Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level

OMG! Bahamut roaming around in Lufaise!

Ok now that I have your attention, I'm confused as to why Square-Enix feels the need to give us 1000 fellowship NPC fixes/updates/bullshit when there is content in the game which hasn't been fixed, I believe its called -Endgame-.

Perhaps Square-Enix's idea of endgame is NPCs that follow you around and do tachi enpi?

According to Square-Enix, the new player's in FFXI, their FFXI "career" will probably go something like this:

Start the game, RMT 20 million to be safe. Get level 75 along with sky access. Along the way to 75, he, as a BLM will find a HNM LS. With that HNM LS he will get to fight the gods in sky and obtain a few zenith here and there. Content in obtaining full zenith, you propose the idea of camping fafhogg to your LS, who has never done anything outside of Sky before. So once agreed, everyone gathers in Dragon's Aery alongside 4 other HNM Linkshells who all seem to be wearing Dalmaticas, full Koenigs and Full Adaman. Oh and the Adaman users seem to have Ridills too, so you wonder why they are there if they seem to be maxed out on fafhogg gear. Anyway, the first window opens and no pop, but some Paladin in your LS thinks its a good idea to flash a darter, pretending to be actually going for a claim. He links all the darters in the pit and dies, which you follow with "Hah! your drone earrings didn't save you there, huh bish?".

Next window opens, and zomg, Nidhogg pops, you win claim! You manage to get it to 90% (thinking you're doing really well) but you also have alot of casualties because people like the smell of Fiery Breath, they think it smells like their mom's cooking. Anyway, its down to 80% after you yell at everyone to stand "inside" you because you're one of the few who actually knows what to do. Then at 70%, in an act of god, somebody in your alliance calls for help, guess who? It was the same PLD with the drone earrings and life belt who flashed the darters earlier. Everybody starts to panic and one by one, you all start to fall to the ground. After a complete wipe, half of your LS homepoints and the rival LS with complete koenig, adaman and zenith begin to fight it. They kill it quicker than you can raise your remaining LS members in the pit.

Some people who were competing laugh at your LS calling you nubs etc, but you know better and try to calm the LS down in an attempt to raise their spirits for next time....For some reason, after raising your LS members, you notice their pearls have disappeared, you think to yourself "damn this is laggy", especially with the shout spam

"(martial abjuration:body) (Do you need it?) 50M"

but in actual fact:

YOUR LINKSHELL DISBANDS!

You then vow never to touch endgame again and level your NPC.

-----------------------------------------------

I don't know about you guys, but personally, I couldn't give two shits about the fellowship NPC, but SE seem to and its all I see in their updates. How about they focus their energy on FFXI's actual endgame problems before cluttering up PS2's memory with content most of their endgame userbase care so little about? Or maybe its just me, I don't know.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i like the NPCs lol

OMG WHERE"S BAHAMUT

You kinda lost me there for awhile but yeah...I really hope the next update offers some good (in many cases better than Sky and Kings) loot on the CoP Wyrms (to include Ouryu and Bahamut), and adds a few things to Sea. I mean...Sea offers a couple good weapons, basically the two best neckpieces, and several nice Limbus items already. It's not that bad, just needs a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    OMG WHERE"S BAHAMUT

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chambers
    I really hope the next update offers some good (in many cases better than Sky and Kings) loot
    Don't hold your breath. Most of us have been waiting for that for the better part of a year now. All the new content they throw at us, and when it comes down to it everyone still camps the 3 ground kings more than anything still. Kinda sad really.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

[removed broken image]

That's one of the reasons why I quit, endgame is not fun at all. When a game becomes a chore, time to move on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbelina
    That's one of the reasons why I quit, endgame is not fun at all. When a game becomes a chore, time to move on.
    MMORPG in general = chore

If you wanna bitch and can't take the heat, move on to something else in life.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon

Yo, Carbon.

You should be banned from using the care-o-meter for life because you used it in this topic.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I've used it before a couple of times.

Xavier

an mmo should be fun...thats a really lame attitude to just accept a game is more work than pleasure

What endgame really have you experienced Carbon? Dynamis Windurst is far from it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Just because I said it was a chore, doesn't mean it's not fun. And there is no such thing as 'end game.' If there was, and you did it, then you are done with the game, no? There is always something to be doing, you just have to find it, it's not going to come to you. If it bores you, well... either find it, or move on. No sense bitching and whining about it trying to get sympathy. Kind of like people that quit linkshells and bitch their way out and try to take as many people with them as they can. Just leave. Just because I wasn't fortunate enough to get into BG or some higher/more active linkshell early on in the game doesn't mean that I don't work at my things any harder than you do. I'm always there whenever someone is ready to do something. kthx.

And there is no such thing as 'end game.'
    Way to make things mean whatever the fuck you want them to mean, nub.

Go play Gunbound or something. At least RMT is legal and supported there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

lol ok fatality

lol.....

ok Kyron (RMT'd all 5 pieces of DRK JSE on remora)

edit:
    Removed picture. PM me if you wanna see it.

LazyShell
    BG Level

end game is what you make of it. i'm constantly finding new ways to actually enjoy the stuff SE is putting in, and i havent even had TIME to level an NPC (though i've wanted to, to some degree)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

In the real story, that noob HNMLS wouldn't even get claim. They'd pull darters + wipe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast