Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Diabolos gets OWNED! (video of fight, summon, and 2hr)

A lot of people have been wiping to this guy, so I hope you will find a useful strategy from the video. Just remember he has fairly low HP, and if you take Nightmare, or get put to sleep too much, it's all over.

Click

Please download it instead of streaming it.

KI
    Alla

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Interesting Video...

Few Questions about the strat.

I noticed the PLD went in alone and not in the party....and was only invited after he established hate. Does this prevent Diabolos from drawing the rest of the party in? I assume it does cause you never got drawn in, and was an exploit in the CoP mission that was corrected....guess not for this.

How did the BLM not get hate and be pulled in?

Was Nightmare and other AoE's unable to hit you up on the ledge?

Do you feel shame for using an exploit to win?

How do you sleep at night?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

It's not an exploit, you only get drawn in when you have hate, and invincible pots all hate on the pld. In order to prevent the mages from getting drawn in randomly when everyone has 0 hate at first, the pld is sent in first to establish hate before the mages nuke.

PS: You guys are making my bandwith go through the roof

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Diabolos Prime has an area draw-in effect? Works no matter what.

When I tried casting from up top after like 30 seconds he drew EVERYONE in. When we all fell down he never drew in at all.

Banned.

BG Level

vodo, a LOT of people click on this site and they like movies A LOT. So that is to be expected.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Question: Why such unbelievably crappy angsty teen metal shit music?

Eurobeat onry.

Edit: I had to skip through the video because of the terrible music, for fear of contracting some kind of compulsion to slit my wrists.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Explain why the PLD wasn't invited until he used Invincible then......
    Or does his link pearl look just look like an "!"

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

This video was worse than the WHM PL'ing a PT in the dunes.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    Explain why the PLD wasn't invited until he used Invincible then......
    Or does his link pearl look just look like an "!"
    I just answered that. God some people are lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodo
    It's not an exploit, you only get drawn in when you have hate, and invincible pots all hate on the pld. In order to prevent the mages from getting drawn in randomly when everyone has 0 hate at first, the pld is sent in first to establish hate before the mages nuke.
    I posted this in an effort to help people beat Diabolos, not to get flamed, which seems to be the default reaction by everyone to new threads these days.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    This video was worse than the WHM PL'ing a PT in the dunes.

I think the people that are losing are actually doing it with a normal party...

You can kill almost anything when you throw black mages at it. :/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

A) You manaburned it. I'll allow it.

B) You "bypassed" his party draw in, thus eliminating Nightmare, Dropping Tiles, etc from the fight...basically reducing him to nothing. Thats just low.

Nuke him to death? Fine. But be a man about it. Get down on the floor and slug it out with him. Further more, this strategy will only work for BLM and RNG. What would a DRG, MNK, THF, etc do? Last I checked..."to far" messages don't do dmg. If they did.....SMN would be way overpowered.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    Further more, this strategy will only work for BLM and RNG. What would a DRG, MNK, THF, etc do? Last I checked..."to far" messages don't do dmg. If they did.....SMN would be way overpowered.
    We had PLD RDM WHM BLM BLM BLM. The RDM only got off three or four chainspell thunder III's. The WHM didn't heal once because the pld was Invincible. Right there you have 2 free slots that you can put any job in. Because Diabolos has low HP, you might be able to eliminate the 3rd BLM, putting you at 3 free slots. By "free slots" I mean that there are three spots in the pt that you can fill with people whose jobs are really not that useful to the quest, and you can let the PLD and a few BLM kill it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Auralei

There are things that can go wrong, even with a BLM party. Took us four tries. The second and third try were complicated because we were forced to run a NIN instead of one BLM.

First time, we had 1 SMN/WHM, 4xBLM, 1x RDM/DRK. The RDM/DRK Chainspelled Stun pretty much from the start. Nightmare, however, is damn close to instacast.... we got hit with Nightmare at one point when the next cast of Stun went off a millisecond before the previous effect wore off, and *wham* Nightmare hit us. By the time Nightmare wore off, two BLM were dead and we wiped at about 2%.

Second time, we lost a BLM and substituted a NIN, planning on getting him down to about 60% before nuking. At about 70%, Nightmare started and people started dying quickly.

Third time, the NIN still had TP from the previous fight (98%), so the plan was to Weaponskill with Leviathan's Tail Whip, and Magic Burst while Chainspell-Stunning. Very start of the fight, Ninja hits him once to get TP, unleashes weaponskill and *nightmare* while he's at 99%. Again, by the time we woke up, most of us were damn close to death.

Fourth time, we said screw it, started with Chainspell-Stun, the Ninja weaponskilled, the BLM's burst. A Nightmare still got through, but enough damage was done in the intervening 30 seconds that a couple extra spells (BLM's using Manafont) killed him right after Chainspell wore off. RDM died, but it was worth it.

A lot of things can go wrong with this fight, there seems to be a reasonable amount of luck involved.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I did it with NIN NIN WAR WHM SMN RDM, and it wasn't too bad. Anything manaburned on that though isn't worth the recording time or bandwidth imo, but grats on getting the avatar.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by Auralei

There are things that can go wrong, even with a BLM party. Took us four tries. The second and third try were complicated because we were forced to run a NIN instead of one BLM.

First time, we had 1 SMN/WHM, 4xBLM, 1x RDM/DRK. The RDM/DRK Chainspelled Stun pretty much from the start. Nightmare, however, is damn close to instacast.... we got hit with Nightmare at one point when the next cast of Stun went off a millisecond before the previous effect wore off, and *wham* Nightmare hit us. By the time Nightmare wore off, two BLM were dead and we wiped at about 2%.

Second time, we lost a BLM and substituted a NIN, planning on getting him down to about 60% before nuking. At about 70%, Nightmare started and people started dying quickly.

Third time, the NIN still had TP from the previous fight (98%), so the plan was to Weaponskill with Leviathan's Tail Whip, and Magic Burst while Chainspell-Stunning. Very start of the fight, Ninja hits him once to get TP, unleashes weaponskill and *nightmare* while he's at 99%. Again, by the time we woke up, most of us were damn close to death.

Fourth time, we said screw it, started with Chainspell-Stun, the Ninja weaponskilled, the BLM's burst. A Nightmare still got through, but enough damage was done in the intervening 30 seconds that a couple extra spells (BLM's using Manafont) killed him right after Chainspell wore off. RDM died, but it was worth it.

A lot of things can go wrong with this fight, there seems to be a reasonable amount of luck involved.
    Finally some constructive posting.

The point is that although mages are very strong, they have to be supported. Chainspell/Stun is all luck in this fight because Nightmare is so fast that throwing a stun at him every few seconds is not necessarily going to keep him pinned down.

Another strategy you might try is using a SAM. Before I made that video, my pt wiped with a traditional fighting style with a setup of NIN WHM BLM BLM BLM BLM, but we had a SAM initially, but he left. If you let a SAM make light and have all BLM burst -ga III, he might have enough time to get off the 3rd WS to make Darkness (assuming the SAM 2hr'd) and let the blm -ga III again, assuming Diabolos didn't die from the first volley.

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nightmare is not fast at all. WTF at your gimp RDM. I'd be able to finish casting Dispel, he tries Nightmare, and I could stun it in time. Maybe your RDMs are getting their stuns resisted, thus Nightmare going off, but Nightmare isn't even close to insta-cast.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by sekaran
    Nightmare is not fast at all. WTF at your gimp RDM. I'd be able to finish casting Dispel, he tries Nightmare, and I could stun it in time. Maybe your RDMs are getting their stuns resisted, thus Nightmare going off, but Nightmare isn't even close to insta-cast.
    I don't know how your Diabolos behaved, but ours got Nightmare off between Stuns that were being cast every second. Even if Stun #1 wore off .0001 before Stun #2 was cast, that's less than a second before Stun #3 is cast, maybe 1.5 sec if the RDM was slow. We reviewed the chat log VERY closely after the first fight, and it's pretty damn obvious how quickly Nightmare is cast. None of those stuns were resisted .... We also compared notes with multiple RDM/DRK who had similar problems.

There is some discussion of Diabolos behaving vastly different at different times of day, moon phase, and health. Maybe your Diabolos behaved differently, but Nightmare is definitely fast cast, if not instacast. It's a hell of a lot faster than it was in 3-5.

Banned.

BG Level

I've stunned and have seen it stunned plenty. Its the exact same speed.