Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kisada
    finally, has anyone checked out what's in the cavern leading to behemoth's dominion? i don't know if someone's already posted about it, but i haven't really seen any good maps yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    as for behemoth's dominion:
    theres not much there. a dark elemental, some snolls and a golem "boss", name started with an S, around 8 letters if you wanna check dats.

Notes:
    Bats are Stirges in the .dat file.
    The Yagudo statues at the east side of H-8. 2 are stationary, 2 patrol. Very hard to pull without linking all.
    The kracken is a joke. We did not find any repops killing it might have caused.
    Elementals hit paladins hard with additional effect.
    Anateus has a huge agro range and will just toss a rock at you.
    We did not confirm the dark elemental area, that is based on a previous map.
    We did not locate the lighting or earth elementals.
    The Goblin statue near Jeuno popped another statue only.

Our drops included Warrior's Mask (known), Wyrm Belt, 2 100 pieces, and several singles (0-2 per mob)

Thank you Indiana for that info.

bump

took to 40% before time ran out today. Should be dead Tuesday if we get lucky with ??? spawn.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

have you noticed any benefits from killing suttung (if you even do him) or the elementals?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

killing Sclopendra cuts down on his regen, but does not completely remove it.

Killing elementals, from my personal observation, removes the NM's resistance to that spell. My group killed the water and ice elemtnals, and those spells seemed to go unresisted to Anateus. Unfortunately, his magic shield was still up, which I believe is tied to Suttung's life force.

Gonna try this all out next saturday :D

Thunder Elemental is on the way to Jeuno in the tunnels between the goblin statues and the bats. Killing a particular elemental will make another elemental depop. Ie, Killing the Fire Elemental makes the Water Elemental depop.

We killed the Kracken, bat, then golem. Unfortuantely, we had to blow 2 hours on the golem. And had no time to rest before going after Anteus. The amount of extra time you have in here is about 0. Your run has to be flawless. If you are a melee heavy group, you can probably skip killing the goelm. A balanced group, would have to defeat all 3 NMs.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

this zone is beyond weird. We have tried a slew of combinations on trying to kill this NM gigas with no such luck. Im hoping someone can take this info and think of something we havent thought of yet. here is what the LS im in has figured out

Killing the kraken nm stops his regen. most ppl know this.

Killing the Strings bat nm releases his physical attack dmg. (we have tested this theory. fought the gigas with not killing the bat, melees hit for 0, killed both bat and golem, melee hits for 50's, killed just the bat, melees it for 50's)

Theres still one thing i dont understand but found weird. Strings will only hit Critical attacks. He doesnt use mighty strikes at all, but any time he gets a hit in, its always critical. why? seems kinda strange. Still, i believe killing Strings releases the melee aspect of it.

Killing Suttung (or w/e) the golem, has done nothing that i can see as affecting the NM. heres why.

The run we did where we killed the bat, golem and kraken is the run where we only killed the 1 thunder elemental.

Now if the golem is suspected to take off his magic defence and the elems are suspected to take away his resistance, then thunder would do at least some dmg to him.

This proved to be false as all our blms couldnt even pull a triple digit number on him.

If killing the bat nm can release the dmg from say a mnk from 0 per hit to 50-70, then killing the golem IF he takes away magic resistance should at least take dmg from a thunder 4 from 70-90 to 300-400. It doesnt seem worth it to move fast, kill the 3 rocs, kill the gob statues so the tier 4 nukes can cast 20 more dmg per hit.

Also, running from one side of the zone to kill the bat then back to the other to kill the golem eats so much time its not even funny. Not only do you still have to kill the kraken, you must kill 6 rocs and about 12 gobs to get both the bat and golem nm. You barely have enough time to rest up before engaging the boss. There must be something thats being over looked. To not have any time for mistakes seems a bit off. Bubu and val all can be beat by engaging the boss with 20 min left. this must follow the same rules.

As for the elementals. This is where it gets the most confusing.

As stated in the .dat files, the elementals are right above the nm, hinting that they do something to affect the boss.

From killing almost all the elementals we have discovered that killing 1 type of elemental will make another despawn.

Killing Fire makes water despawn and etc.

Based on the elemental wheel, which ever elem you kill, you make its weakness despawn

Kill ---> Despawn

Water ---> Thunder
    Thunder ---> Earth
    Earth ---> Wind
    Wind ---> Ice
    Ice ---> Fire
    Fire ---> Water

Basically, counter-clockwise around the wheel. Light and Dark are the exception as they always are, kill either and the opposite despawns.

With this is mind, there is no logical way to kill all the elementals in the zone. It is impossible. i think the most you can kill is 6, i believe

There is a way to rid the entire zone of all the elementals though. Kill the right 4 and they all die or despawn. So which begs to question, what do the elementals actually do?

They do not drop his resistance to that spell. Seeing 10 blms casting each a different elemental spell and seeing no dmg over 100 is sad. There is also no way that you can only take something down this powerful on melee alone. So what releases his resistance on magic?

It was also tried that maybe killing certain elementals will stop his job abilities or 2hr. That proved false as well. after killing all 4 elementals, he still did every move, for the same amount of dmg when we killed only 1.

His 2hr is eagle eye shot, in case anyone was wondering.

So far, there has been no reason brought up on why to kill the elementals.

If they dont reduce the dmg he takes, why kill them? i know they are there for a reason, the question is why?

I think it was said that you have to beat these 3 new zones to get to safehold. Bubu and Val have been beat, now only leaves this. Could we try to work together on this and help each other beat it?

Im looking for any kind of ideas, suggestions or anything to try and solve the last dynamis zone and beat it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Anateus still has regen even if you kill the Kraken. it's just nerfed.

I allready posted that killing the elementals removes its stregnth to that elemental. Its like it has all resistance+100 with the elementals up, but killing say water, gives him all resistance except water+100. My DLS engaged it on a trial run without killing Suttung, but we killed the ice and water ele's. Those spells went unresisted (80-90 dmg every time), HOWEVER they were still constraied by his magic def bonus: Suttung.

Suttung is Anataeus's Magic Def Bonus, his phalanx, his magic shield, his shell....mages know what I'm talking about. Do you filter shit in dynamis ?? I'm a BLM, I've nuked Suttung, he's got FUCKED UP MAGIC DEFENCE:
    Nynja uses Elemental Seal.
    Nynja starts casting Thundaga3 on the Suttung.
    The Suttung takes 130 points of damage.

AFAIK, I'm tired, but nowhere in your post did you mention about having killed Suttung before engaging Anateus.

Quote Originally Posted by Deegan
    Now if the golem is suspected to take off his magic defence and the elems are suspected to take away his resistance, then thunder would do at least some dmg to him.

This proved to be false as all our blms couldnt even pull a triple digit number on him.
    I'm not sure about thunder spells, but stun was landing fine on him when we killed the thunder elemental, it wasn't lasting more than you'd expect from a rdm/drk but it was generaly a couple seconds. But it's TP attacks are instant and getting hit by a rock for 700 every 3 or 4 seconds and the WHMs not being bothered to fucking heal me despite having nothing else to do pretty much ended our chainspell/stun. Rocks ignored blink and knocked it down. Then of course noobs (hello Nynja) training bombs on us didn't help either. Having most of the mages wiped by bombs ended our attempt, but the few melee that were left got it down to 70% with little to no healing thanks to utsusemi over 5+ minutes.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I was only aiming to MPK your emo ass Flux...the rest was collateral damage.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

how much HP does Suttung have? :S He = my LS's antichrist

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I dunno man. If I go to dynamis with shit unfiltered, I'd lag off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

we've done this place a few times already and always coming up short, cause of some stupid mistake.

the worst part about our last tries though, are that the SJ spots are in previously undocumented places. last night it took us 30 mins just to release sj's. this prevents us from having a really serious chance for at least 2/3 of the mini-bosses, though i think next time we can probably kill him without doing bat or golem.

So....Kisada's group can kill the NM without killing the bat, but the bat releases the physical damage restriction? And magical damage is almost nil? What's up with that?

I'm trying to get as much info on this zone as possible, as tomorrow is our first (real) attempt at this zone, so Kisada, if you could be a little less vague, I'm sure we'd all greatly appreciate it.

http://www.dynamisbums.com

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Anateus still has regen even if you kill the Kraken. it's just nerfed.

I allready posted that killing the elementals removes its stregnth to that elemental. Its like it has all resistance+100 with the elementals up, but killing say water, gives him all resistance except water+100. My DLS engaged it on a trial run without killing Suttung, but we killed the ice and water ele's. Those spells went unresisted (80-90 dmg every time), HOWEVER they were still constraied by his magic def bonus: Suttung.

Suttung is Anataeus's Magic Def Bonus, his phalanx, his magic shield, his shell....mages know what I'm talking about. Do you filter shit in dynamis ?? I'm a BLM, I've nuked Suttung, he's got FUCKED UP MAGIC DEFENCE:
    Nynja uses Elemental Seal.
    Nynja starts casting Thundaga3 on the Suttung.
    The Suttung takes 130 points of damage.

AFAIK, I'm tired, but nowhere in your post did you mention about having killed Suttung before engaging Anateus.

The 1 run where we killed all the nm, golem, bat and kraken. then engaged The Gigas. That run we only killed the lightning elem (more because you dont much time to go and kill the others and its blocking the bat nm). we did get it to 40% though.

After killing Suttung and the thunder elemental, every blm i asked told me the dmg was the same. 80-90. nothing over 100 on thunder 4s

Nothing to say "zOMG! I HIT HIM FOR OVER 300dmg!!!"

It just seems a lil weird that a boss in dynamis has to be strickly meleed to death and has monsterous aoe that kills many melees in one shot.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

so you had time to kill:
    the bat, which is at jeuno
    the kraken, which is at BST job flag area
    and
    the golem, which is at Behemoth's Dominion

all while clearing out the shit in your way ??

I'll believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's called talent.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zim
    It's called talent.
    OMG U SO FUNNY
    I call BS on it.

the bubrimu, qufim and valkurm strats all work the same: numerous NM's spread around the map that power the last NM. Bubu and Valk strats involve killing SOME of the powerlink NM's, NOT ALL.

It takes atleast 30 min alone to run from middle lake, to jeuno, back to bst flag area, up to behemoth's dominion then back to delkfutt. That's without shit blocking your way......unless you use MrFleeTool, but I dont consider that talent.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy
    So....Kisada's group can kill the NM without killing the bat, but the bat releases the physical damage restriction? And magical damage is almost nil? What's up with that?

I'm trying to get as much info on this zone as possible, as tomorrow is our first (real) attempt at this zone, so Kisada, if you could be a little less vague, I'm sure we'd all greatly appreciate it.

http://www.dynamisbums.com
    our first time on antaeus, we'd gotten him down to 60% while killing only the kraken, air elemental, fire elemental, and water elemental. i don't recall any real problems damaging him, though it was indeed slow. the biggest problem was the extremely high damage attacks, and without a way to mitigate it, our damage slowly died out until it was all over.

honestly, i can't say i remember how much damage i did on it as a melee ninja, but i definitely would have remembered putting up 0's, which i didn't. though it does have some pretty strong defense, i wouldn't classify it as abnormally strong.

as far as the elementals and from my experiences, killing them had zero effect on the elemental resistance of the gigas itself.

concerning the bat: i'd actually heard from some site that killing the bat reduces its damage, rather than reducing its defense. so next time i'm gonna try doing kraken and bat, then hopefully coming back with enough time for the boss. i feel that as long as we can outlast its damage on us, we can win an extended fight.