+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Avatar     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Help with Avatar

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/ ... nmlsBG.jpg

I want to make that my signature but when I upload it from my comp or link it from photobucket, neither work, wth is wrong with the avatar uploader?

Input URL in "Link to offsite avatar".

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, BG doesn't want to store your pic, so you have to just link it intead of uploading it.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Input URL in "Link to offsite avatar".
    ahhh you stole my avatar fuh-lawfl
    thank you for the quick responses, you guys rockorz :D

your avatars suck anyway~~~~~~~~~~~~

your avatars suck anyway~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

wth, I thought it looked kewl, what should it be then?

Lets start a trend and rip off hellboy's avatars.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    It could be the greatest picture the world has ever seen but if it's that small, that dark, that out-of-focus and that distorted no one is gonna say anything apart from "it sucks".

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Lets start a trend and rip off hellboy's avatars.
    Where is that pic from anyway? The kid looks familiar but I can't quite place it.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Where is that pic from anyway? The kid looks familiar but I can't quite place it.
    Mithra Gonzalez: Travel helps students understand medicine across cultures

For Mithra Gonzalez, a second-year UI Carver College of Medicine student, medicine is a bit of an adventure.

Co-chair of the Global Medicine Society at the UI, Gonzalez also has ventured to Japan as part of a Carver College of Medicine student exchange program.

"I like adventures. I often find that traveling yields adventures," he said.

For six weeks, Gonzalez worked one-on-one with doctors at Aichi Medical University in Japan. Each week was spent seeing patients and doing rounds in a different specialty of Gonzalez's choosing—like cardiology, neurosurgery, and anesthesiology, among others.

But Gonzalez learned more than just medical technique; he gained valuable lessons in medicine across cultures.

" I learned that sickness and the way we treat the sick isn't an absolute. Different cultures approach sickness and particular diseases in different ways," he said. "Yet there are some constants among cultures—parts of the human condition. I think that this trip, in many ways, is very good at pointing out some of those parts of the human condition, like a reverence for death."

Traveling abroad has helped Gonzalez to identify with not only other cultures, but also to notice different cultural aspects within the United States, noting the importance of cultural competency for doctors.

He plans to do his medical residency in the United States then practice in another country for a few years. But he ultimately has a larger mission in mind.

" I'd like to go around the world and learn from each of the native healers and try to incorporate all of that knowledge into a unified system of healing," he said. "That's what I'd really like to do, but that would take a lifetime."

In the meantime, he is helping other UI medical students further their interest in international medicine.

As co-chair of the Global Medicine Society on campus, Gonzalez helps bring in speakers on international medicine, and he is beginning to establish a community.

" We're helping people to learn how to do medicine not only on a local level but also on the international level, and how to balance those two spheres," he said.

The Global Medicine Society, officially formed last year, is now getting into full swing, Gonzalez said.

The society currently is writing its constitution, recruiting, and trying to set up new international sites for students.

Gonzalez said that the group is a good way to learn from others' experiences and to explore more opportunities to study medicine internationally.

As he gets further into his medical studies, Gonzalez is considering careers in surgery, radiology, pathology, or anesthesiology.

In college, he majored in psychology and minored in English, chemistry, and history at Virginia Commonwealth University. He considered a career in law, but wanted to do something with more individual contact.

" I've always had reverence for the power and ability to heal. I have always thought of my career as something I could live with myself for doing, and medicine is something I could be happy with," Gonzalez said.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    It could be the greatest picture the world has ever seen but if it's that small, that dark, that out-of-focus and that distorted no one is gonna say anything apart from "it sucks".
    If I give the original pic out could someone make a kewl Avatar/sig from it lol?