BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fish Ranking

-Speak to the NPC Chenon at the Fishermen’s Guild in Selbina to learn about or participate in Fish Ranking.

-About Fish Ranking
    A certain variety of fish will be specified for each Fish Ranking contest. Players who wish to participate must obtain the fish and trade it to Chenon. The participant whose entry best fits the conditions set forth in the contest rules will be declared victorious.
    Contest entries for Fish Ranking will be accepted for a period of two weeks (Earth time). After the competition is over, the results will be announced for the next two-week period. This cycle will continue so that the event is held twelve times a year.

-Conditions for Participation
    Anybody can participate as long as he or she possesses the fish specified by Chenon. There are also no rules regarding the method of acquiring the fish. You can catch it yourself, buy it at the auction house, or search other players’ bazaars.

-Rules
    Three rules determine what kind of fish to seek for the contest.

<Standard Rules of Evaluation>
    Rule A: Type of Fish
    The first rule specifies the variety of fish to be used for the contest.
    Rule B: Fish Specifications
    The second rule specifies whether the fish will be evaluated based on its weight, size, or both.
    Rule C: Large vs. Small
    The third rule specifies whether the fish with the greatest value or the smallest value of weight/size will be declared the winner.

Speak to Chenon while entries are being accepted to learn the rules for the current competition.

-How to Participate
    Trade the fish specified for the contest to Chenon during the submission period to participate in Fish Ranking.

*Note
    -You must pay a small registration fee in order to submit an entry.
    -You cannot view other players’ fishing records during the submission period.
    -You can only have one submission entered into the contest at a time. You may submit new entries, but please note that any new entry will remove the previous submission from the contest.
    -Any fish that have been entered in a Fish Ranking competition will be labeled and will be unusable for future contests. However, no other changes to the fish will be made, and it may be used in any other typical way, such as selling, cooking, and quests. However, if a labeled fish is sold, it will not lose its mark, and will continue to be unavailable for contest entry.

-The Submission Period
    During the submission period, you may confirm or withdraw your entry at any time at no extra cost. However, please take note that you cannot resubmit an entry that has been withdrawn.

-Ranking Results
    The results will be announced following the two-week submission period. Speak to Chenon to view the ranking board.
    The ranking board lists rank, tier, the participant’s name, and entry details. In the case of a tie, the tied rank will be listed twice, and the list will skip the following number. For example, if two players tied for rank 2, the list would display as follows.

Rank 1
    Rank 2
    Rank 2
    Rank 4

-Awards
    The top twenty participants will be eligible for the following awards.

Rank 1: Title “Gold Hook,” Pelican Ring, and prize money
    Rank 2: Title “Mythril Hook,” Pelican Ring, and prize money
    Rank 3: Title “Silver Hook,” Pelican Ring, and prize money
    Rank 4-10: Title “Copper Hook,” Pelican Ring, and prize money
    Rank 11-20: Pelican Ring

You can view the ranking by speaking to Chenon during the announcement period and selecting “View ranking board.” If you have placed in the top ten, a special graphic will display, showing that you are eligible for an award.
    In the event of a tie, all players will receive an award and a new title with regard to their tier, but the prize money will be divided among the participants.

*Note
    Award winners may receive their prize at any time while the results are being announced. However, the player will no longer be eligible for an award after the announcement period ends, so it is important to accept your prize in a timely fashion. If your inventory is full, you will be unable to accept your reward. If you do not make space in your inventory and accept your prize before the announcement period is over, you will not be able to receive it at a later time.

-Additional Notes
    >All ranking results are erased at the end of the announcement period. However, you can view the number of awards received in each tier using the “View award history” option.
    >You can revert to any previously received title by speaking to a bard in the town where the title was originally earned.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

1mil prize for 1st place plz?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh, and what Pelican Ring's do if anyone is interested.

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/7987

As a fisher this makes me angry. Why not just make everyone 100 skill and get it over with.

Beat me to link!

Shit, cancelling my WoW account and coming back to FFXI!

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    As a fisher this makes me angry. Why not just make everyone 100 skill and get it over with.
    So the reward for catch... er, having the biggest/smallest/whatever fish is an item that helps you increase your fishing skill? BRILLIANT!!!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    So the reward for catch... er, having the biggest/smallest/whatever fish is an item that helps you increase your fishing skill? BRILLIANT!!!
    Except the TOP 20 RANKED get the item. It sounds great for a first place prize, but 20 peoeple are gonna get this every time the event is held. -_-

or the same 20 people, depending on the dedication level of the fishermen. The charges do run out, and it's something to do

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, instead of getting a 0.1 fishing skill up every 3 hours, I'll get one every 2 hours and 55 minutes?

Holy shit! Sign me up!

/hurray Square has finally fixed end-game!

>_>

-Conditions for Participation
    Anybody can participate as long as he or she possesses the fish specified by Chenon. There are also no rules regarding the method of acquiring the fish. You can catch it yourself, buy it at the auction house, or search other players’ bazaars.
    Any monkey with gil can win this contest.

I do like the ring however. I tried fishing again a couple month ago after a 6 month break. Spent like 6 hours fishing over 3 days and got maybe .4 skill. Havent fished again cuz of that plus the fact that the guild doesn't buy fish for as much as they used to.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lui
    or the same 20 people, depending on the dedication level of the fishermen. The charges do run out, and it's something to do
    180 charges.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    Fish Ranking
    I Care.

Quote Originally Posted by rahskala
    Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    Fish Ranking
    I Care.
    Clearly there isn't any sarcasm in your words.

Banned.

BG Level

1mil prize for 1st place plz?
    Inflation ;o.