Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Merry Christmas!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Migard is really bad for RMT. The gil sellers bring more then 18 to every serket, and now we can't MPK them anymore either with trains. I wonder if bombs blowing up by them still works; I'd assume so.

It's the holidays...people like to give gifts to their game slu..errr friends. If you were smart, you could've made a bundle of gil if you'd bought Utsuemi:Ni, Erase, Tele scrolls, astral rings etc a month ago and sold them right now. Fun stuff indeed.

Prices will go back down (maybe not as low as they were though) after the holidays.

That 1m you spent for dynamis is destroyed, while the 5m in currency comes from gil already existing in the game. Dynamis deflates the economy rather than the other way around.

I'm pretty sure that barring the existence of a current gil duping scheme, the total amount of gil in the game is going down. Dynamis, limbus, consumables that are directly purchased or composed mostly of npc-purchased materials, high choco prices, desynthing npc-bought items for raw materials (leather belts, leather vests, silver/mythril earrings)...there are many major gil sinks in the game, and with npc fish prices being nerfed, exhaustion, and the booming fish economy one of the largest gil creation sources is gone.

So why are prices still going up? Well, just like in the real world where only a very small portion of "value" is backed up by currency, and an even smaller portion of that is backed by gold or silver, a very small portion of wealth in this game is backed up by available currency and that portion grows smaller every day. The actual existence of the currency to represent your wealth is irrelevant unless you actually try to cash out your items to gil.

Thus, a decreasing gil supply doesn't necessarily mean an immediate price depression.

That said, the wheels of inflation have all but ground to a halt on Asura, one of the worst inflated servers. Our Haubs hit 11m a few months ago, and havent budged since. Similarly, Verm/Royal has been 10m / 15m for 2 months, Harness 12m for a month, etc.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

WHERE is this gil coming from?
    SE produces and sells gil. How easy would that be for a company that doesn't give a crap about anything other than your RL money anyway? Just a thought. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    That said, the wheels of inflation have all but ground to a halt on Asura, one of the worst inflated servers. Our Haubs hit 11m a few months ago, and havent budged since. Similarly, Verm/Royal has been 10m / 15m for 2 months, Harness 12m for a month, etc.
    Ours halted for a month or two and is now going back up again. Haub's aren't that much but Vermy is about right and I think harness is getting there. Weskits are 6mil and climbing, behemoth hides I think are 9 mil, peacock charms 16, up 33% from like 2 months ago. Hell, staves have even gone up a ton. Ochiudo and Bando kote have doubled in 2 or 3 months and everything is still climbing. Dynamis currency I'm only seen for 50k and I dont' see ancient beastcoins in bazaars anymore, I guess 300k isn't a high enough price to keep them in stock.

Like, how can STAVES be going up in price? There must be more staves than there are players on the server by this point!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Unless you change the topic to Happy Holidays I might be forced to file a lawsuit against you for pretending Christianity is America's religion.

That sucks, at least there are alt. items to put in its place.
    They've taken the shit pretty far.

Yesterday I got a mailer from the USPS asking me to by holiday stamps, it had check boxes for hannukah, kwanza, and eid stamps ... but no christmas option. What the fuck is that?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Raivyn
    Unless you change the topic to Happy Holidays I might be forced to file a lawsuit against you for pretending Christianity is America's religion.

Yesterday I got a mailer from the USPS asking me to by holiday stamps, it had check boxes for hannukah, kwanza, and eid stamps ... but no christmas option. What the fuck is that?
    Racism (only you can't complain about it 'cause you're white).

umm, the default holiday stamps this year are either snowman sugar cookies...or The Virgin Mary with baby Jesus in her lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Russta

Racism (only you can't complain about it 'cause you're white).
    As my grandpa told me, and I quote. "I am going to say Merry Christmas and if you don't like it, get out of my fucking country!"

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Thaesus
    As my grandpa told me, and I quote. "I am going to say Merry Christmas and if you don't like it, get out of my fucking country!"

MERRY CHRISTMAS!