Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Diabolos broken...kind of.

Diabolos is not effected by -BP Timer equipment. Tested this in Qufim last night. With my gear, my BP timer should be 50 secs. It was 50 secs for all avatars except Diabolos. No matter what BP I did, my timer started at 60.

Not a major issue, but an issue none the less. The -BP timer gear is either expensive, or rare/ex and hard as hell to get.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does a Himmel Stock add BP delay for Diabolos?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I got a interesting test, has anyone tried Nightmare -> Sleepga2 -> Nightmare -> sleepga2 -> Nightmare.

I was told this works O_o

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I heard Sleep II/sleepga II overwrite Nightmare, but wear off instantly because of Bio effect...if it's stupid, it's retarded (but kinda logic).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I heard Sleep II/sleepga II overwrite Nightmare, but wear off instantly because of Bio effect...if it's stupid, it's retarded (but kinda logic).
    i never understood how something could be slept and also have a DoT, SE really didn't think this one through, since it would be i think the first time this contradiction has been established.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    i never understood how something could be slept and also have a DoT, SE really didn't think this one through, since it would be i think the first time this contradiction has been established.
    Well, wouldn't you consider it a nightmare if you were taking Bio damage and couldn't wake up?

lol that's why it's a special move. that was the only thing even remotely difficult about the diabolos fight in CoP mission was surviving nightmare.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Although an oddity.....

Nightmare will sleep and DoT undead mobs...figure that one out (not complaining btw).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    Although an oddity.....

Nightmare will sleep and DoT undead mobs...figure that one out (not complaining btw).
    Which undead mob? If it was a ghost, it's understanble as those are sleepable with black magic.

When my friend tried nightmare on a skeleton in Qufim, nothing happened.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Storywise, I don't have trouble understanding why diabolos use skill that deal damage while you sleep.

Battlewise, it's just how it was programmed. Don't need to think too much about it. Basically, it's an AoE that deal 2 status. One is a normal Bio, while other is Sleep 1 v2.01 where a few parameters were changed. It uses sleep icon and description but it's a different effect.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm just glad I can sleep people in ballista now even if they have poison pots on. Oh and I remember in the fight with him if you get hit with Nightmare you wont wake up so even more fun. I give it about 4 days before this gets nerfed btw.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

For the record the Bio from the Nightmare effect in Diabolos fight is 38hp/tick.

That's alot of fucking DoT (i think equal to Bio3). Can anyone check this on a normal mob? Shouldn't be hard to find something with 200hp and see if it dies in 6 ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Well, wouldn't you consider it a nightmare if you were taking Bio damage and couldn't wake up?
    lol good point. i'm no where near the diablos thingy, i think i'm on riv. B01 or something so storywise i'm clueless about the nightmare deal, just game mechanics i think is strange.

Kuno makes a good ballista point though, lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Basically, it's an AoE that deal 2 status. One is a normal Bio, while other is Sleep 1 v2.01 where a few parameters were changed. It uses sleep icon and description but it's a different effect.

I think Diablos' sleep could be considered more towards petrify/stun/immoblize even though it uses the sleep icon since it DoT's you and as such SHOULD wake you up. Although that's just me making an excuse for SE sucking.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It's in the sleep series since Sleep II overwrite it afaik. I don't see why this particular sleep should wake you up...it's not a rule or anything.

We could start complaining about goblin using 2 different WS named Bomb Toss but it's kinda pointless >_>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's in the sleep series since Sleep II overwrite it afaik. I don't see why this particular sleep should wake you up...it's not a rule or anything.

We could start complaining about goblin using 2 different WS named Bomb Toss but it's kinda pointless >_>
    Well... Sleep II will overwrite Horde Lulliby (done it a billion times in Dynamis), so it does not technically mean they are all the same thing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    For the record the Bio from the Nightmare effect in Diabolos fight is 38hp/tick.

That's alot of fucking DoT (i think equal to Bio3). Can anyone check this on a normal mob? Shouldn't be hard to find something with 200hp and see if it dies in 6 ticks.
    When I did it with 30SMN sub, the bio effect was extremely weak. It barely took off life from the lv0 mobs outside towns. When my lv75SMN friend tried nightmare on a crab in Qufim, it didn't appear that the bio effect improved at all. Definately not as strong as my Poison II.

The cool thing about Nightmare is that afterward you can put on 3 elemental DoTs and Poison II and watch something die helplessly.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    The cool thing about Nightmare is that afterward you can put on 3 elemental DoTs and Poison II and watch something die helplessly.
    Definately the best... btw thank you for the info about the tests

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

When you fight diabolos... from the few failed attemps that I remember log looked something like this:

Diabolos readies Nightmare.
    [everyone is asleep]
    Diabolos starts casting Sleepga II.
    Diabolos's Sleepga II has no effect on ...
    no effect on ...
    no effect on ...
    no effect on ...
    no effect on ...
    no effect on ...

You're sure Sleepga II overwrites it?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

Well... Sleep II will overwrite Horde Lulliby (done it a billion times in Dynamis), so it does not technically mean they are all the same thing.

Well, if Sleep II overwrite lullaby, it mean they ARE in the same series of status (ie: sleep series).