Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Let's try to get SE to fix bst.. ;x

Even if you aren't a BST, please try sending an e-mail (just copy and past mine if youre lazy)

Anyways, copy and pasted from my thread on alla:

It's quite apparent to me that most of you want this change to be different. We're happy with the whole no MPK thing yes, but not with our current lack of ways to gain experience points.

The proposed change by many is to have monsters simply go into a completely neutral state (no aggro or link) after being released or zoned. Well, here is how we send a message and what I sent (you can copy and paste if you want).

First of all, sending an e-mail (that goes to SE not playonline)

1) Log into playonline.
    2) At the screen with "Games", "Navigator", etc, click on "Service and Support".
    3) Click on "Support" to open another menu, then click on "E-mail Support".
    4) Click on "Comments and Suggestions"
    5) Click on "Open Form"
    6) Fill in all the information on this form, then click confirm.

Now, here is the message I sent (feel free to copy and paste if you agree with what I said):

With the most recent patch (Dec 12, /05) the "MPK prevention" very gravely effected a certain job, being beastmaster.

You see, the entire basis of BST leveling is dragging one monster from it's spawn point to another area in order to kill a tougher monster for experience. When the monster you are killing is nearly dead, you release your pet in order to obtain 100% of the experience points.

The problem is, now when you release your pet, it disappears and reappears at it's spawn point.

My proposal to fix this is quite simple actually. Rather then having the monster vanish and reappear, just have it go into a completely neutral state (non-aggro/linking) and walk back to it's spawn point normally. To show players that it will not be any trouble to them, you could change the monsters name colour during this state.

Please consider this, or another change, as BST has now been rendered unplayable for most of levels 35-75.

PS: Not only would this change benefit BST, but it would also benefit normal parties leveling near zone boundaries. Say you're leveling in garlaige citadel an somebody accidently pulls a train of bats. Instead of them depopping and having to wait 1-2mins for them to reappear, you could simply pull one from the train.

this is what i sent, but will probably do it again, everyday until i hear something:

Released pets are supposed to reappear the same as when they disappear if outside the radius. However this isn't true, my pets were Decent Challenge prior to release and when they reappeared, they checked as Tough pets. They were the same pet because only 2 spawn in the location and I tried it with both of them.
    This new bst release system is flawed and discourages many people from continuing the job/game in general.
    Why can't a mob thats aggressive just wander back to its radius in a non-aggressive status, rather than disappearing and reappearing differently be the solution?

I'm sure they will fix it after they fix sea.....maybe make it so your 2hr will make your pet invincible for 30 seconds or something. 8)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I'm not a BST, just asking an honest question.

Have you tried the new jug regen thing, or has it been tested and proven shit? Until I hear more about that from people on boards or in my LS I'm not gonna send anything to POL.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Posterboy
    I'm sure they will fix it after they fix sea.....maybe make it so your 2hr will make your pet invincible for 30 seconds or something. 8)
    Giving the pet invincible wouldn't help with anything... It doesn't solve any of the problems BST has now.

I seriously don't expect SE to do anything about this. This game has totally gone to hell.

When RNGs got nerfed, tons of people complained. Did SE do anything? No.

When DRGs got nerfed, tons of people complained. Did SE do anything? Yes, but more than a year later, and DRG probably still sucks anyways.

FFXI endgame has sucked for the past year, but has SE done anything? Slightly. They give us a new mission or two every few months and expect us to play around with that for a year. (Ex. Fellowship quests ... ) It took over a year to do something about the NM claiming system, but even now that sucks.

I'm holding out for the new expansion pack I hope something good comes along.

Setsuko

Quick! Post again just for good measure!

8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    I'm not a BST, just asking an honest question.

Have you tried the new jug regen thing, or has it been tested and proven shit? Until I hear more about that from people on boards or in my LS I'm not gonna send anything to POL.
    The tests I've read say zeta biscuits, the best food, gives regens back about 5-7% of the pet's HP... lol. One battle usually takes a pet down to 10%HP. Gaining back 400ish HP from food + another 6% from regen doesn't do much at all. You'll still be stuck with a pet that has maybe 35%.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    Quote Originally Posted by Posterboy
    RNGs didn't get nerfed, they just got fixed. Meaning not every RMT NA could become insanely overpowered after a measly trip to the auction house. They made the job require SOME skill, whereas before it required none at all. I do agree that RNG sucks now but it is still possible to put out huge numbers, but to me its not worth the hassle.

BST however, I don't think this is intentional, I'm sure it'll be fixed.

Have you XPed with a RNG recently?...umm they're FAR from nerfed. Seriously SE balanced them, they are NO LONGER what they used to be...but that is not a bad thing. Get the idea out of your mind that a RNG should be the end all be all DD. They're on an equal lvl, and can attack kited flying mobs now. Nothing nerfed about them anymore.

8=====>

BG Level

I don't think they intentionally wanted to mess things up with BST; however, I do think they DID realize that what they were doing was going to screw up the way BSTs EXP. I think they had the attitude of, "Screw it. Let's do it anyways."

Also, tons of people did complain when SE "fixed" RNG. People called it a nerf. RNGs can still function in an EXP PT. They can still deal DMG.

BSTs don't really function the way we used to. When we fight something, we risk either our pet or our exp mob despawning, or in some instances (Ex. Attohwa Chasm, pets are usually semi-far away from the antlions), both despawn. How would you like to fight a mob down to 30% and have it disappear? lol

i kinda think it isnt intentional but they know and realize what was going to happen. which is why they made a BST more party friendly. making it so they can use jugpets and not lose exp

8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thompkinsthebrian
    i kinda think it isnt intentional but they know and realize what was going to happen. which is why they made a BST more party friendly. making it so they can use jugpets and not lose exp
    Did you invite a BST pre-patch to your EXP PT? No, most people didn't. This patch didn't change the fact that a jug pet + BST can't really dmg an IT++ mob as well as a different job like a MNK or a WAR or SAM or whatever .

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Rng in my LS who is nowhere near pimped out pulls out 1.3k+ slug shots on Ule demons and still outdamages blackmages and summoners on sky gods.

hi2u

8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Rng in my LS who is nowhere near pimped out pulls out 1.3k+ slug shots on Ule demons and still outdamages blackmages and summoners on sky gods.

hi2u
    Wow. I didn't state anything about RNGs or how they do damage now. I only said that when SE "nerfed" them and RNGs complained, nothing was done. Read my post. kthxbye

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya

hi2u

yeah, he's missing w.body and w.head

Did you invite a BST pre-patch to your EXP PT if he was using a jug pet? No, most people didn't. This patch didn't change the fact that a jug pet + BST can't really dmg an IT++ mob as well as a different job like a MNK or a WAR or SAM or whatever .
    lol actually several times i have had BSTs in my party. but you are right about their DD abilities. though a pt of 6 BSTs using jugpets is no joke.

Did you invite a BST pre-patch to your EXP PT if he was using a jug pet? No, most people didn't. This patch didn't change the fact that a jug pet + BST can't really dmg an IT++ mob as well as a different job like a MNK or a WAR or SAM or whatever .
    lol actually several times i have had BSTs in my party. but you are right about their DD abilities. though a pt of 6 BSTs using jugpets is no joke.
    not really. Jugpets die too fast against IT mobs.

is there a timer on how much they can be used?

8=====>

BG Level

5min, without merit points. Each merit level thing can take 10 seconds off. Doesn't erase the fact that they're weak.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

6min reuse?

Im a 61 BST, and ive only use them once, they are far to pathetic for any use other than to get argo off of you (when they can hardly do that)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast