BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Holy crap, I'm really going to have to try this out, thanks for the info Orfeo, is there anything special you did that maybe I could relay to any BSTs I party with, equipment changes or something of the like?
    (Don't mean to single you out... but)

HAY GUYS REMEMBER THAT BLM DUDE WHYO WAS SAYIN SOMETING ABOUTT THE BSTS DOING THE PARTE THINGY? REMEMBER THAT GUY LOL?
    HAY GUYS REMEMBER THAT TIME THAT THEY DID A D.WEAP WITH BST!? LOL?

Yeah, moron. Orfeo did a D. Weapons party where you only need a BRD, 3 WAR, and a healer (BLM/WHM, RDM/WHM, or WHM/BLM)... That 4th spot can work for any other DD spot. Sounds like the WAR's you were with really lacked the damage because the only time I've ever seen any WAR in my LS do less then 700 rampage was well... 1% health left. Normally they do 800-1000 with them as high as 1600 (Literally 1601 actually).

BST/THF would be fun, but the problem is we're then replacing DRKs if your party can't find one. Not that I'm saying I don't want to PT with my BST but... Actually, I'm saying I don't want to party with my BST. I started it so I could actually get the fuck away from seeking for 09438504350943859034590430583490345890345904359034 90834590834083049890345890345 hours hoping for a PT.

Banned.

BG Level

HAY GUYS REMEMBER THAT TIME THAT THEY DID A D.WEAP WITH BST!? LOL?
    That wasn't even half as cool as mine.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chrysta
    i remember reading some forum before saying the jug pets gets the stats you have on your gear
    Nah. The main thing that's going to affect your call beast is if you have AF2 gloves. As an example, if I call out carrie with my 75 bst, my carrie is only about lv.73. With AF2 gloves, carrie will be lv.75. Little bit stronger.

Anything else said about gear affecting call beast is only speculation, and can't be proven really. BSTs do tons of tests, and from what I've read, one person will say something that completely contradicts what another person said who did the same test (example: call beast tests), if that makes any sense.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Orfeo said Moon, not Decos.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Orfeo said Moon, not Decos.
    Ok, even better. Chaining VTs still.

Banned.

BG Level

Moon at 72-73.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Moon is gay. I did sky pre-nerf with a fren peetee.

No jugpet, and I managed to pull hate a few times, but the warrior sucked ass.

PT : WHM RDM SMN BST WAR THF

Summoned carrie and got 60 xp in one fight, then I told him to piss off. Now it might be more decent, but carrie doesnt have subtle blow so helooooooooo whirl of gayness!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    /clap

Least you haven't bent over completely and given up on the job
    square-enix takes away rdm refresh and downgrades your enfeebling magic skill.

what are you gonna do now? That's how a lot of us feel right now.
    You mean, make RDM like what it was originally?
    Bst didnt have leave, it was added later
    Bst charm worked very different, they tweaked it later. (If a mob landed a critical hit, your pet would lose charm!)

so you mean, make bst like what it was originally? :X
    You said take away refresh and lower the enfeebling magic grade of RDMs. This would be like turning back time to when RDM didn't have anything, which I was referring to... your comment confuses me ; ;

excuse me but all i now about update with bst is now when you use jugs you get 100% xp. What else did SE do, because i didn't see anything that would nerf it accept mybe the new system to prevent mpk. Im gonna make bst my main in a few months and don't wanna bother if its not worth it anymore

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Re: BST in regular parties: Pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    However, when compared to the lesser dd's (thf, drg, drk) BST is on par, if not above them.
    I still haven't been outparsed by a war yet, and the other night I parsed against a war with 50+ merits (like me) and full af2 and decent gear.

On to BST...why Carrie? Wouldn't another jug pet work better? Crabs usually suck on the offensive, so don't you think a more offensive-based mob would do better? I exp'd with a bst the day after the update and he used DC bats, Panzer and Carrie. Carrie did the least (about half the DC bats, Panzer was in between those two) and the bst was talking up Lifedrinker Lars. Said he was hard to find but like 4x the strength of Carrie.

makes it harder higher levels cause your pet disappears once you release. meaning you have to go get another and sometimes that is a really long way away. thern you are without a pet to fight with and monsters all around

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Carrie is the most cost efficient jug pet, and also the easiest to find. You can't always find the synthesis materials or the jug pets on AH for the others. Take Chopsuey Chuckie for example.. hes like a lv.80something synth? Even if I had the materials to make him, getting HQ would be hard as hell.

Angelkitty, the way SE changed mob behavior with the whole despawning of mobs changes BST so that BST can no longer exp in certain areas or get chains. A good majority of leveling from lv.35-75 is charming a pet and dragging it across the map to EXP. After a battle, you would normally let the pet regen up some HP and recharm it. Pet food does very little for the pet's HP btw.

Now, when you release your pet, it'll despawn in mere seconds. Then you have to run across the map to find a pet again. Goodbye chain. Also, sometimes you would need maybe 2 pets to kill a mob at certain levels. You can't do this anymore without the risk of both your pet and EXP mob despawning. Well, in other words, if it takes more than 1 pet to kill it, then forget it.

A. Body
    BG Level

is it just me... or does that make BST seem like the old DRG before getting this new 2hr? lol

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by GRT
    is it just me... or does that make BST seem like the old DRG before getting this new 2hr? lol
    bst is the new drg. har har

what about staying in the pets radius where it walks around if you charm and release it would it still despawn and also i think SE is trying to get bsts to finally realize there potencial in a xp party, thats my guess anyway

SE doesn't realize BST potential in an EXP PT at all, if they did they would change BST to be more EXP friendly.

However, when compared to the lesser dd's (thf, drg, drk) BST is on par, if not above them. Give BST an invite and try it yourself if you don't beleive me, they do very well.

Ahahahaha, THF and DRG are lesser dd's. Not by my parser XD.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn
    However, when compared to the lesser dd's (thf, drg, drk) BST is on par, if not above them. Give BST an invite and try it yourself if you don't beleive me, they do very well.

Ahahahaha, THF and DRG are lesser dd's.
    That is a really funny statement lol. Actually, both are kinda funny statements, since it implies that DRK is a lesser dd lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    That is a really funny statement lol. Actually, both are kinda funny statements, since it implies that DRK is a lesser dd lol.
    I don't party with DRKs, so I don't keep up with their damage.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by angelkitty
    what about staying in the pets radius where it walks around if you charm and release it would it still despawn and also i think SE is trying to get bsts to finally realize there potencial in a xp party, thats my guess anyway
    Did you even read what setsuko wrote?

Ok let's look at this map for example :

Beastmasters, to fight manticores in a BST pt, would take the lizards from near the outpost, and take them all the way up to where cloister of gales is. Now, if we try this, pets go poof. And before you start talking about making us fight within the radius, it makes me realize you probably have never stepped on cape terrigan or even played this game to the higher levels to see a beastmaster cant stay within a shitty little radius to exp. We're meant for free roaming, not House arrest.

BST have always known their potential in a exp pt, it's when we charm the monsters around the map, and use them to exp, it's NEVER been about the jugpets. Some of my funnest exp pt's was in Kuftal tunnel when I charmed a Scorpion and took it back to the tigers. Very strong pet, not like the weak jugpets. Same for Boyahda tree, last time I had a party on the bark tarantulas, I charmed a pet from wayyyyy back in the tree and brang it with me. Now? lol, not anymore. The beastmaster of today has to play as if he's under house arrest. That's stupid.

Anyway, crosspost from my post on KI :

KI post:
    Today I joined a party on my beastmaster.

Party started like this :

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/5673/lolbst1wa.jpg

Ended like this :

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2659/lolrdm9ic.jpg

yes, I was told to change to RDM so the party can be better, and i wont lie, hasting all the melees was much better than having me and carrie in the party, with the mob spamming TP moves. Not only that, carrie was weeeaaaaaaak. They made me pull, and my carrie would come back with half health, and no pet food (and no amount of pissy regen fucking SE) can fix that. Once my pet didnt even make it back... Carries arent cheap either.
    Go go bst invites.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast