٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

So how about that Dynamis Qufim!

My first cynical impressions, not yet entering the zone :
    This zone is a joke, no subjobs = everyone raped, pld cant hold hate for shit, etc.

However

A Japanese person on my server was shouting for Dynamis-Qufim, and seeing how a) I'm a dynamis-nut, and b)The time he was shouting for doesnt conflict with manaburn, I decided why the hell not.

After entering and being in there for a while, you become used to the fact you have no SJ, blms dont go nuts and overnuke unless they're safe, everyone can go nuts on the mobs, PLD seemed to hold hate fine.. how? Curing OTHER people! And using Cover, flash, etc. There really wasnt a problems with the PLD tanking, just untill you have blms nuking for 1k .

Subjob problem - at first you feel weak as piss, but you get used to it. At first I was like oh em geeeeeeee but then i'm like Oh get over it. Everyone got over it in seconds, When a PLD lost hate and I did a big nuke, a RDM used gravity and a warrior voked it, you learn strategies really quick. Stuns = wowzers, DRK, BLM are great to have here. The only people who have problems keeping hate are ninjas, but really, if you hit 75 in FFXI and dont know how to be a DD ninja, shame on you. A good use for the ninjas is when someone pulled a train, the nin's would target 1 and pick them off the THF who pulled them, since thf has no shadow,s and they'd just hold them there.

The mobs -
    I was surprised to see Stirges, honestly >_> Obviously resist sleepga2, however, use elemental seal and they'll all be in bed faster than you know it. We ran into goblins and orcs, no yagudo at all. We also came across a Light elemental, and a train of snolls.
    Melee damage is fine on them, since the zone is smaller, it's safe to do sleepga2 > Melee zerg 1 > move onto next. Just a tip to blms , sleepga 2 will get you pwnt ;( So you'll need backup from a SMN buffing you, or another BLM sleepga'ing over you. BLM damage was awesome as usual, I had doubts weather my DynamisLS could do these zones, and I have a feeling they'll be able to get far at least.

Everyone WILL die or get a near death experience, because they're not used to having no SJ. Im used to soloing a stone with blink and stoneskin up, not moving from my spot, however this time I had to nuke > stun > run > Drain(if i got hit) > Run > Nuke again, much different from what I normally do.

At first I thought this was SE's idea of a joke, but I gave it a chance and it's actually fun testing your subjobless limits. People came up with strategies on the fly (like when we got the orcs, we took them to the pond and trained them around and around in a circle, picking them off 1 by 1 from the thief who pulled). The drops sucked ass, but we didnt kill many mobs, the JP's just stood there alot doing nothing at times, I didnt understand what they were saying so meh. If we killed more i'm sure more would drop.

At the end we got about 10 coins, and 0 AF2, I feel sorry for the sponsor, but, it's all experimental so it's ok. This zone seemed to be the "easy" zone in comparison to what I've seen in Dynamis-Valkrum SS's. However , we didnt get too far in it so dont count on my word

All in all, in 1 hour of confuzzlement, we got from the pond, to Delkfutt's tower, and then got booted, we didnt find a time stone.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/512/entry1rc.th.jpg

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4...ting3mi.th.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1...rges2ho.th.jpg

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/1...ond15np.th.jpg

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4...tele7us.th.jpg

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/3...rain3dr.th.jpg

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/7...noll5kf.th.jpg

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/3...face1rw.th.jpg

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/5197/dead8up.th.jpg

Demosthenes11

You mean, maybe these new zones are fun if people would stop bitching and actually do them!?!?
    nooooooooooooooooooooooo, never would have guessed it

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    You mean, maybe these new zones are fun if people would stop bitching and actually do them!?!?
    that's what people say about CoP Missions too.

it's not wrong but taking stuff away from people is a stupid way of going about manufacturing difficulty.

Xavier

You seem to miss the point in your sarcasam that nobody said they were going to suck, just that imposing restrictions for difficulty isn't the same as making something outright challenging.

Did anything else besides currency drop while you did it?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Nope, the JP's didnt really pull much, I think they were scared alot But a good thing is, currency seems to drop off pretty much anything there we got off a snoll, a bat, and vanguard mobs. Currency is completly mixed and random too, no AF/AF- though. I just might take my LS in 2 weeks time to see, we tend to get great drops in dynamis, depends how deep my pockets are

Demosthenes11

These new restrictions make you think before you do anything, especially as a blm. One bad nuke from a blm, especially during a monk mob, and he may cause a whipe. THF needs to know what he is doing, or else he risks wasting way too much time. pld must be good at their job. whm must be careful with over-curing...

It just makes each job perform at their best, how is that not challenging?

And as wierd as it sounds, I really, really enjoy the CoP missions. I am on 6-4 right now, and not only is the story great, but the BCs are a challenging experience that pumps my adrenaline. You guys can say how bad sea is all you want, but I still want it. You can exp there, finish CoP missions, do limbus, and maybe you will just get lucky and get that drop from the In'xearn (sp?)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I dunno, at first thought it seemed stupid, especially since the game was built around the sub job system. But now I think it might be a pretty fun restriction in my opinion.

In any case it'll force you to form new strategies for dynamis. I think that's a better thing than just upping the difficulty of city zones, essentially making it Dyna-Xarca over again.

What's been SE's way of making things tougher in the past? Xarca is just MDB and retardedly high eva and def. Or they could throw more mobs into the mix. DPS fights like KV or DL. Eh, this seems like a better change for scaling up difficulty than any of those. It's a far cry from anything else around. Unique encounters make a game?

I'm really looking forward to it.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

And as wierd as it sounds, I really, really enjoy the CoP missions. I am on 6-4 right now, and not only is the story great, but the BCs are a challenging experience that pumps my adrenaline. You guys can say how bad sea is all you want, but I still want it. You can exp there, finish CoP missions, do limbus, and maybe you will just get lucky and get that drop from the In'xearn (sp?)
    Sea doesnt suck getting there sucks, but sea = sex.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Good info were not going till Saturday, But doing Xarabard tonight wonder if droprates have changed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Sea doesnt suck getting there sucks, but sea = sex.
    no, Sea = suck.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Nope, the JP's didnt really pull much, I think they were scared alot But a good thing is, currency seems to drop off pretty much anything there we got off a snoll, a bat, and vanguard mobs. Currency is completly mixed and random too, no AF/AF- though. I just might take my LS in 2 weeks time to see, we tend to get great drops in dynamis, depends how deep my pockets are
    The whole problem is that currency is not going to be in greater supply...atleast with what I've read regarding the new dynamis zones so far.

SE made the demand for dynamis currency higher requiring AF2+1 to use it for upgrades, but did not up the supply.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    The whole problem is that currency is not going to be in greater supply...atleast with what I've read regarding the new dynamis zones so far.

SE made the demand for dynamis currency higher requiring AF2+1 to use it for upgrades, but did not up the supply.
    considering that a few LS's do it weekends in the evening, the fact that there are now 3 more zones to do this in means that there will be more currency coming in due to less scheduling conflicts.

And AF2+1 currency requirements are pretty low, sponsor a run and you should have more than enough to upgrade one piece.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by levish

considering that a few LS's do it weekends in the evening, the fact that there are now 3 more zones to do this in means that there will be more currency coming in due to less scheduling conflicts.

And AF2+1 currency requirements are pretty low, sponsor a run and you should have more than enough to upgrade one piece.
    Uh, it comes down to Square abandoning one system for another pretty much. The amount of currency needed to upgrade 1 relic weapon was so massive that any lack of currency in the market would all but ruin that kind of dream. Now instead of selling currency, people will horde it for themselves to upgrade all their gear. I don't think anyone is going to complain though, since lv 5 relic weapons have been outted as being worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I don't think anyone is going to complain though, since lv 5 relic weapons have been outted as being worthless.
    lol a bit of a stretch. Name one weapon with higher DPS than a relic weapon.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I don't think anyone is going to complain though, since lv 5 relic weapons have been outted as being worthless.
    lol a bit of a stretch. Name one weapon with higher DPS than a relic weapon.
    ridill

where were you when warriors w/ lv 5 relic great axe saw that dual wielding axe + ridill was far more dmg than the 400 mil weapon.

someone also posted saying that destroyers were close to the lv 5 relic weapons, and they're free.

its not a stretch to expect a year of farming dynamis + massive money to be the absolute best weapon possible...yet there are equal weapons already in the game and in some cases better that don't cost anything at all.

Destroyers>full relic

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by levish

At no point in time on my server has there ever been a time where every dynamis area was occupied.
    These new areas do nothing to bring extra currency into the market.

Black Belt
    BG Level

At no point in time on my server has there ever been a time where every dynamis area was occupied.
    you server sucks, didn't we confirm that the other day? it's happening almost every weekend on Bahamut and will only get worse.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

These new areas do nothing to bring extra currency into the market.
    ok point taken, however my shell did have a mistake in scheduling for a Dynamis Event.

We also do not have particularly large turnouts (nothing near 64) so at the very least this gives us more choices of where to go if we can go somewhere.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    you server sucks, didn't we confirm that the other day? it's happening almost every weekend on Bahamut and will only get worse.
    no, your server just has 500 people who find it necessary to do dynamis all at the same fucking timeslot.

theres a 72 hour wait between dynamis entry, and dynamis takes no more than 3 1/2 hours, alongside 6 dynamis zones, all of which can hold a max of 64 people. that means that at max, for every dynamis entry period, a maximum of (72 / 3.5 * 6 * 64) 7900 people can enter. I dont believe any server even has that many people who do dynamis, let alone that many people in total.

But hey, if your normally scheduled dynamis time is fucked, move it forward a day. If that doesnt work, move it back a day. There is no way in hell that every dynamis zone is clusterfucked 24 hours a day seven days a week.