Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

lol bst in pt sucks i have pimped ass DD /melee gear for my bst and man my dmg blows i had +46 acc + 15 str rampage for 350 tops -_- but then again i was /whm haha

Banned.

BG Level

/WAR or /NIN? With pet adding damage... try it someone. I don't think I've ever seen someone use pet in exp party as BST(Then again only partied with BST a few times).

Banned.

BG Level

[removed broken image]

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by thestalkmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    When RNGs got nerfed, tons of people complained. Did SE do anything? No.
    Lol @ thinking RNG's got ruined.
    In the context of computer games, a nerf is a change to the rules of the game that is generally considered to have a weakening or negative effect upon the affected object(s).
    Causing the accuracy and damage of a ranged attack to be based on distance from the mob had direct consequences on marathoned mobs, as well as in xp parties where the ranger would pull hate, and cause any sort of SA/TA to be lost as the mob walked around the room. It also forced the ranger to lose the added damage he would do from dual wielding 2 axes, or even axe + ridill (it was a lot in additon to a normal shot) since he could no longer be close enough to melee. Ranger damage is a lot less consistant now, yet they still pay the most money of any job to deal their dmg.

Nerf and ruined are different terms. Ruined can be described as "To harm irreparably."

BST didn't get nerfed though, they got removed from the game it sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    When RNGs got nerfed, tons of people complained. Did SE do anything? No.
    Rng in my LS who is nowhere near pimped out pulls out 1.3k+ slug shots on Ule demons and still outdamages blackmages and summoners on sky gods.

hi2u
    PALDEN IS GIMP AND HE HAS SEX WITH CATS.

But uh, the reason nothing was done about RNG and DRG was they really aren't horrible. Bo th can still function very well in exp parties and well DRG always sucked end game, but RNG doesn't completely suck.

I soloed 8,000 exp today. It took 4.5 hours (even with exp ring on for an hour) so thats about 2k an hour...on one of the easiest levels of bst (72-73). Pre gimp I was soloing 4k an hour. Nice. Very fucking nice.

Basically, to anybody who levels BST start to finish starting today: I salute you.

edit: i was lfp the whole time, and when I asked a mage to start a party I got the "BST is ment to solo, i'm sorry, I don't party with BST's"

Banned.

BG Level

LS mates ;o.

Zig is in my ls ;x (sorta)

edit: mixed up the two bst threads lol

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Beastmaster is over.

I hope Square-Enix learned their lesson.. DONT TAKE SUGGESTIONS FROM ALLAKHAZAM MORONS.

Banned.

BG Level

Beastmaster is over.

Yeah, don't try to work around it, that'd be gay.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

lol, ok, lemme put my flag up for 17 hours, with "Reward : O" in my comment, because i'm sure a tiny boost in reward is gonna fix my problem.

Oh wait lemme go try solo, cant do that anymore since my pet went poof, and now it's like playing ping-pong instead of beastmaster. Back and forth , back and forth yayyyyyyyyyy :D

Banned.

BG Level

I'm telling you, test out your ability. I'm sure you can kickass... once you do, SS and spam it everywhere. At the very least party with LS mates and make your own partys. Just to prove you wrong, I'll invite a seeking BST next time I make a party, if there is one.

SE probably will fix this, but until then, crying won't do much now will it. Just do something impressive.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Nonono I know we can still kick ass, but it's now very limited.

I exp alot with my THF friend (bst/nin + thf/nin) in Bibiki bay, but that's because we have the bunnies close by. However, if I decide to pull a bunny from the further section, Pet goes poof and changes con when re-appears. It's rough as hell trying to make all pets become even match after they're all tough, and now it's like being on house arrest, we're not allowed to leave the proximity of the pet's "home" or it gets zapped.

Do you know the range that a mob in FFXI can move now before it pops? No, not far at all, if it moves out of it's own WALKING range, it goes poof, that's just too fricking tiny. There are many complaints coming from parties in the boyahda tree too, they pull a crawler over the water, it de-aggros, they realize and try to re-aggro but it just dissapears off them.

I cant exp in ulegard range anymore, the bats and raptors dissapear on release. I cant do a Cape Terrigan BST pt anymore, nor even camp Kreuzet on my BST without the awesome Sand Lizards depopping on me. I cant exp the same way I used to in bibiki bay, because of reasons above. So now Im limited to using jugpets which are either

a)Too expensive to obtain because SE refuses to make them on a NPC like they did in the zilart expansion (only way to get new pets is slave and farm for hours).

b)Too weak, none cap at 75, and even though I have af2 gloves which enhance "Call beast" and raise my pet's cap, it's hardly anything noticable. The other day I took a diremite HQ pet, and summoned it with my AF2 hands, and it STILL whiffed like mad, it hit hard, but it whiffed more times than it hit, and this is just on VT weapons. Jugpet's levels are capped too low.

Banned.

BG Level

I still believe there is potential, in exp partys to say the least. I do not believe SE are going to keep it this way anyway.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I still believe there is potential, in exp partys to say the least. I do not believe SE are going to keep it this way anyway.
    If nothing changes by next patch, i'll have another 13m from my hauberk sale ^_^ add to that all my other BST shit. I just thank god I didnt pick the STR ring from CoP when I had the option, was tempting ;D

I wanted to lvl BST ;;;;;;

Sorry, BST in xp party is going to be one of these things:

1) if they sub nin, a gimp war without double attack or berserk or warcry or attack-up or the good pieces of war AF
    2) if they sub war, a thf without SA or TA or dual-wield
    3) if they sub whm, a melee whm without the higher-teir cures and the mp pool of a galka wearing 5 cassie earrings

I <3 my frens and I'll invite them to xp with me whereever and whenever even though it means "gimped" (aka, lesser but more fun) xp. Invite random bsts to pt? ........

http://ffxi.stratics.com/content/editor ... 2005_1.php

That's my contribution... I might send them a letter but i dunno.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    [removed broken image]
    Holy shit. That's just what happened on my birthday yesterday. /emo

Just kidding. I didn't have a birthday cake. lol

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I just noticed something ironic.

The only place in the game where mobs have giganticly enourmous roaming distance (where Released pets wouldnt get depopped) , is the only place where a beastmaster cant charm shit.

Al'Taieu.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news6256.shtml

Dec. 13, 2005 04:00 [PST]

Details on Current Known Issues (Dec. 13)

Since the implementation of the latest version update on Dec. 12, 2005, several gameplay and system related issues have been discovered. Solutions to these issues are now being tested. Players will be informed as soon as solutions are finalized.

The following issues have been discovered:

- The list of rewards for the "Waking Dreams" quest did not appear properly.
    * This has been addressed during the Dec. 13, 2005 3:15(PST) area maintenance.

- If the beastmaster ability "Charm" is used on a monster while the monster is disappearing because it was outside its normal radius, the monster may become invisible in some instances.
    => Although the pet monster may appear invisible, it will act like a normal pet monster.

- The help message that displays under "Party" within "Seek Member" in the main menu has not been updated to accommodate the change after the version update.
    => The resulting list is functioning as stated in the update details.

Following is an additional information which was excluded from the Dec. 13, 2005 (JST) Update Details:

- Wyverns will now have the equivalent of the job trait "Subtle Blow," reducing the amount of TP gained by opponents from the wyvern's attacks.
    [/b]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast