+ Reply to Thread

Long Read, but insightful.

Anyways I know I give the wow advocates shit for this kinda thing, but this game isn't even out yet and I am not trying to convert people (at least not too much). If I had to pick a game that will revolutionize the MMORPG world, it would however be this one... It may not be the most graphical looking game but it will certainly have more flavor in the customization element. This company has been making MUDs for years and are very famous for them, roleplaying and player uniqueness is their specialty. Anyways why am I posting this here... well at least in the first few questions they address some universal MMO conventions and give people insight into the mind of a developer and how real MMO development really works which is something a lot of people seriously lack in their critisisms of games. Anyways read it or don't read it, personally I found it interesting.

Hero's Journey Interview

If by chance, you are intriqued by the game and wish to learn more their website is found here:

http://www.play.net/hj/

I particularly enjoy reading the Q&A sessions from MMORPG.com however most all of it is pretty interesting.

So anyways if you feel this is not FFXI forum worthy my apologies, I just figured it indirectly applied in the context of some of their answers. If you want to move it I wouldn't be insulted in the slightest.

I fail how to see this is insightful... its more of a plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    I fail how to see this is insightful... its more of a plug.
    It may not be the most graphical looking game but it will certainly have more flavor in the customization element. This company has been making MUDs for years and are very famous for them, roleplaying and player uniqueness is their specialty
    Seems like a nice write up giving us a breif history of the company .... lets examine more

Anyways why am I posting this here... well at least in the first few questions they address some universal MMO conventions and give people insight into the mind of a developer and how real MMO development really works which is something a lot of people seriously lack in their critisisms of games
    Giving me an idea on what the article is about. I did read the article and found it interesting on what the company takes into consideration when they make a game ............. seems informative yet again

Anyways read it or don't read it, personally I found it interesting.
    So anyways if you feel this is not FFXI forum worthy my apologies, I just figured it indirectly applied in the context of some of their answers. If you want to move it I wouldn't be insulted in the slightest.
    Looks like he had no intentions of plugging anything, as a matter of fact he requested that it be moved in case it did not fit into the ffxi forum.

Jotaru

Your name ends .....