BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OMFG. DIABLOS, OMFG!!!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

OMFG. DIABLOS, OMFG!!!

New Summoning Magic and Quests

The thrilling climax to Chains of Promathia was finally reached in the July version update. Now delve deeper into the stories of prominent Chains of Promathia characters as you enjoy the new quests planned for release in December.

-New Summoning Magic

The quest to obtain an avatar long awaited by summoners will soon be available. The terrestrial avatar Diabolos made his first appearance in "Darkness Named," and now those able to defeat him at the height of his strength will learn to harness the power of dreams.

The Blood Pact abilities of Diabolos are quite unique when compared to those of other avatars. We have provided a list of Diabolos's abilities with brief explanations; however, we would like to allow summoners the chance to discover the full scope of these powers on their own.

-Diabolos's Blood Pact Abilities

Camisado: Deals physical damage.
    Somnolence: Weighs target down.
    Nightmare: Deals darkness elemental damage that puts all enemies within the area of effect to sleep and gradually reduces their HP.
    Ultimate Terror: Decreases attributes of enemies within area of effect.
    Noctoshield: Gives party members within area of effect the effect of "Phalanx."
    Dream Shroud: Enhances magic attack and magic defense of party members within area of effect.
    Nether Blast: Delivers a ranged attack that deals darkness elemental damage.
    Ruinous Omen (Astral Flow): Required MP: Caster's level x2. Uses all MP and reduces the HP of enemies within area of effect by a random percentage.

-New Quest

A new quest that brings players up against the might of the Wyrmking Bahamut will be introduced. The ruler of all dragonkind has previously only appeared in Chains of Promathia mission event scenes, but in the upcoming version update, adventurers will come face to face with Bahamut on the field of battle.

*These quests can only be undertaken after progressing past a certain point in the Chains of Promathia story. Also, the key items and normal items required for the quests "Mama Mia" and "The Moonlit Path" will not be affected by the introduction of the avatar Diabolos.

In addition to those mentioned above, several more quests are scheduled for release in the upcoming version update, so be sure to check the Topics section regularly for the latest details!

FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (12/12/2005)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Holy shit.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

omg

OMFG WE GET TO FIGHT BAHAMUT!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

OMG XD Tomorrow I'm gonna be all over that!

is the update even tomarrow? i thought it was just maintenence?

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

2hr is Demi, rock on.

Dream Shroud seems hax, MAB-ga and MDB-ga in one. Not only would that be great on mobs that do magic based AoE(Wyrms), but Blms are gonna love that BP.

Nightmare is hot. And if they go in level order, I believe Nether Blast will be the equivalent of the 70 BP, making it the only ranged magical one.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Ruinous Omen (Astral Flow): Required MP: Caster's level x2. Uses all MP and reduces the HP of enemies within area of effect by a random percentage.
    DEMI?!?!?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Update is tomorrow. OMG I'm so excited, I'm gonna get Diablos >:O. I got so excited I started shouting in vent XD.

I bet we wont be able to do it with 5 SMNs this time

LazyShell
    BG Level

prolly not, hes going to DEMI US and NIGHTMARE US ogod

edit, i just thought about this...
    this gives smns a REALLY good place in some exp pts.....

smn will be for manaburns what a bard is for meleeburn pts

Sea Torques
    BG Level

lolol, I wanna see how much DMG can we do with it's lvl 70 BP. What worries me tho is: If it's magical, then all my merits in accuracy and physical dmg will be worth for not as Diablos XD.

E. Body
    BG Level

Wow, Phalanx AoE and other cool shit from Diabolos. I want to fight Bahamut D:

LazyShell
    BG Level

i wonder if his perpetuation cost will be along the lines of fenrir, or the normal avatars or (ick) spirits. I hope hes a reasonable cost XD

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

this sounds badass

one thing though, bahamut better be fucking HARD, he is the king of the dragons, he should be the hardest thing in game.

probably and hopefully going to be a situation where you win when he is down to a percentage of health

diablos's 2hr brings in interesting ideas, will it work on HNMs/gods?
    can you use the 2hr to bring a super tough kirin to his knees? summoners are more and more powerful now, but rightfully so, Im glad diablos was the smn, this is looking interesting

E. Body
    BG Level

I can see it now, Bahamut will take 60 people to kill, FOR A FUCKING DARK CRYSTAL.

LazyShell
    BG Level

very much so. I'm thinking they CANT make NMs immune to it, because that would make the actual 2hr fairly worthless... the rest of the 2hours would be better to use. But, what they could do, is make the random percentage be within a range. And on higher LVL NMs, the range is smaller and of a lower percent. On lower level mobs, the range is wider and of higher percents. I could see that working without being too overpowered.

this mean 5 or 6 new rare/ex items for people who dont care/dont want a diabolos pact too :Q_____

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Well, I'm hoping the increase in the MAB and MDB is about 10%. Everyone likes less DMG on Hurricane Wing :D and More power to the thunder... or aero for Kirin .

LazyShell
    BG Level

Yeah, that one move could make or break diabolos's usefulness for a lot of situations. If its a good enough percentage, SMN for mages becomes what a BRD is to melee (for all fights, not just manaburn pts).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast