+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Why not buy some stoneskin torques?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Kind of like when BG officially declared JoL was broken, because they couldnt kill it, and JP's killed it a month later? Their dev team said it was killable and it actually was.
    we didn't all say it was broken because it was unkillable. some of us said that if the strategy was to throw more people at it, it wasn't worth killing.

and to my knowledge that has been the strategy that was used. there wasn't some JP revelation that allowed them to kill it with a realistic number of people (around 40-50 which can be easily used to kill every other mob in the game).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Kind of like when BG officially declared JoL was broken, because they couldnt kill it, and JP's killed it a month later? Their dev team said it was killable and it actually was.
    we didn't all say it was broken because it was unkillable. some of us said that if the strategy was to throw more people at it, it wasn't worth killing.

and to my knowledge that has been the strategy that was used. there wasn't some JP revelation that allowed them to kill it with a realistic number of people (around 40-50 which can be easily used to kill every other mob in the game).
    Anything that REQUIRES more then 18 isn't worth it in my opinion.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil

I was refering to here what I read :

Berticus: We popped Jailer of Love about a month and a half ago, with about 40 people, and we fought for 4 hours. We died to it. We got torn apart by it,. it was really hard. But our problem was that we couldn't damage it. We couldn't get it past 90-95% the whole fight. You know, with 40 people we threw everything we had at it, but it's autoregen sent it straight back up. We did a 1500 Chi Blast from 100% and it was back full in about 20-30 seconds.

Ondori: We estimated that the auto regen on Jailer of Love, is about 200-250 HP per second or per tick. And that seems like it might be bugged. Since sea is such a new area, we were hoping that in the latest patch that that was fixed, that the regen wasn't as strong. Do you know about that? Because there are a lot of people who are actually thinking about not popping it.

Sundi: We received a lot of GM calls and e-mail saying that it might be bugged. Again I honestly don't know exactly what's going on but, when we put in those zones a couple of months ago... There might be a way where you can fight with them, not just straight to them, but it could be that there's a way.

Ondori: It felt impossible.

Sundi: Well I don't think that's a bug. The response from the dev team regarding those players' comments...

Ondori: Maybe it was designed to be beaten a few months out, like right now not to be beaten but to be beaten in a few months with more gear and more additions having been added.

Sundi: Well the other players have those items. You've seen the other players with them haven't you?

Bikwin: We've compared with other LSes that have tried this as well and they died, they failed.

Ondori: We have a very large network of HNM LSes and no one gets it. And 2 LSes, us and one other group who has talked about popping it...

Sundi: What about the Japanese linkshells?

Ondori: We read on 2ch that a lot of them have tried it and they can't kill it either. One person made a fake post but couldn't post any screenshots.

Berticus: Our thing is, with 18 people to handle the adds, even with another 18 people, like 4 involved in tanking and 12, 14, 15 people involved in damaging it, we still could not damage it, it's just too fast.

Sundi: We have about 30 or 40 people on a Q&A team to check how strong all the monsters are. We also have an internal dev team Q&A, 18 people, that work for them. Before we release the patch, they test how, they like, actually fight it. They mainly are working for the Battle Team, so I'm sure that there's a way somehow. At least that Q&A team could beat it, right? If they couldn't beat it, we were not going to patch it.
    Also there were some posts about it in the JoL topic saying it's broken and you guys wont touch it till it's fixed.

Few months later JP's killed it and it wasnt impossible anymore.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Well, if using 40 blm to kill something isn't broken, explain me what it is

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Sundi: We have about 30 or 40 people on a Q&A team to check how strong all the monsters are. We also have an internal dev team Q&A, 18 people, that work for them. Before we release the patch, they test how, they like, actually fight it. They mainly are working for the Battle Team, so I'm sure that there's a way somehow. At least that Q&A team could beat it, right? If they couldn't beat it, we were not going to patch it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    the internal dev team octa-box.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    the internal dev team octa-box.
    jp tentacle monsters?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Anyway back on topic, Im guessing the elementals might be something more to do with the control of this NM's behaviour. That or NM's, but we didnt find any NM's when we went last time.
    I suggested finding the earth elemental in the area and killing it.

as for behemoth's dominion:
    theres not much there. a dark elemental, some snolls and a golem "boss", name started with an S, around 8 letters if you wanna check dats.

Also has anyone even went to Behemoth's dominion side of the map? All the reports so far stop at the tower to try and kill the gigas, im taking my LS to dynamis-qufim(if enough people show up this week, christmas and all) to see how we go. Not looking forward to a ton of blms without stoneskin but oh well :D
    We, killed kraken boss, water elemental, 2 sets of stirges, 2 sets of quadev, a set of goblins (by behemoths), the golem boss by behemoths (but not the dark elemental or snolls, we ran out of time), a set of snolls, a roc that split into 3, another elemental forget which and a blue eyed goblin replic which dropped a 100 coin. We ended up getting the 100 coin and some pathetic amount of single coins, like 25. I think we were over 60 mobs killed. Drop rate was 0-2 coins per mob, leaning heavily towards the 0, which is pretty aweful. No AF2, no AF-2, no items.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I would suggest that anyone trying Dynamis - Qufim again kills all 8 elementals before engaging Antaeus. After analyzing the Dynamis - Buburimu DAT files and finding that all the dragons which should be killed before engaging Apocalyptic Beast were in directly in front of this name in the file, I figured Antaeus might be the same. Lo and behold, the following 9 consecutive entries in the file:

Fire Elemental
    Ice Elemental
    Air Elemental
    Earth Elemental
    Thunder Elemental
    Water Elemental
    Light Elemental
    Dark Elemental
    Antaeus

There are also 2 Nightmare mob NMs, which seem to consist of a Snoll named Suttung and a Stirge named Stringes. Killing these two NMs might also be a key to killing Antaeus, as the 15 Beastmen NMs are in Dynamis - Buburimu.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Suttung is a Golem.
    Scolopendra is the Kraken NM, which you didn't mention.
    Stringes my group never ran into, though its most likely in the SE corner or the path to jeuno as my group never went that way.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Full DAT analysis, Wizerd style. I kept the order intact, as its found in the dat.

Warchief Tombstone
    Vanguard Grappler
    Vanguard Amputator
    Vanguard Backstabber

Warchief Tombstone
    Vanguard Trooper

Warchief Tombstone
    Vanguard Bugler
    Vanguard Impaler
    Vanguard's Wyvern

Warchief Tombstone
    Vanguard Neckchopper

Warchief Tombstone
    Vanguard Vexer
    Vanguard Mesmerizer

Warchief Tombstone
    Vanguard Pillager
    Vanguard Dollmaster
    Vanguard Grappler

Warchief Tombstone
    Vanguard Neckchopper

Warchief Tombstone

Warchief Tombstone
    Vanguard Footsoldier
    Vanguard Gutslasher
    Vanguard Predator
    Vanguard Hawker
    Vanguard's Hecteyes

Manifest Icon
    Vanguard Partisan
    Vanguard's Wyvern

Manifest Icon
    Vanguard Exemplar
    Vanguard Prelate
    Vanguard Persecutor

Manifest Icon
    Vanguard Sentinel
    Vanguard Liberator
    Vanguard Priest

Manifest Icon

Manifest Icon
    Vanguard Assassin
    Vanguard Ogresoother
    Vanguard's Crow

Manifest Icon
    Vanguard Oracle

Manifest Icon
    Vanguard Skirmisher
    Vanguard Visionary
    Vanguard Chanter
    Vanguard Salvager

Manifest Icon
    Vanguard Inciter
    Vanguard Persecutor

Adamantking Effigy
    Vanguard Vindicator
    Vanguard Protector
    Vanguard Kusa

Adamantking Effigy
    Vanguard Militant
    Vanguard Thaumaturge
    Vanguard Purloiner

Scolopendra (Kraken NM, nothing noticable as far as resistance went. Might of Hundred Fisted.)

Adamantking Effigy
    Vanguard Defender
    Vanguard Hatamoto
    Vanguard Constable

Adamantking Effigy
    Vanguard Beasttender
    Vanguard's Scorpion
    Vanguard Mason

Adamantking Effigy
    Vanguard Vigilante
    Vanguard Kusa
    Vanguard Drakekeeper
    Vanguard's Wyvern

Adamantking Effigy
    Vanguard Beasttender
    Vanguard's Scorpion
    Vanguard Protector
    Vanguard Defender
    Vanguard Mason
    Vanguard Minstrel

Adamantking Effigy
    Vanguard Vindicator
    Vanguard Constable
    Vanguard Thaumaturge
    Vanguard Undertaker

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Pathfinder
    Vanguard's Slime

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Welldigger
    Vanguard Necromancer
    Vanguard Maestro

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Pitfighter
    Vanguard Dragontamer
    Vanguard's Wyvern
    Vanguard Hitman

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Smithy
    Vanguard Armorer
    Vanguard Enchanter
    Vanguard Shaman

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Ronin
    Vanguard Tinkerer
    Vanguard Ambusher
    Vanguard Alchemist

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Dragontamer
    Vanguard's Wyvern

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Necromancer

Nightmare Snoll x8

Nightmare Roc x3

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Welldigger
    Vanguard Enchanter
    Vanguard Necromancer

Nightmare Snoll x4

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Maestro
    Vanguard Dragontamer
    Vanguard's Wyvern
    Vanguard Hitman

Nightmare Snoll x12

Suttung (Golem NM, High magic resistance, even on MB)
    Goblin Replica (Mini Stat that popped after Suttung was killed, HP/MP refil)
    Goblin Replica (Mini Stat that popped after Suttung was killed, HP/MP refil)

Nightmare Roc x3

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Smithy
    Vanguard Shaman
    Vanguard Pathfinder
    Vanguard's Slime

Nightmare Stirge x4

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Tinkerer
    Vanguard Ambusher
    Vanguard Alchemist

Nightmare Stirge x15

Stringes
    Goblin Replica (I believe these will pop after Stringes is killed, like Suttung)
    Goblin Replica (I believe these will pop after Stringes is killed, like Suttung)

Fire Elemental
    Ice Elemental
    Air Elemental
    Earth Elemental
    Thunder Elemental
    Water Elemental
    Light Elemental
    Dark Elemental

(These elementals all appear in various spots of the map, but they may be tied to Anataeus due to their postion in the file.)
    (Note their listing is identical to the elemental order, fire beats ice beats air beats earth etc)

Antaeus (Gigas NM that fucks you up hard)

Goblin Replica

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Welldigger
    Vanguard Maestro
    Vanguard Pitfighter
    Vanguard Ambusher

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Pitfighter
    Vanguard Alchemist
    Vanguard Armorer
    Vanguard Necromancer

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Ronin
    Vanguard Shaman
    Vanguard Enchanter
    Vanguard Pitfighter
    Vanguard Smithy

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Armorer
    Vanguard Tinkerer
    Vanguard Alchemist
    Vanguard Pathfinder
    Vanguard's Slime

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Welldigger
    Vanguard Maestro
    Vanguard Ronin
    Vanguard Dragontamer
    Vanguard's Wyvern

Goblin Replica
    Vanguard Smithy
    Vanguard Hitman
    Vanguard Enchanter
    Vanguard Shaman

Goblin Replica
    Goblin Replica
    Goblin Replica
    Goblin Replica

Nightmare Diremite x26
    Nightmare Kraken x27
    Nightmare Gaylas x29
    Nightmare Raptor x24
    Nightmare Tiger x32
    Nightmare Weapon x30

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Nice. Took a load off my shoulders, thanks NynJa.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

So, how about Dynamis - Valkurm lol

The nm similar to the dragon or Antaeus seems to be a Malboro at Selbina zone.

Old Merits
    BG Level

lol Kwechi gonna have to find a way to get rid of that Marlboro's AOE attacks and its flee speed. Shit was horrible. That and we have to find time extensions.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've never been to valkurm, or even heard anything about it, so checking the dat files would be a little more difficult for me.

Check Valkurm thread for information we've accumuluated so far.

Just a note from someone that hopefully one of you all can test out. He said that defeating the elemental made Antaeus susceptible to that element's magic. So if you beat Thunder Elemental, than he will take damage from thunder spells. It did nothing to lower his regen however

My guess it that based off the pattern, in order to make the final boss weaker, you must defeat the NM's in the area to weaken him, and then tackle him in the last bit of time you have left. The key now is to find out what ability defeating the NM's does to the boss, and find any possible time extensions that may exist (which hopefully do, so these new zones aren't considered a waste of time compared to farming the 64-people zones)

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

It's possible the Kraken NM can get rid of his regen, since Krakens have a common TP move that gives them regen.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

anybody got any new info on this guy?

we tried qufim last night, got boss to 60% before we wiped.

as hinted about the kraken NM, we got rid of that and i don't think that the boss regened at all, but it was still pretty powerful nonetheless. we also killed 3 elementals (water, fire, air), but doing so didn't seem to make any difference in susceptibility. the blms were using thunder/blizz and we yelled at them to switch spells, but water, fire, and aero seemed to resist exactly the same. i am inclined to think, however, that killing all the elementals will make a difference at the final boss.

also i was thinking, has anyone tried using the cermet wall right before the tower to try and protect against gigas slam? next time i'm gonna have all my mages line up on top, and see if stops any dmg at all lol.

finally, has anyone checked out what's in the cavern leading to behemoth's dominion? i don't know if someone's already posted about it, but i haven't really seen any good maps yet.