Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Help, My Linkshell Is Driving Me Crazy!

I am one of the leaders of an end game linkshell. We're not a top HNM linkshell nor are we all noobs at end game. We're a middle of the road average HNM linkshell. We have killed Kirin lots of times, killed some of the king HNMs, camped/killed other HNMs, have done things in sea, and have beaten all the Dynamis areas but Xarcabard.

Dynamis has become a problem. Many people in the linkshell want to get one or two weapons upgraded while others want to sell the currency for gil to split between members. I favor getting an upgrade done because it would be a nice accomplishment. Others say that this is not fair to the rest of the linkshell because the gil earned by selling currency would buy us a lot of other nice things for everyone instead on a few elite members.

The argument has torn us apart to the point where I feel that breaking the linkshell and leaving the game may be my only solution to get away from it.

I want to know how other linkshells deal with these kind of stresses and problems and how they end up divying things so they at least appear to be fair.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Solution: Make people who want to upgrade pay for Dynamis.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

The people upgrading already do pay for Dynamis. A million gil is pocket-change for most people.

E. Body
    BG Level

I'd tell the members who want to sell currency, if they want gil, they should go camp cassie. There are 2 reasons as to why Dynamis exists:

1. AF2 armor

2. Relic weapons

Upgrading a relic may not be as worthwhile as say, spending 400 million gil on your LS and pimping them out with all the auction house gear, but you did not setup however many runs you did for the purpose of making money. There are other, quicker and less painful ways of making 400 million gil, such as farming sky or camping money HNMs, but there is -no- other way of obtaining relic weapons.

If your active member with high attendance wishes to upgrade a -useful- relic, then I believe he has the right to do so, afterall you are an endgame LS and not a money LS. If anyone threatens to leave the LS because they are dead set on being against relic upgrades then don't let them leave, just kick them.

Just make sure that whatever relic is upgraded, it isn't some piece of shit like axe or club.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Adverge
    The people upgrading already do pay for Dynamis. A million gil is pocket-change for most people.
    If a million gil is pocketchange, wtf is everyone doing crying about selling currency for gil?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    If a million gil is pocketchange, wtf is everyone doing crying about selling currency for gil?
    What he said.

If people are looking at dynamis as just another moneymaking machine for the LS then they're really just not 'getting' dynamis. at all.

It's nice having dynamis all to your own linkshell but if people are resisting what is the more reasonable option (let people upgrade their relic) then you should probably give it up and create a more standard dynamis linkshell with out-of-ls participation. Rule bitching (almost) ends there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I agree with everyone else's standpoint, and just tell your LS what's up, and if they don't agree with your decision kick whoever doesn't. They should be looking at was is beneficial for the LS as a whole as an accomplishment, not their individual selfishness.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by Adverge
    lol did you even read the first post? the problem is that all the gil will ultimately go to one person to upgrade a relic weapon, which will cost somewhere around 400,000,000 (which isn't pocketchange)

by the time a dynamis linkshell earns 400,000,000, if they are splitting it equally among... i dont know let's say 30-35members (thats an average amount i'd guess) each member would be entitled to approximately 12-14million gil. 12-14 million gil isn't pocketchange.

Pool all the currency and sell it to the person(s) who want to upgrade the relic. Then distrubute the gil paid for the currency to the other members. People wanting relic get relic weapons (provided they go out and farm a little) and your LS makes the gil they wanted.

I understand you want to just give the upgraders the currency but thats a 400m (roughly) item. They shouldnt get something like that for free. Actually providing them with a constant stream of currency should be enough to show your gratitute toward them for being in your LS.

The upgraders might not have that kind of money but they should realize they they want to get one of the rarest items in the game. They are gonna have to make some sacrafices if they want it, and farm their ass off.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

use the the BoL method and give your currency to the leader who rarely logs on for dynamis, other than to level his GS, and sponsor it from LS bank

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuo
    by the time a dynamis linkshell earns 400,000,000, if they are splitting it equally among... i dont know let's say 30-35members (thats an average amount i'd guess) each member would be entitled to approximately 12-14million gil. 12-14 million gil isn't pocketchange.
    over the course of a year(which it will take) 12-14M gil is pocket change. and don't forget the person upgrading is paying the 1 M entry fee once or twice a week, allowing the others free shots at relic.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Keyten
    Pool all the currency and sell it to the person(s) who want to upgrade the relic. Then distrubute the gil paid for the currency to the other members. People wanting relic get relic weapons (provided they go out and farm a little) and your LS makes the gil they wanted.

I understand you want to just give the upgraders the currency but thats a 400m (roughly) item. They shouldnt get something like that for free. Actually providing them with a constant stream of currency should be enough to show your gratitute toward them for being your LS.

The upgraders might not have that kind of money but they should realize they they want to get one of the rarest items in the game. They are gonna have to make some sacrafices if they want it, and farm their ass off.
    that's how my LS does it, although instead of selling that person the currencies at market price (around 20~40k a piece) we charge him 10k per piece, also help him find people who are willing to trade for the currency type needed

personally i think that should be a fair enough system most "end game" people would agree on... and if someone doesn't, you should politely suggest to them about finding a money ls instead of an endgame one

Relic Shield
    BG Level

TO add to my earlier post, as I understand it, you need almost 60 people to take down animated weapons, because you have about 10 seconds to kill them before they leave, so you can cut that even split down by about 30 more.

It doesn't cost a dynamis ls 400,000,000 to upgrade a relic(in opportunity costs, yes). It might cost an upgrader that much, if they buy outside currency to expediate the process.

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    It doesn't cost a dynamis ls 400,000,000 to upgrade a relic(in opportunity costs, yes). It might cost an upgrader that much, if they buy outside currency to expediate the process.
    It costs a dynamis linkshell beaucoup hours, and time = money, and in FFXI, time = sanity also. Double whammy.

IMHO you do linkshell dynamis for currency, to help your members who want relic weapons. If you want af2, just join someone else's shell instead of starting your own

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I think it's widely accepted that it takes about one full year of one LS doing dynamis to get enough currency to upgrade a single relic, yes? Someone tell me if this is incorrect.

By that logic, you could as an LS earn potentially 400 million gil in one years time (about - given current bazaaring standard).

Most dynamis LS have around 40 people attending each run on average. But for the sake of some fun lets say, hell - 20 people show up every dynamis for a year and you earn 400 mil in currency.

400 mil / 20people = 20 million gil per person per year.

20,000,000 / 365 = 54,795 gil per day. (not saying you do dynamis every day, this is just what it comes out to per diem average).

Go farm 2 stacks of silk and you're good to go.

Honestly people who attend sponsored dynamis runs should be happy with what they get - lotting rights to AF2. For those who don't have sponsored shells, but rather pay per entry, if you cant afford to burn 30k once or twice a week you should probably spend time farming anyway instead of doing dynamis.

It seems like dynamis, relics, all that - nothing but a big time sink and money pit really. If you're an HNM shell that does dynamis, upgrade a relic you think may be useful (cough, horn). If not, hell find a solution, there are tons of em. Sell to members indiscriminantly, sell to one person, have people sponsor your runs, who gives a damn. The monetary aspects of dynamis are nothing but abyssmal.

Hard to believe that endgame players will whine about not receiving their 50k/day.