Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about SE's "MPK fix" and its affects on BST?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am unhappy with the new system. I wish it would be reverted back to normal.

41 19.81%
  • I think the MPK fix should be tweaked a bit, but is otherwise fine.

100 48.31%
  • I like the fix. BST should learn to deal with it and adapt.

20 9.66%
  • I don't care either way.

14 6.76%
  • SE ruined BST's method of EXP gaining so I am going to quit FFXI. Goodbye.

15 7.25%
  • I was tired of all those BST running around freely solo-ing their EXP anyway. Good job SE!

17 8.21%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: MPK Fix Opinions Poll     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level

yeah that part is true, if they did it like that, BSTs are still screwed.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    I love how so many complained about MPK not being fixed.. SE does something about it and those same people start bitching about BST. Sure BST isn't the same but surely there are camps where you can get a pet and exp mob close together. I know of a few endgame ones (sky and ifrit's cauldron I can think of several). And now BSTs should be allowed to camp where an exp party would if it provides good pets and exp mobs.. first come first serve. BSTs and others will need to adapt.. not JUST BSTs. BSTs are there first you can gtfo and find another camp
    Where?

I have seen other jobs show a bit of sympathy for BST, but "bitching?" I've seen more of the opposite. Non-BST celebrating this demise. MPK didn't need fixing for the most part. It's people that needed fixing (and still do).

In sky there are tons of areas where there are birds that are near the dolls you can use to fight. In Ifrit's cauldron there's this place sorta near Ifrit's zone where there are bats I've watched my friend charm bats there to fight the bombs in the same place virtually (same <pos> that's for sure). There must be more. To be honest.. I've not seen many BSTs try to go out and find new areas to fight other than follow the guides that usually have you dragging a mob from one side of the zone to the other.

In sky there are tons of areas where there are birds that are near the dolls you can use to fight. In Ifrit's cauldron there's this place sorta near Ifrit's zone where there are bats I've watched my friend charm bats there to fight the bombs in the same place virtually (same <pos> that's for sure). There must be more. To be honest.. I've not seen many BSTs try to go out and find new areas to fight other than follow the guides that usually have you dragging a mob from one side of the zone to the other.
    its not hard to adjust since there are more than one place to xp on bst, being in upper dlk tower it wasn't so bad. cape terrigan wasn't so bad either since lizards/rabbits are all around the goblins that you fight, solo that is, but you're screwed if you get a party to take lizards/rabbits to fight cocaktrices.
    other things that are screwed are Antlion vs. Tiamat

See.. solo-ing isn't bad. It's just the BST can't 18 man kill Tiamat any more as BST only. Which I think is kinda annoying.. Manaburns, BST only, SMN only type things are boring and not much of a challenge. Oh well.

Black Belt
    BG Level

See.. solo-ing isn't bad. It's just the BST can't 18 man kill Tiamat any more as BST only.
    yes, it is. and duoing, trioing is almost impossible.

Many of my favorite camps involve taking DC and EM monsters and bringing them several blocks across the map to the T-VT ones. Not every level range has a good BST camp where the pets and prey are all mixed in close together and there is a safe place to fight.

Old Merits
    BG Level

How about giving the release ability an added effect such that the monster doesn't run back to it's starting place for 2 mins or something and is non-aggro to everyone except the BST during this period.

voted 2

In my opinion SE fucked up. They will realize this and for the bst's that were effected this is awful, just wrong on so many levels. Its no reason to quit. Try other things, experiment with stuff, have fun, do stuff with friends, socialize, try to get rich, and if need be take a break from game. Its pretty much 95% sure that SE will change it again to compensate for there fuck up, which they know is what they did. Don't worry the idiots aren't retarded just lazy. I'd hate to loose bst's because it is already a rare job to find. So bst's of ffxi I feel your pain. I wanted to become a bst too. Its what ive been working towards but this pretty much ruined that dream for me. But its no reason to give up hope entirely thats all im trying to get across and I hope this all works out because I still wanna be a bst someday and make mandys and bunnys my slaves. ;P

fixed

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by angelkitty
    voted 2

in my opinion SE fucked up and will realize this for the bst that were effected its awful just wrong on so many levels but its no reason to quit try other things experiment with stuff have fun do stuff with friends socialize try to get rich and if need be take a break from game because its pretty much 95% sure that SE will change it again to compensate for there fuck up which they now is what they did don't worry the idiots aren't retarded just lazy i'd hate to loose bst's because it is already a rare job to find so bst's of ffxi I feel your pain i wanted to become a bst too its what ive been working towards but this pretty much ruined that dream for me but its no reason to give up hope entirely thats all im trying to get across and i hope this all works out because i still wanna be a bst someday and make mandys and bunnys my slaves ;P
    Couldn't bother to write more than one sentence?

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by angelkitty
    voted 2

In my opinion, SE fucked up and will realize this for the BST that were affected. Its awful just wrong on so many level. But its no reason to quit try other things, experiment with stuff. Have fun, do stuff with friends, socialize, and try to get rich, and if need be take a break from game. I'm 95% sure that SE will change it again to compensate for there fuck up which they know about now. Don't worry the idiots aren't retarded just lazy I'd hate to loose BST's because it is already a rare job to find. So BSTs of FFXI, I feel your pain, I wanted to become a BST too. Its what Ive been working towards but this pretty much ruined that dream for me, but it's no reason to give up hope entirely. Thats all im trying to get across and I hope this all works out because I still wanna be a BST someday and make mandys and bunnys my slaves ;P
    Awesome post, I feel the same exact way you do

thanks silverbreeze love your sig btw. But nivla was right I was tired and did crappy job of writing it but I edited it should be easier to read now.

Voted 6
    SUFFER LIKE THE REST OF US :D

Maintenance to solve known issues has come and gone, and not a word about this obviously known issue. All of the complaining us BSTs have been doing via email, phone, GM calls, forum posts, Etc theres no way that the effect this fix had on BSTs is not a known issue to them. They have simply chosen to ignore us.

I am now convinced that they did this shit on purpose. Know what I think? They totally wanted to rape BST from behind ever since the beginning, and wanted to do it as quietly and discretely as possible. Theres no other explination for completly ingoring the public's outcry. They could at least have adressed the issue in some way or fassion, but they're not touching it with a 10 foot pole. Its like they are waiting for us to forget it happened. We're paying them money to take this shit? Deep down, I'm still hoping I'm wrong bout this. I would not like to think that SE is truly such a shady company. I'm going to continue to mail SE daily demanding answers, I suggest those who are also dissatisfied with SE's actions to please do the same.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

They have that Event soon where we can ask questions right? If i was in USA i'd buy a ticket to go talk to them there, ask if the Development team actually play FFXI for reals , not just their test server. Alot of JP bst are pissed off too.

i want to MPK these stupid chip farmers when all i want is mediocre xp in PsoXja... i'll give you the fucking chips, let me xp.....