem is it fucks with my usage of ugga pendant, but I'd manage.
    lol... I agree. I went to a merit party (admittedly crappy setup) at Nexus yesterday. I thought we were doing weapons so I brought /DRK for stun/VIT goodness. End up at statues instead and I ran out of mp CONSTANTLY whereas on /BLM I'm usually a bottomless-pit-of-mana whore.

Conserve MP is more of a "luck" thing I imagine, and most tests over time have shown it to be around 7%...but I swear it "feels" like so much more than that.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    It has got to be one of the most underrated traits in this game (other than Resist Virus).
    BLM/WAR? Not until the plague ability has Resist Virus been even remotely useful....and even now it still sucks 90% of the time it activates on a WAR.
    it was sarcasm...

it was sarcasm...
    Horribly done sarcasm at that.