Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Posterboy
    Then maybe..... Sams should get something like GKT mastery, Drks, Scythe Mastery, etc which acts like Martial Arts/Dual wield
    i believe that's what 2 handed melees have been asking for.

the biggest example is how a WAR with fully upgraded Relic Great Axe still does Merits, Dynamis and Limbus as Dual Wield WAR/NIN.

and you don't have to do it exactly like that, there's two ways
    - increase two-handed weapon speed
    - increase two-handed weapon damage

let the Scythes and Greataxes hit for 200-300 a regular hit if the one-handed weapons (and fists) can hit for 100 per hit.

that'll balance the melees among themselves. than you can balance the melee with the mages by changing the TP system (which is a bigger problem than the 2 handed issue).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    it's now 12:33 AM in japan. Past midnight
    No cut scene in the Ru'Lude palace then, at least not by walking to that CS point they always used before.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

ya drk so balanced w/ soul eater kraken club raping anything.
    Before you tell me they can only do it every 2 hrs, we have our whitemages curebomb the drks at times too.

-,-

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slott
    ya drk so balanced w/ soul eater kraken club raping anything.
    Before you tell me they can only do it every 2 hrs, we have our whitemages curebomb the drks at times too.

-,-
    every DRK on your server has a Kraken Club?

overpowered items have very little to do with the job.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Slott, that takes 60-100 mil pending your server. That's not a valid argument lol.

I like last resort, I like SE, I like my job abilities, I like the job, I think it is a job that does great damage. But it sucks that I do more damage with /nin dual wielding axes in a safer way than I can hope to with /war.

Meh.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

our LS keeps 2-3, we hand em to dark on hnm :/

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Nice of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    So you somehow imagine that comparing a job trait effect (dual weild) on DPS to the DPS of a weapon unenhanced by a job trait is some sort of valid arguement? Thats about the stupidest thing I've heard and I read Killing Ifrit.
    Yes it is a valid form of argument, since it is commonly used! Warrior subs ninja and gets dual wield, ninja has it as a main trait, monk comes with martial arts traits to speed up their attacks. If having ninja main or sub wasn't such a common occurance, then it wouldn't be a valid argument.
    Then sub WAR and compare your damage with berserk to the WAR's damage with dual wield (and no berserk.) Again, this is a flamingly retarded argument if you think that subbing NIN and getting a DPS boost from doing it should be compared to a DRK with no sub getting no DPS boost from anything. You're not even willing to make sensible comparisons. YES if you gimp yourself you'll be shitty. Thats all you've proven. You're good at gimping yourself.

And you said it yourself, there are no job traits to enhance two handed weapons. This is very unfair to two handed weapon users.
    I didn't say that because it's not true. Soul Eater, attack up, Last Resort, Berserk, Store TP etc. etc.

The absorb-line as a whole is pretty much useless for anything other then a self-buff. Considering warrior has a much better choice in WS gear then DRK does, they have it better in that aspect.
    Berserk isn't a self buff? Dual weild is a group buff? Where was I that berserk got made to be a group buff and absorb made to suck because it isn't. Which by the way it isn't since it also debuffs the mob. Please don't tell me it's useless because I sure as shit know you want Frost cast on a mob and you're not going to complain when a summoner uses Fenrir, and spending 3 mil to get even +1 strength upgrading from a +4 ring to a flame ring is something melee feel is worthwhile.

For souleater, it is not possible to take full advantage of it in xp parties due to the large enmity grab and hp reduction while in use. It isn't practical. You think that only good DRKs use it for the full minute duration? That is just bullshit and you have a very skewed vision of what a good(or in the case that you mentioned, dead) DRK is.
    Oh, I SEE, it's TOO GOOD. You do so much freaking damage that you pull hate. I get it now, you're bitching because you do TOO MUCH DPS. I had it all wrong, I thought you were complaining about doing too little.

Last resort is a crap version of berserk in every way. It gives less of an attack boost, lasts for 30 seconds, and has an enmity spike! Saying that it should be like this 'so it doesn't copy warrior' is not a valid argument. Why have the job ability at all? The only use it has is to be used right before a weapon skill, which pales in comparison to the large increase in DoT and larger increase in WS damage that berserk gives.
    Again, it's not a valid comparison. It's no different than comparing Last Resort to Divine Seal. And again, if you want Berserk, sub WAR.

Considering the crap you've spouted, I don't see why this statement has any validity as you don't seem to know the DRK job at all.
    At least I can look at the job rationally. You have this "this job sucks" mentality shoved so far up your ass I'm amazed you can breath. You're not even willing to make valid comparisons.

E. Body
    BG Level

Thats great but kraken club costs 300million on my server.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Then sub WAR and compare your damage with berserk to the WAR's damage with dual wield (and no berserk.) Again, this is a flamingly retarded argument if you think that subbing NIN and getting a DPS boost from doing it should be compared to a DRK with no sub getting no DPS boost from anything. You're not even willing to make sensible comparisons. YES if you gimp yourself you'll be shitty. Thats all you've proven. You're good at gimping yourself.
    Only problem with subbing war is that you will get fucking raped and or laughed out of any merit party at 75.

But that brutal earring is a very nice piece, fixes a lot of problems with nin sub to get a 5% DA boost without subbing war.

Then sub WAR and compare your damage with berserk to the WAR's damage with dual wield (and no berserk.)
    So DRK at its best can only match WAR at its worst?

Again, this is a flamingly retarded argument if you think that subbing NIN and getting a DPS boost from doing it should be compared to a DRK with no sub getting no DPS boost from anything
    Again, those two are compared because that is what is out there. WAR/NINs and NIN/WARs constantly get a DPS boost, and DRK doesn't. Subbing warrior results in a significant loss in WS damage(WS damage is factored into DPS) and subbing thief results in a significant loss in per hit damage and the worst TP gain out of all the melee classes.

A ninja subbing warrior enhances TP gain, damage output, and WS damage all in one. A warrior subbing ninja enhances TP gain, damage output, and WS damage all in one.

I didn't say that because it's not true. Soul Eater, attack up, Last Resort, Berserk, Store TP etc. etc.
    None of those are job traits and they don't make up for a lack of a useful job trait considering those who have dual wield also have these useful job abilities.

Oh, I SEE, it's TOO GOOD. You do so much freaking damage that you pull hate. I get it now, you're bitching because you do TOO MUCH DPS. I had it all wrong, I thought you were complaining about doing too little.
    Here is where your blatent ignorance of DRK shows.

Let me explain this to you: Souleater has a huge enmity grab upon use of the job ability. So without even doing any damage, DRK already is one large step closer to being mauled by the mob.

Again, it's not a valid comparison. It's no different than comparing Last Resort to Divine Seal. And again, if you want Berserk, sub WAR.
    Last time I checked, Divine Seal didn't give +attack and -defense. Both berserk and last resort both do that with the intent of increasing damage output as a result of using the job abilities. Last Resort is just a lot worse then Berserk.

At least I can look at the job blindly.
    Fixed.

You have this "this job sucks" mentality shoved so far up your ass I'm amazed you can breath. You're not even willing to make valid comparisons.
    I only see what is out there. You're just spouting crap without even knowing the DRK job first hand.

destruction

why are you guys flaming each other over a kraken club and drks...and sorry hi im new! and wanna talk about what the post is actually about ~.~

So..has anyone found a new cs to trigger the quest for next bahamut fight im finding nothing ~.~

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Jesus fucking christ get this bullshit about 2handed weapons and dual weild and dark knights and your pussy hurting shit out of this fucking thread. I went to bed when this was page 11, and i had to sort through 3 pages of bullshit and i still haven't read what i was looking for. IF you want to talk about how melee's suck do it in another fucking thread. Keep this thread to talking about what it was fucking intended to do.

Get over it already...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeal

Get over it already...
    Come now Mikeal, I love a good argument when I see one. You should know me well enough by now. Though yeah, its better suited for another thread.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

What the fuck this is about Bahamut. lol

Where is second BC?

Again, those two are compared because that is what is out there. WAR/NINs and NIN/WARs constantly get a DPS boost, and DRK doesn't. Subbing warrior results in a significant loss in WS damage(WS damage is factored into DPS) and subbing thief results in a significant loss in per hit damage and the worst TP gain out of all the melee classes.
    So a NIN subbing WAR "constantly get a DPS boost", but a DRK subbing WAR "results in a significant loss in WS damage." See how fucking slanted your view of the job is? See how fucking retarded your comparisons are? Subbing WAR "REDUCES DAMAGE", but ONLY if you're a DRK. Give me a fucking break.

Subbing WAR HELPS NIN, it also HELPS DRK. It doesn't REDUCE anything about DRK. Lets also ignore the fact that NIN get weak WS so subbing THF for them isn't even an option.

Here is where your blatent ignorance of DRK shows.

Let me explain this to you: Souleater has a huge enmity grab upon use of the job ability. So without even doing any damage, DRK already is one large step closer to being mauled by the mob.
    I could count on one hand probably the number of times I, or someone else I've partied with, has pulled agro with soul eater. Calling it a "huge enmity grab" is utter bullshit.

Last time I checked, Divine Seal didn't give +attack and -defense. Both berserk and last resort both do that with the intent of increasing damage output as a result of using the job abilities. Last Resort is just a lot worse then Berserk.
    A fairer comparison would be to Warcry as they have very similar ATK boost, timers and hate generation. Even that isn't really valid because again, warriors get half a dozen abilities and some attack and defence up traits, dark knights get half a dozen abilites, better attack up traits and a whole bunch of spells.

So if you're going to refuse to accept that fact that, yes, it's harder to play DRK and you can't just hit a berserk macro every 5 minutes, you need to actually cast spells every once in a while too, then you can't play DRK and you really shouldn't be.

Save it for the DRK forums on KI where you can really go /emo with people of your kind.

Less of that shit, more of bahamut.

Any updates on the second match? Anyone try somewhere in sea maybe? Probably not likely, but I'll check around there tonight.

E. Body
    BG Level

There are so many things wrong with your argument FFXIflux, but I can't be arsed to argue, as this isn't the thread for it. I can't even be bothered to argue about it period, because its common knowledge that DRKs are gimp with 2 hand weapons.

I did level DRK to 75 and yes, I'm sad that I don't have a kraken or ridill but hey, instead of crying about it I just levelled ninja and samurai instead.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    So a NIN subbing WAR "constantly get a DPS boost", but a DRK subbing WAR "results in a significant loss in WS damage."
    Seems fairly accurate to me. The reason the statement is true is because of the attack speed of a ninja in comparsion to a drk, meaning the ninja gets more out of the increased attack and double attack than the drk does because of the rate at which he swings.

It comes down to two handed weapons being broken.

On Bahamut, nobody has really figured it out yet, as far as I know. Hopefully someone will find it though, would suck pretty bad if it needed another patch. I bet it could just be on like, an ENM timer or something, dunno.